NEC 27-Inch Color Accurate Display Built on GB-R LED Backlight
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the latest additions to its award-winning MultiSync PA Series of displays. The 27-inch PA272W color accurate display and PA272W color critical display with SpectraViewII calibration software and sensor come in both white and black cabinets.
The redesigned monitors are built on GB-R LED backlights, which mean that the PA272W provides a wider color gamut and more color control than a conventional white LED backlight, and consumes 37 percent less power than comparable CCFL backlights.
"The PA272W gives professionals in color-critical jobs a great tool to improve their workflow and achieve more daily successes," said Art Marshall, Product Manager of Professional and Medical Desktop Monitors at NEC Display Solutions. "In addition, the factory calibration can now be updated using an external sensor for those users who have SpectraViewII, for even more effective color control."
The 27-inch monitor is designed with a fully ergonomic stand and features a 2560 x 1440 resolution. Its 10-bit wide color gamut AH-IPS LCD panel provides the accurate, vibrant colors professionals require. It also showcases the time-saving features common to the MultiSync PA Series displays, including the ability to load ICC profiles to emulate custom color spaces and easily match prints.
In addition, the free MultiProfiler software, exclusive to the MultiSync P & PA Series, provides easy-to-use control over most display settings, including print matching with Picture Mode presets as well as Picture in Picture and Picture by Picture window configurations. MultiProfiler also allows users to manage the monitor's USB hub and enables keyboard shortcuts for changing inputs and Picture Modes.
The MultiSync PA272W and PA272W-BK-SV include the following features:
- 10-bit active matrix AH-IPS panel with GB-R backlight and no-sparkle, antiglare coating
- 2560 x 1440 resolution at 109 PPI
- 350 cd/m² brightness and 1000:1 contrast ratio at 37 percent less power than CCFL
- Near perfect (99.3 percent) coverage of Adobe RGB and 100 percent of sRGB color space
- Internal 14-bit programmable 3D lookup table (LUT)
- Comprehensive input panel, including DisplayPort, mini-DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D
- Built-in USB hub (2 up, 3 down) with DisplaySync Pro to control two computers with only one keyboard and mouse
- 4-way ergonomic stand (150 mm height-adjust with locking base, tilt, swivel and pivot) with quick-release capability
- The PA272W-BK-SV includes the SpectraViewII Color Calibration Solution, which features software and colorimeter to provide automated monitor matching and calibration for accurate, consistent and repeatable color performance
- Optional accessories, which include a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable (PA-MDP-CABL) for connecting devices using Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt technology, display hood (HDPA27), SpectraViewII software (SVIISOFT), NEC custom colorimeter (MDSVSENSOR3), complete SpectraViewII Color Calibration Solution (SVII-PRO-KIT) and 2W USB sound bar (SOUNDBARPRO)
The MultiSync PA272W-BK and PA272W-BK-SV (in black), and MultiSync PA272W and PA272W-SV (in white) ship with a 4-year limited parts and labor warranty, and will be available in October 2013 at an estimated street price of $1,429, $1,704, $1,429, and $1,704, respectively.