NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M Notebook Graphics Processor
NVIDIA today brings its next-generation NVIDIA Kepler graphics architecture to the top of the GeForce notebook GPU lineup, with the launch of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M. The fastest, most advanced gaming notebook GPU ever built, the GTX 680M GPU delivers unprecedented performance, incredible power efficiency and the world's most advanced gaming technology.
"The GeForce GTX 680M is the fastest mobile GPU ever, but it's more than just a speed king," said Rene Haas, vice president and general manager of the notebook business unit at NVIDIA. "It also offers an entire arsenal of next-gen gaming technology, along with Optimus technology for extended battery life."
GeForce 600M Series GPUs are built for superior performance and power efficiency. Only GeForce GPUs offer:
- Adaptive V-sync - newly developed technology for a smoother gameplay experience
- Advanced AA modes - for crisper images, including NVIDIA FXAA and new TXAA
- NVIDIA Optimus technology - enabling extra-long battery life by automatically switching on the GPU only when it is needed
- NVIDIA PhysX support - for accelerated in-game physics
- NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 technology - for bigger, brighter, more comfortable 3D gaming
- NVIDIA 3DTV Play software - for connecting notebooks to 3DTVs for the most immersive gaming experience to be had in a living room
- High-performance NVIDIA Verde notebook drivers - offering day one game support and maximum compatibility
- NVIDIA SLI technology - make the fastest notebook GPU even faster with up to double the gaming performance
- NVIDIA CUDA technology support - for high-performance GPU computing applications
"The intense focus on performance and technology engineered into the 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M is a perfect match for the Alienware M17x and M18x laptops," said Frank Azor, Alienware General Manager. "Whether a single graphics card on the 17x or dual GTX 680M's on the M18x, Alienware owners are going to love having this much power at their fingertips."
The Alienware M17x will be available with a GeForce GTX 680M GPU and NVIDIA Optimus technology or NVIDIA 3D Vision technology. The Alienware M18x notebook will be available with GeForce GTX 680M GPUs in single or SLI configurations before the end of the month.
The GeForce GTX 680M GPU is also available in MSI GT70 notebooks and gaming notebooks from Clevo channel partners such as Ava Direct, Maingear and Origin.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 launches soon ? - 05/25/2012 12:11 PM
More graphics card 'gossip' today. It seems that the GeForce GTX 660 is scheduled to arrive this summer. i've heard gossip about Computex already, but that seems a little too soon to be honest. SweC...
Nvidia GeForce 301.42 WHQL Driver download - 05/23/2012 03:21 AM
This is the first WHQL-certified unified driver from the R300 family of drivers (versions 300.00 to 301.99).GeForce R300 drivers are packed with new industry-leading, GeForce-exclusive features as wel...
Nvidia GeForce 302.59 Beta Driver Download - 05/18/2012 04:26 PM
These are Beta drivers that are to be released. Unfortunately there is no description or changelog available as of yet. These drivers have been spotted at NVIDIAs developper website. The driverset su...
NVIDIA GK110 surfaces -- has 2880 Shader processors - 05/16/2012 12:38 PM
Over at the other side of the pond the NVIDIA GK110 Kepler GPU has been 'somewhat' introduced. We stated in our GTX 670/680 reviews already that the GK104 really was meant to be a mid-range chip. It'...
NVIDIA GeForce 301.40 Beta 64-bit - 05/16/2012 01:56 AM
Download Nvidia GeForce 301.40