AMD Hawaii R9 290X GPU Specifications ?
A set of AMD Hawaii R9 290X GPU Specifications have been revealed by the German website 3DCenter.org. It is unclear how valid the specs really are. Key points: 4 raster engines, up to 2816 shader units, little bit more than 900 MHz base clock, temperature-controlled boost clock, 28nm process, around 430 mm² die-size, infos about process and die-size from an AMD interview with Forbes.
The 3DCenter website itself is in German, so this is a very rough Google translation, make of the information what you want:
From the corresponding speculative thread of our forum come first reasonably reliable data for Hawaii graphics chip from AMD's Volcanic Islands-generation , which AMD 25 September in the Radeon R200 series will introduce. However, the data stated are not speculations or assumptions, but come from a seemingly informed user - however, there is the residual risk that this is deliberate disinformation by AMD or the information in the transmission may have been partially corrupted. Thus, the following specifications are hardly ever can be laid on the gold scale - on the other hand correspond to these specifications Hawaii chip quite the preliminary expectations , that are realistic in every case:
- 28nm production at TSMC
- ~ 430mm ² chip area (18% on R1000/Tahiti)
- 2.0 GCN Architecture (R1000/Tahiti: 1.0 GCN)
- DirectX 11.2 (as R1000/Tahiti)
- 4 raster engines (+100% over R1000/Tahiti)
- max 2816 shader units aka 44 shader clusters - in any case more than the 2304 shader units, the GeForce GTX 780 (+37.5% compared to R1000/Tahiti)
- Chip clock (Hawaii XT): slightly more than 900 MHz (similar to the Radeon HD 7970, but lower than the Radeon HD 7970 "edition GHz")
- Temperature-controlled boost clock - the card is not able to play to their full performance due to limits on temperature and power consumption regularly
- probably only a 384-bit DDR memory interface (such R1000/Tahiti)
- Presentation: 25 September 2013
- For sale: probably mid / late October 2013
- Sell ??name: Radeon probably R9-290 (Hawaii Pro) & Radeon R9-290X (Hawaii XT)
|Radeon HD 7990||AMD 2x R1000/Tahiti, 4 Raster-Engines, 4096 Shader-Einheiten, 256 TMUs, 64 ROPs, 2x 384 Bit DDR Speicherinterface||950/1000/3000 MHz||600%|
|nVidia GeForce 690||nVidia 2x GK104, 8 Raster-Engines, 3072 Shader-Einheiten, 256 TMUs, 64 ROPs, 2x 256 Bit DDR Speicherinterface||915/1019/3000 MHz||580%|
|GeForce GTX Titan Ultra||nVidia GK110, 5 Raster-Engines, 2880 Shader-Einheiten, 240 TMUs, 48 ROPs, 384 Bit DDR Speicherinterface||~950/3400 MHz||530-550%|
|AMD Hawaii, 4 Raster-Engines, 2816 Shader-Einheiten, 176 TMUs, 32-48 ROPs, 384 Bit DDR Speicherinterface||~950/975/3500 MHz||485-510%|
|AMD Hawaii, 4 Raster-Engines, 2560 Shader-Einheiten, 160 TMUs, 32-48 ROPs, 384 Bit DDR Speicherinterface||~950/975/3500 MHz||465-490%|
|GeForce GTX Titan||nVidia GK110, 5 Raster-Engines, 2688 Shader-Einheiten, 224 TMUs, 48 ROPs, 384 Bit DDR Speicherinterface||837/876/3000 MHz||480%|
|nVidia GeForce 780||nVidia GK110, 4 oder 5 Raster-Engines, 2304 Shader-Einheiten, 192 TMUs, 48 ROPs, 384 Bit DDR Speicherinterface||863/902/3000 MHz||440%|
|Radeon HD 7970 "GHz Edition"||AMD R1000/Tahiti, 2 Raster-Engines, 2048 Shader-Einheiten, 128 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 384 Bit DDR Speicherinterface||1000/1050/3000 MHz||390%
AMD Hawaii is 30% smaller than Kepler GK110 - 09/17/2013 07:39 AM
Forbed interviewed and he Talks New Radeon Cards, Next-Gen Consoles, 7990 Criticism. According to matt Skynner their new GPU is smaller than TITAN. Considerably smaller. It should be around 423mm2. T...
AMD Hawaii GPU might launch on September 25 - 08/08/2013 07:10 AM
AMD is planning to introduce its Hawaii GPU at the end of September according to a report on DSB. A press event is set to take place on September 23rd in Hawaii and the public launch is expected on Se...