Max Payne 3 First PC Patch - resolves stuttering
Rockstar has released the first patch for the PC version of Max Payne 3. This patch addresses the '0MB of video memory' issues, resolves stuttering on some video cards, fixes reported issues of game locked in incorrect aspect ratio, fixes issues of mouse acceleration affecting aiming and adds a commandline option to disable mouse acceleration. The patch will be auto-downloaded next time you start the game and you can view its complete changelog below:
Fixed reported issues with needing service packs, compatibility with incorrect OS.
- Fixed a range of issues which could have led to crashes on startup and in-game.
- Fixed reported issues of audio dropouts when no audio device was plugged in, or when the headphones/speakers disconnected while in game.
- Fixed reported issues of mouse being sluggish, especially in prone and Shootdodge. Increased top end range of mouse sensitivity, but kept the slider from 1-10, allowing the user more range in their sensitivity setting.
- Fixed reported issues of mouse acceleration affecting aiming
- Included commandline option to disable mouse acceleration, -nomouseaccel (In a future update, this will be added as an option in the Mouse Controls menu).
- Fixed reported issues of game locked in incorrect aspect ratio, or alt-entering and having incorrect aspect ratio. Added commandline option for locked aspect ratio as commandline option -aspectratio width:height (ie. -aspectratio 4:3 / -aspectratio 16:9) In a future update, this will be added as an option in the Graphics menu.
- Fixed reported issues of the video card reporting having 0MB of video memory available. Users unable to adjust Graphics options because of this (Also helps fix stuttering on some video cards).
Max Payne 3 PC Launch Trailer - 06/02/2012 10:57 AM
To celebrate tomorrow's international launch of Max Payne 3 for PC, check out the Official PC Launch Trailer, comprised entirely of footage from the PC version. Developed in parallel with the game's c...
Max Payne 3 PC Specs & Release Date - 05/28/2012 10:31 AM
Rockstar shared information the minimum and recommenced PC requirements for Max Payne 3. Though the Xbox 360 & PS3 versions are coming out the week of May 15th, the PC version is coming a little l...
Max Payne 3 Ships 3 Million copies already - 05/24/2012 09:57 AM
Publisher Take-Two has shipped three million copies of Max Payne 3 to retailers worldwide. CEO Strauss Zelnick said last night: "Fiscal 2013 kicked off with the successful launch of Max Payne 3, ...
Max Payne 3 - MLG Pro Exhibition Sneak Preview - 05/14/2012 09:21 AM
Deathmatch tournaments and vying for a total cash prize purse of $30,000. Watch the complete online broadcast at www.majorleaguegaming.com and here on the Rockstar Newswire on Monday May 14th at 8:00P...
Max Payne 3 - Launch Trailer - 05/11/2012 09:32 AM
Rockstar Games have released the launch trailer of Max Payne 3. Max Payne 3 will be released in five days on consoles and will hit PC on June 1st. The PC version will come with DX11 support, revamped ...