ARMA 3 Announced
Czech developer Bohemia Interactive has confirmed that a follow-up to its landmark military simulation game, ARMA 3, is in development. The announcement comes via the official website, which says the game will be based on a Mediterranean island and focus on NATO forces fighting Eastern armies. The game is currently slated for a 2012 release and will feature multiplayer, singlplayer, vehicles, customisable loadouts and an extensive editor for players to make their own content with.
Some of the key features of Arma 3 include:
- Single-Player Campaign - Evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.
- Vehicles & Weapons - Control a multitude of aircraft, vehicles and ships with accurate simulation; shoot anything from pistols to sophisticated weapon platforms.
- Physical Simulation & Improved Animations - Take advantage of PhysX supported vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.
- Rich & Authentic Environment - Explore an unsurpassed military combat experience set on an authentic Mediterranean island modelled from real geographic data.
- Multiplayer Gameplay - Experience both cooperative & competitive scenarios with the full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.
- Completely Extensible & Moddable - Design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.
- Customizable Soldier Load - Choose your uniform; assemble your weapon kit; change your load-out; get loaded up.