Fractal Design Define XL R2
Fractal Design has released the Define XL R2, an updated version of the company's full-tower case. The new model gets rid of the angled top fan as well as the thermal cage design, and has an updated internal layout to offer greater expandability and flexibility. You can expect the case to hit the retail market in February 2013 for $129.99. Just like its predecessor, it will ship in Titanium Grey and Black Pearl color variants.
Fractal Design builds on the success of its awarding-winning Define XL computer case with the Define XL R2. This updated chassis carries on the family tradition of providing superb cooling and ventilation capabilities with exceptional expandability, in a sleek and stylish Scandinavian form.
The Define XL R2, which includes Fractal Design’s innovative ModuVent™ feature, has an updated internal layout that offers greater expandability, modularity and flexibility, including capacity for 9 PCI cards and two HDD cages that can be repositioned to provide more space for water cooling radiators.
- High density noise-reducing material for an optimal silent case
- Patented ModuVent™ design allowing the user to choose between optimal silence or maximum airflow.
- With a new internal layout and additional PCI expansion slots, it can harbor the most powerful enthusiast systems.
- Both HDD cages can be removed or repositioned - Top HDD cage can be removed or repositioned for increased airflow whereas bottom HDD cage can be repositioned further into the case to allow for front radiator mount.
- The case can fit water cooling equipment in the front, top, rear and bottom without major modifications.
- Three-speed fan controller is strategically integrated in the front panel and supports up to 3 fans
- Three Silent Series R2 fans are included, featuring hydraulic bearings which contribute to a longer life expectancy – Silent Series R2 retail fans now come standard in all cases
- New tool-less front fan holder makes switching front fans a breeze
Fractal Design Define R4 Chassis - 07/21/2012 10:32 AM
Fractal Design presents the Define R4, a new case that focuses on minimalistic design and maximum sound reduction, configurability and functionality. It's available in Black Pearl, Titanium Grey and A...
Fractal Fan Controller, the Adjust108 - 05/11/2012 09:51 AM
The new Adjust 108 fan controller from Fractal Design offers a simple yet clean option to adjust the speed of your case fans. With a brushed aluminum front panel and smooth moving sliders, it does not...
Fractal Design ARC Midi chassis - 07/12/2011 09:49 AM
The new Fractal Design Arc Series of cases create a niche of their own; a combination of stellar performance and cooling options with stylish, minimalistic looks and an overall understated elegance. T...
Fractal Design Core 3000 review - 06/20/2011 09:23 AM
Fractal Design released the Core 3000, an all black, quite stylish mid-tower chassis. This ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX ready tower chassis can house a pair of external 5.25-inch drive bays, for ODDs (opt...
Computex 2011 - Fractal Design - 06/03/2011 01:49 PM
The name that popped out of nowhere a year and a half ago is Fractal design. With some impressive chassis like the R2 and R3 taking a good position in the high-end segment they did feel a need to rele...