Batman: Arkham City PC DX11 Patch
We have just released a patch for Batman: Arkham City PC that provides fixes a variety of DX 11 issues, as well as fixes for a few other non-DX 11 related issues. The DX 11 fixes will apply for the majority of players, however, some specific Steam users will experience issues when running under DX 11.
With this latest patch, Steam users with the following Windows Operation Systems should avoid running the game under DX 11 until further notice:
- Windows Vista 32 bit
- Windows 7 32 bit
Users running Windows 7 32 bit or Windows Vista 32 bit should ONLY use DX 9 settings until a future patch that addresses this specific issue is released. We are actively working to address the remaining issues tied to DX 11 for users running 32 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Major fixes that this patch addresses are listed below.
- Performance / hitching issues have been greatly improved for running in DX 11.
- An issue with players running out of Video Memory or encountering a Rendering Thread Exceptions has been addressed. This was primarily affecting 32-bit Operating Systems.
- A progression block after defeating Ra�s Al Ghul has been fixed. This was an issue that occurred primarily on lower end computer setups and is described as Batman not readying his Reverse Batarang.
- A crash that occurred when scrolling between the Character Bios and Arkham City Stories has been fixed.
- A crash that occurred when selecting �Press Start� immediately when available at the Title Screen has been fixed. The issue was described as crashing/hard locking around the DLC (Downloadable Content) check.
Thank you all for your patience.
Batman: Arkham City PC DirectX 11 Issues - 11/24/2011 12:12 PM
Rocksteady is currently telling players that Batman: Arkham City should be temporarily run using DX 9 rather than DX 11. Apparently DX 11 is causing performance issues: We have received reports of per...
EVGA launches GeForce GTX 580 Batman: Arkham City edition - 10/29/2011 10:08 AM
EVGA launched a
Batman: Arkham City - Nightwing DLC Trailer - 10/27/2011 10:10 AM
Featuring the intense melee skills of Nightwing, a.k.a Dick Grayson, the trailer showcases the character's punishing arsenal of fighting moves that can be used against Arkham City's hardened thugs. N...
Batman: Arkham City PhysX Trailer - 10/20/2011 09:36 AM
Nvidia shows off the PhysX particle effects in the PC edition of Batman: Arkham City. ...
ASUS bundles Batman: Arkham City with some DirectCU cards - 10/18/2011 09:47 AM
ASUS announced it's now bundling Batman: Arkham City with some of its DirectCU cards:The ASUS DirectCU series of graphics cards is now more extensive than ever, bringing gamers worldwide cooler and be...