GeForce Forceware 257.21 WHQL drivers ready for download
Posted by Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 06/16/2010 04:47 AM | 0 comment(s) ]
NVIDIA has released a new series 257 drivers, this is revision 257.21 WHQL which carries support for a large amount of GeForce graphics cards.
The 257.15 beta driver includes the PhysX system software, the HD audio 188.8.131.52 driver, and has support for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300 and 400 (GTX 465 too) series desktop cards, and the ION GPUs.
New in Version 257.21
- Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0223.
- Adds support for OpenGL 4.0 for GeForce GTX 400 Series GPUs.
- Adds support for CUDA Toolkit 3.1 which includes significant performance increases for double precision math operations. See CUDA Zone for more details.
- Adds a new NVIDIA Control Panel setup page for SLI and PhysX for ultimate control over multi-gpu configurations.
- Adds a new NVIDIA Control Panel feature for ultimate control over CUDA GPUs, allowing the user to effectively choose which GPU will power each CUDA application.
- Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
- Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
- Installs HD Audio driver version 184.108.40.206 (for supported GPUs).
- Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe CS5 .
- Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here.
- Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
- Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology * on DirectX 9 and OpenGL.
- Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
*Note: The following SLI features are only supported on Windows Vista and Windows 7: Quad SLI technology using GeForce 9800 GX2 or GeForce GTX 295, 3-way SLI technology, Hybrid SLI, and SLI multi-monitor support.
A specific change log will follow later on. We have a discussion thread open on these drivers right here.
POINT of VIEW GeForce GTX 580 BEAST - 12/03/2010 04:27 PM
Point of View announces today that it is first to market with a water cooled GeForce GTX 580 graphics card, the POV/TGT GeForce GTX 580
Inno3D preps watercooled GeForce GTX 580 - 12/03/2010 11:26 AM
Expreview got its hands on a photo of Inno3D's watercooled GeForce GTX 580 iChill Black Edition. Different from the several previous Inno3D water-cooled graphics cards,GTX 580 Ichill Black Edition ado...
Sparkle Low-Profile GeForce GT 430 512 MB - 12/02/2010 11:21 AM
PR - Sparkle announced New Edition of SPARKLE GeForce GT 430 512MB Graphics Card, bringing unparalleled levels of price/performance to mainstream users. Exquisitely made cooling fan, which has high pe...
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 exposed - 06/25/2010 02:06 AM
As we told you a couple of months ago, another one DirectX11 based graphics card from NVIDIA may release Fermi-based performance, probably sometime during the next month. NVIDIA is working on their ne...
Palit GeForce GTX 470 Dual Fan Cooler review - 06/23/2010 09:19 AM
Palit GeForce GTX 470 Dual Fan Cooler review We test and review the Palit GeForce GTX 470 Dual Fan. As such, many NVIDIA board partners went on a quest to find better 3rd party solutions. A handful of...