EA DICE Rebuilding Battlefield 3 Huge Patch
EA DICE has releaseda huge list of updates, including tweaks for a pending Battlefield 3 Patch The list covers weapon mechanics changes, vehicle mechanics changes, and changes to the way damage is meted out.
There is no ETA on this patch. There are no notable changes to the resources (sound samples, textures, etc.,) so this patch might not be very big in size.
- EA DICE is practically tearing apart Battlefield 3 as we know it, and rebuilding it with a huge list of updates, including tweaks in the gameplay mechanics, and its background aWeapons Changes:
Added Extended Mags to the ASVAL. The Extended Mags can be unlocked at 200 kills with the AS VAL.
- Reduced the recoil of the SKS rifle and increased its maximum damage at close range.
- Fixed aimed firing max accuracy on the Pecheneg to be consistent with other LMGs.
- Semiautomatic and automatic shotguns firing FRAG rounds now do slightly less splash damage.
- The M26 MASS frag and slug rounds are now the more effective pump action versions.
- The M26 MASS and M320 now benefit from the Laser Sight when mounted with an Underslung Rail.
- Fixed the bolt action timer on the L96 that would cause an animation glitch.
- 9x39mm rounds no longer benefit from the Sniper headshot bonus.
- Increased the damage of the 9x39mm rounds at long range.
- Fixed the AKS74u damage at max range, it was incorrectly higher than other carbines.
- Increased the damage of the .357 and .44 magnum rounds at max range.
- All semiautomatic and bolt weapons, including all shotgun slugs, now have their maximum damage out to 15m.
- Semiautomatic weapons will no longer