NVIDIA Forceware 197.13 out for grabs
NVIDIA issued a beta Forceware driver. This is a WHQL-candidate driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, and 300-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.
This driver resolves fan speed issues reported with version 196.75 drivers. NVIDIA asks that you remove 196.75 drivers and update to either 196.21 WHQL drivers or to this 197.13 WHQL-candidate driver.
If you currently have 196.75 installed, please first uninstall it before installing 197.13.
New in Version 197.13
- Adds support for Next Generation ION.
- Adds support for GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340.
- Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.
- Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 188.8.131.52 (for supported GPUs).
- Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
- Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
- Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
- Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
- Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
- Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
- Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology
- Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.
- Enhanced SLI support for Metro 2033, Supreme Commander 2, Unigine, and World of Warcraft
- Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.
- Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
- Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
- Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with the new Adobe Flash 10.1 beta. Learn more here.
- Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports CUDA Toolkit 3.0 features and performance enhancements. See CUDA Zone for more details.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology* on DirectX 9 and OpenGL.
- Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more here.
- Download these FREE PhysX and CUDA applications now!
- Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
We have a discussion thread open on these drivers right here.
NVIDIA Forceware 197.13 WHQL - 03/26/2010 07:37 AM
There is not AMD/ATI without NVIDIA and so it is, after the Launch of the new Catalyst 10.3 NVIDIA had just launched the official WHQL Forceware version 197.13, the additions of this new driver are as...
NVIDIA Forceware 197.13 WHQL out for grabs - 03/25/2010 08:10 PM
This is a WHQL driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, and 300-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs. We have a discussion thread open on these drivers right here. This driver resolves fan speed i...
NVIDIA Forceware 197.25 Drivers Out - 03/24/2010 05:16 AM
Download Forceware 197.24 for Windows 7 and
NVIDIA ForceWare 191.03 released - 09/26/2009 09:21 AM
A new driver has been relased by NVIDIA. New in Version 191.03 Adds support for OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8, 9, 100, and 200-series GPUs and ION GPUs. Accelerates performance in several gaming applica...
NVIDIA Forceware 191.00 WHQL released - 09/24/2009 06:39 AM
You can now download NVIDIA ForceWare 191.00 for Windows XP, 7