NEC 30-Inch Color Accurate MultiSync PA Series Display
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the 30-inch MultiSync PA302W color accurate display and color critical PA302W display solution with SpectraViewII calibration software and sensor. The models come in both white and black cabinets, which have been redesigned and are now 34 percent slimmer than previous models.
Built using a cutting edge GB-R LED backlight, the PA302W provides a wider color gamut and more color control than a conventional white LED backlight and consumes 44 percent less power than comparable CCFL backlights. The display can be seen in Booth No. 4238 at Print 13, a graphics communications industry event running September 8-12 at McCormick Place in Chicago.
The MultiSync PA302W monitor is designed with a fully ergonomic stand for added comfort during use. It also features a 2560 x 1600 resolution and 10-bit wide color gamut AH-IPS LCD panel that provides the accurate, vibrant colors professionals require.
In addition, the MultiSync PA302W display showcases the time-saving features common to the MultiSync PA Series displays, including the ability to load ICC profiles to emulate custom color spaces and easily match image prints.
"The PA302W gives graphic designers, pre-press operators, photographers, video editors and other professionals a greater color gamut and even better color control," said Art Marshall, Product Manager of Professional and Medical Desktop Monitors at NEC Display Solutions. "In addition, users can now update the factory calibration using an external sensor when they have SpectraViewII."
Meanwhile, the free MultiProfiler software, exclusive to the MultiSync P & PA Series, provides easy-to-use control over most display settings, including print matching with Picture Mode presets as well as Picture in Picture (PIP) and Picture by Picture (PBP) window configuration. MultiProfiler also allows users to manage the monitor's USB hub and enables keyboard shortcuts for changing inputs and Picture Modes. MultiProfiler can also use ICC profiles to offer MultiSync PA302W users an easy way to match prints.
The MultiSync PA302W and PA302W-BK-SV include the following features:
- 10-bit active matrix AH-IPS panel with GB-R backlight and no-sparkle, antiglare coating
- 2560 x 1600 resolution
- 340 cd/m² brightness and 1000:1 contrast ratio at 44 percent less power than CCFL
- Near perfect (99.3 percent) coverage of Adobe RGB and 100 percent of sRGB color space
- Internal 14-bit programmable 3D lookup table (LUT)
- Comprehensive input panel, including DisplayPort, mini-DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D
- Built-in USB hub (2 up, 3 down) with DisplaySync Pro to control two computers with only one keyboard and mouse
- 4-way ergonomic stand (150 mm height-adjust with locking base, tilt, swivel and pivot) with quick-release capability
- AmbiBright ambient light sensor, which automatically adjusts the displays' brightness based on external lighting conditions
- SpectraViewII Color Calibration Solution, which includes software and colorimeter to provide automated monitor matching and calibration for accurate, consistent and repeatable color performance (included with PA302W-BK-SV and PA302W-SV)
- Optional accessories, which include a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable (PA-MDP-CABL) for connecting devices using Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt technology, display hood (HDPA30-2), SpectraViewII software (SVIISOFT), NEC custom colorimeter (MDSVSENSOR3), complete SpectraViewII Color Calibration Solution (SVII-PRO-KIT) and 2W USB sound bar (SOUNDBARPRO)
The MultiSync PA302W-BK and PA302W-BK-SV (in black), and MultiSync PA302W and PA302W-SV (in white) ship with a 4-year limited parts and labor warranty, and will be available in September 2013 at an estimated street price of $2,399, $2,649, $2,399 and $2,649, respectively.