Download - Fraps updated to version 2.9.6
Fraps is a universal Windows application that can be used with games using DirectX or OpenGL graphic technology. In its current form Fraps performs many tasks and can best be described as:
- Benchmarking Software - Show how many Frames Per Second (FPS) you are getting in a corner of your screen. Perform custom benchmarks and measure the frame rate between any two points. Save the statistics out to disk and use them for your own reviews and applications.
- Screen Capture Software - Take a screenshot with the press of a key! There's no need to paste into a paint program every time you want a new shot. Your screen captures are automatically named and timestamped
- Realtime Video Capture Software - Have you ever wanted to record video while playing your favourite game? Come join the Machinima revolution! Throw away the VCR, forget about using a DV cam, game recording has never been this easy! Fraps can capture audio and video up to 2560x1600 on dual-core CPUs (1152x864 single-core) at up to 100 frames per second!
The latest Fraps 2.9 release adds support for Vista and DirectX 10 games. With games starting to appear using DirectX 10 graphics we are happy to report that benchmarking, video capture, and screenshots are now all fully supported for these titles.
Vista also includes a rewritten audio subsystem. Fraps can take advantage of this and directly record a sound stream from the machine without requiring any support from the soundcard driver. This allows you to capture ingame audio even if you are using a USB headset or other audio device which does not normally support a "Stereo Mix" or "What U Hear" recording input.
Since the Vista Desktop Window Manager (DWM) runs through DirectX we have also added a new option to monitor the desktop under Vista. You can now take screenshots and record video from the desktop just like any other game or 3D application.
- Fixed games such as Stalker not being detected in 2.9.5
- Fixed video capture corruption in FSX on multi monitor setups
- Fixed codec crashes in large projects
- Fixed Fraps not starting with Windows when running on battery power
- Fixed Fraps closing when switching to battery power
- Fixed OpenGL video capture not recording correct viewport in some applications
- Fixed sound sync when recording started while rendering paused
Download - click here.
Download & Try out Windows 8 - 09/14/2011 11:36 AM
MS bans XBL users who illegally downloaded content - 09/09/2011 09:28 AM
Microsoft's Xbox Live online service for its Xbox 360 console lets its users download content like full games, movies, TV shows and more. But it looks like some of its users have tried to get some of ...
AMD Catalyst Application Profile - 11.8 CAP2 download - 08/24/2011 09:06 AM
These are the Catalyst profiles for multi-GPU support. This release of ATI Catalyst delivers support for the latest ATI CrossFireX profiles in a separate executable file ensuring users have access to ...
AIDA64 v1.85 download - 08/20/2011 01:13 AM
What was known as EVEREST is now AIDA, a shareware hardware diagnostics and memory benchmarking solution for home PC users. FinalWire released updated AIDA64 Extreme Edition software, a streamlined d...
AMD Catalyst 11.8 WHQL Download - 08/18/2011 09:33 AM