ATI preps big Catalyst update check it out ...
At this moment ATI is sampling a new driver to press. unfortunately I did not have the time just yet to go in-depth into them, so with this post I wanted to make you aware of some of the new and upcoming features.
Anyway the upcoming two releases are going to be huge, have a peek at some of the new features and improvements:
Two ATI Catalyst driver updates will unlock the many new features, the first coming on February 17th in ATI Catalyst 10.2, and the second update, Catalyst 10.3 (publicly available in March), which I am previewing to you today.
Key new features in ATI Catalyst 10.2:
- ATI CrossFireX profiles - providing better CrossFireX performance, sooner!
- ATI CrossFireX re-architecture - providing better building blocks for the future!
- Ultra Low Power State - saves power when you are not gaming.
- ATI CrossfireX for Eyefinity - CrossFireX now improves your Eyefinity gaming performance!
- DisplayPort Audio - you can now pass audio directly through to you DisplayPort monitor equipped with speakers
Key new features in ATI Catalyst 10.3:
- ATI Catalyst Mobility - monthly updates for the mobile crowd
- ATI Eyefinity Technology Bezel Correction - compensate for your bezels so objects in your game move from one display to the other smoothly
- ATI Eyefinity Technology Per Display Control - adjust for differences in each individual displays brightness, color and contrast
- ATI Eyefinity Technology Multiple Display Groups - more display groups to give further control of your desktop with three displays or more connected
- ATI Eyefinity Technology Display Configuration Switching - easily switch from one display mode to another
- 3D Stereoscopic 3D driver hooks - enables 3rd party middleware vendors to bring more 3D stereoscopic gaming options