GeForce Forceware 258.49 WHQL 64-bit available for download
Posted by Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 06/18/2010 06:44 AM | 0 comment(s) ]
This set of new drivers is tagged as Quadro driver (for NVIDIA's professional series graphics cards) however we added extensive support for most common GeForce graphics cards including series 9, 200 and GTX 470 and 480.
New in Release 258.49:
- Adds support for CUDA 3.1 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications. See CUDA for more details.
- Adds support for OpenGL 3.3
- ECC State (appeared in later Release 197 versions)
New page for GPUs that support ECC (error correction code). The page lets you
o Change the Error Correction Code (ECC) state for GPUs.
o View GPU memory details.
- EDID Management
Accessible from the View System Topology page, this feature lets you -
o View the connector information
o Get an EDID from a connected display and save it to disk
o Force an EDID at a connector
o Remove a forced EDID from a connector
- The SDI Capture page is now available with Windows Vista and Windows 7 drivers.
- Workstation application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, feature limitations, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
- Support for the Open Computing Language (OpenCL) 1.0 in Quadro FX Series x700 and newer as well as the FX4600 and FX5600.
- Supports NVIDIA SLI technology (two-way SLI) for DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboard based system from select OEMs.
- Support for DDC-Ci/MCCS over the DisplayPort AUX channel.
- 10-bits per color (10bpc) DisplayPort support for full-screen applications on supported products.
We have an extensive discussion thread open on these drivers right here.
POINT of VIEW GeForce GTX 580 BEAST - 12/03/2010 04:27 PM
Point of View announces today that it is first to market with a water cooled GeForce GTX 580 graphics card, the POV/TGT GeForce GTX 580
Inno3D preps watercooled GeForce GTX 580 - 12/03/2010 11:26 AM
Expreview got its hands on a photo of Inno3D's watercooled GeForce GTX 580 iChill Black Edition. Different from the several previous Inno3D water-cooled graphics cards,GTX 580 Ichill Black Edition ado...
Sparkle Low-Profile GeForce GT 430 512 MB - 12/02/2010 11:21 AM
PR - Sparkle announced New Edition of SPARKLE GeForce GT 430 512MB Graphics Card, bringing unparalleled levels of price/performance to mainstream users. Exquisitely made cooling fan, which has high pe...
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 exposed - 06/25/2010 02:06 AM
As we told you a couple of months ago, another one DirectX11 based graphics card from NVIDIA may release Fermi-based performance, probably sometime during the next month. NVIDIA is working on their ne...
Palit GeForce GTX 470 Dual Fan Cooler review - 06/23/2010 09:19 AM
Palit GeForce GTX 470 Dual Fan Cooler review We test and review the Palit GeForce GTX 470 Dual Fan. As such, many NVIDIA board partners went on a quest to find better 3rd party solutions. A handful of...