Crucial M500 SSD Series Hit Retail
Crucial have today announced the immediate availability of the Crucial M500 solid state drive. Featuring terabyte-class capacity, increased response times and an advanced feature set, the Crucial M500 SSD is available now through select global channel partners and at crucia. The 2.5-inch drives are available in 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, and 960GB capacities with MSRPs of US $129.99, $219.99, $399.99, and $599.99, respectively.
- Offered in 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, and 960GB capacities
- Available in 2.5-inch, mSATA, and M.2
- Three-year limited warranty
- Enables hardware-based encryption with an advanced 256-bit AES encryption engine and custom firmware that meets TCG Opal 2.0 and IEEE-1667 standards
- Hold Up capacitors are used to ensure no data loss in the event of an unexpected power loss
- Adaptive thermal monitoring system (thermister and microcontroller) assists with temperature challenges in some ultrathin or embedded designs
Crucial shows off DDR4 memory - 01/11/2013 09:42 AM
Crucial showed DDR4 memory modules at CES 2013. The company plans to ship these modules by the end of the year. Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, today announced its firs...
Crucial M500 SSD announced - 01/10/2013 05:30 PM
The next-generation M500 solid state drive (SSD) is designed to meet the increasingly demanding needs of the mobile computing market. The M500 delivers strong performance, greatly reduces power consu...
Download Crucial M4 040H Firmware - 12/05/2012 10:52 AM
More SSD Firmware update news today as Crucial has released a new firmware update for their M4 line. You can now download the Crucial M4 040H Firmware for the Crucial M4 2.5 SSD. Firmware for the C...
Crucial Ballistix Low Profile Memory - 11/19/2012 03:35 PM
Crucial has announced the immediate availability of Crucial Ballistix Low Profile (LP) memory, which delivers a true low profile design to provide more clearance around high-end CPU coolers and improv...
What's wrong with the Crucial M4 010G Firmware and why hasn't it been fixed ? - 10/10/2012 10:30 AM
About a week or two ago Crucial released a new firmware update for the Crucial M4 SSDs, the firmware update is 010G. Last week I updated my M4 towards that firmware as I was still running the old firmware that could crash at 5000 used hours of the SSD ( a known and fixed problem).