Creative Sound Blaster EVO Series Headsets
Creative Technology Ltd today announced the Creative Sound Blaster EVO ZxR and Sound Blaster EVO Zx - the world's first wireless headsets that utilize a built-in multi-core Sound Blaster SB-Axx1 processor for enhancement and customization of audio quality for playback of music, movies and games and for voice communications. The audio-enhancing capabilities of the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR and Sound Blaster EVO Zx fill a dire need in an age where mobile device users tolerate the sound quality from compressed sources of audio played on smart devices - such as MP3 files, YouTube and other video sharing sources, streamed music or mobile games - as a primary source of entertainment on-the-go.
"The Sound Blaster EVO Series represents the next step in the evolution of the headset. Before this, headsets were designed to play any audio as it is, regardless of its quality. The Sound Blaster EVO Series, however, intelligently enhances audio in real-time. The headsets can even enhance the dialog clarity of movies with our proprietary SBX Dialog Plus technology. With their integrated SB-Axx1 processors and SBX Pro Studio technology, the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR and Sound Blaster EVO Zx deliver detailed, immersive audio that was previously only enjoyable with a Creative Sound Blaster PC sound card. These are the only headsets you will ever need, no matter what kind of digital entertainment you enjoy. For music, movies and games, the Sound Blaster EVO Series far surpasses the capabilities of other headsets on the market. The headsets are also marvelous for phone and video calls, as well as gaming communications," said Long Chye Low, general manager for Sound Blaster audio at Creative.
Beyond enhanced audio playback quality, the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR and Sound Blaster EVO Zx headsets are ideal for communication usage with today's smartphone and tablets. Users can experience crystal clear communications. Even in noisy environments, they can communicate clearly. These two headsets feature a dual microphone array cleverly concealed in their ear cups, which work in perfect harmony with the SB-Axx1 processor and CrystalVoice Focus technology to create an acoustic zone around the user's mouth to suppress surrounding noise, enabling clear voice pickup - perfect for making phone calls, Skype calls, and for gaming communications. These two top-of-the-range headsets also come with the inNoiseReduction feature, which suppresses unwanted background noise from an incoming call so that the caller can be heard clearly. Users can also transmute themselves into various fantastical characters by applying various fun voice effects (CrystalVoice FX) in their calls or gaming communications.
The Sound Blaster EVO Series comes with a full range of connectivity options:
1. High Quality Wireless
The wireless headsets utilize the aptX and AAC Bluetooth audio codecs for the highest-quality audio and lowest possible latency.
2. NFC - Tap to Connect and Play
They can also quickly and easily connect to Bluetooth devices using Near-Field Communication (NFC), requiring only a simple tap from an NFC-enabled smart device to the headset to establish a connection.
3. Wired - USB and Analog
Wired connectivity options are also available. Users are able to enjoy clear 24-bit digital audio by connecting their headsets to PCs and Macs via a USB connection. Each headset in the Sound Blaster EVO Series can also be connected to smart devices via a standard analog 3.5mm jack.
The user can also look forward to full customization of audio settings. The SBX Pro Studio and CrystalVoice software suites are completely customizable by Sound Blaster EVO ZxR and Sound Blaster EVO Zx users via the Sound Blaster Central application, available for iOS and Android devices. Users can also calibrate and customize settings on the PC/Mac with the included Sound Blaster EVO Control Panel software. Users can also conveniently activate SBX Pro Studio technologies and volume levels with buttons located on the ear cups of the Sound Blaster EVO Series headsets.
The Sound Blaster EVO ZxR and Sound Blaster EVO Zx boast a striking design that personifies high-performance, style and attitude. Red and black accents and brilliant ear cup illumination mixed with a rugged yet comfortable construction adorn these technologically advanced headsets. Both headsets are designed for easy stowage, with the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR sporting a fold-flat design and the Sound Blaster EVO Zx being fully collapsible.
Intelligent Technological Highlights of the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR and Zx
- On top of the standard explosive audio that Sound Blaster provides, users can enjoy enhanced audio while they are out and about - the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR and Sound Blaster EVO Zx feature an advanced, integrated SB-Axx1 processor that enhances all music, movies, games and calls in real-time.
- Users can further customize and control their audio through the Sound Blaster Central app, downloadable via the Apple App Store or Google Play, and Sound Blaster EVO Control Panel, a PC/Mac based software suite.
- Pairing and connecting a smart device to a wireless headphone via the manual Bluetooth pairing method involves multiple steps. However, users with NFC-enabled phones can simply tap their phones on these headsets to connect and play via NFC technology.
- Users can enjoy crystal clear calls while on-the-go. This is because each headset features a high quality dual microphone array that works amazingly well at picking up users' voices while suppressing background noise. This is further enhanced with audio processing, available through the built-in SB-Axx1 chip, including the CrystalVoice inNoiseReduction feature.
- Users can transmute themselves into a various fun and fantastical characters with CrystalVoice FX.
SBX Pro Studio Features:
- SBX Crystalizer - Restores the "highs" and "lows" that are compromised during audio compression to create and audio experience as the original artist intended
- SBX Smart Volume - Intelligently minimizes abrupt volume changes by automatically adjusting the loudness of audio playback
- SBX Dialog Plus - Intelligently enhances voices in music and movies for drastically clearer vocal range
- SBX Bass - Dramatically improves the sound experience by expanding the low frequency tones
- SBX Surround - Creates unprecedented levels of audio realism by producing virtual speakers around, above and below the listener
- CrystalVoice Acoustic Echo Cancellation - Eliminates echoes that interfere with voice communications
- CrystalVoice Noise Reduction - Eliminates unwanted background noise from conversations
- CrystalVoice inNoiseReduction - Eliminates the other parties' unwanted background noise so that they can be heard clearly
- CrystalVoice FX - Morphs voices into different characters and accents
- CrystalVoice Focus - Suppresses noise outside a specified acoustic zone to enable voice communications to be heard with amazing clarity
Sound Blaster EVO ZxR wireless headset - US$299.99
The ultimate headset for music, movies, games and communications, the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR features the built-in SB-Axx1 audio chip to provide hardware-accelerated SBX Pro Studio and CrystalVoice audio technologies, while delivering stunning audio fidelity through powerful 50 mm drivers. Active Noise Cancellation detects background noise and cancels it out, providing the listener with the clearest possible sound.
Sound Blaster EVO Zx wireless headset - US$229.99
Powered by the SB-Axx1 chip for outstanding audio playback and voice communications, the Sound Blaster EVO Zx features hardware-accelerated SBX Pro Studio and CrystalVoice audio technologies, while delivering stunning audio fidelity through 40 mm drivers.
Pricing and Availability
The Sound Blaster EVO ZxR wireless headset, priced at US$299.99, will be available in August 2013. The Sound Blaster EVO Zx wireless headset, priced at US$229.99, will be available in July 2013. In the United States, the Sound Blaster EVO Zx wireless headset will be launched exclusively at Best Buy.
The Value Editions: Sound Blaster EVO Wireless and Sound Blaster EVO
Launching together with the high-end Sound Blaster EVO ZxR and Sound Blaster EVO Zx are two more affordable headsets in the Sound Blaster EVO family - the Sound Blaster EVO Wireless and Sound Blaster EVO.
While these headsets do not come with an integrated audio processor, they still provide high performance audio with the same powerful 40 mm drivers as the Sound Blaster EVO Zx. Users can still enjoy advanced audio processing and audio customization with Sound Blaster EVO Control Panel while connected to the PC/Mac via USB, and high quality wireless audio when connected to smart devices via a Bluetooth connection (for the Sound Blaster EVO Wireless) or standard analog audio via the 3.5mm jack.
The Sound Blaster EVO Wireless headset will be priced at US$179.99, while the Sound Blaster EVO headset will be priced at US$129.99. Both will be available in July 2013.
Creative Airwave HD Bluetooth 3.0 Speaker - 06/10/2013 07:51 AM
Creative is gearing up to drop their latest Bluetooth 3.0 speaker, the Airwave HD. Powered by a built-in rechargeable battery, this portable wireless speaker provides a working range of up to 10 meter...
Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D now with SBX Pro Studio - 06/10/2013 07:44 AM
It seems Creative Labs is re-releasing the Sound Blaster Recon3D now with SBX Pro Studio. Interesting fact is, the card no longer carries the THX logo. previously theese cards came with the THX T...
Creative Senz3D Interactive Gesture Camera - 06/04/2013 11:56 AM
Creative announced the new Creative Senz3D interactive gesture camera, introducing an immersive multi-dimensional gaming, video conferencing and voice control experience for PC enthusiasts and early a...
Creative T3150 Wireless Bluetooth 2.1 Speaker System - 03/29/2013 08:10 AM
Creative released a new Bluetooth 2.1 speaker system, the Creative T3150 Wireless. This 3-piece speaker system provides a working range up to 10 meters, comes with a wired remote control (power switch...
Creative Labs Inspire T3300 and T6300 Desktop Speakers - 10/18/2012 08:58 AM
Creative announced the Creative Inspire T3300 and the Creative Inspire T6300 speaker systems that are built for great audio performance.