Canon 5D mark II has finally arrived
Posted by Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 09/17/2008 08:26 AM | 0 comment(s) ]
The long awaited and overdue 5D successor has finally made its appearance- and it has given Canon a lot more ammunition in its DSLR war against Nikon. Armed with newest Canon?fs in-house development Digic IV image processor, the EOS 5D Mark II sports a 21 megapixel full frame CMOS sensor and features full 1080p HD movie mode, 3.9 frames per second, 9 AF points + 6 AF assist area Auto Focus system, high resolution 3.0?? 920k dot LCD monitor with live view, new battery and battery grip, integrated cleaning system and can shoot up to ISO sensitive of 256,000.
The Canon EOS 5D mark II is slated to ship by the end of November 2008 at $2699.
- Digic IV image sensor - New 14-bit image processor with sRAW1 and sRAW2 mode. Three increments of High ISO Noise Reduction - Low, Normal, Strong and Off . Three increments of Auto Lighting Optimizer: Low, Normal, Strong and Off and Vignette Control
- New 21.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor with improved EOS Integrated Cleaning System (E.I.C.S.)
- 3.9 frames per second continuous shooting
- HD video mode full 1080 resolution at 30fps
- ISO 100-6400 (expansion from 50 up to 25,600)
- 9 AF points + 6 Assist AF points