AMD Catalyst 12.6 WHQL driver download
Posted by Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 06/29/2012 10:15 AM | 0 comment(s) ]
AMD issued a new WHQL-signed Catalyst driver. Catalyst 12.6 WHQL, along with Catalyst 12.7 beta, were released on Thursday. Catalyst 12.6 WHQL ships with a wide range of stability optimizations, while 12.7 beta ships with the same, plus performance optimizations for a wide range of games.
With Catalyst 12.6 WHQL, AMD fixed several outstanding bugs such as GPUs with ZeroCore hanging when the system goes to S2/S3 sleep, certain CrossFire setups hanging after cutscenes in Call of Duty: Black Ops, display corruption in Heroes and Generals in DirectX 11 mode, CrossFire + Eyefinity with Radeon HD 7000 series GPUs resulting in BSOD errors, etc. Catalyst 12.7 beta includes all these, plus performance improvements for games, except that it lacks WHQL certification. Optimizations include up to 25% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, 15% in Total War: Shogun, 10% in DiRT 3, 6% in Batman: Arkham City, and 3% in Battlefield 3.
A list of changes follows - Resolved Issues:
- AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800 Tri-CrossFire configurations + Eyefinity no longer results in a BSOD when launching a DirectX application
- AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800 Eyefinity/Multiple Display configurations no longer results in a BSOD when using desktop applications
- AMD Catalyst 12.6 includes some additional fixes(not found in the AMD Catalyst 12.6 Beta) for the AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800, and AMD Radeon HD 7700 graphics cards for issues related to the GPU hanging when the system goes to sleep. Please ensure that your System BIOS is up to date. Some occurrences of this issue may be related to outdated System BIOS.
- Resolves CrossFire scaling issues seen in AMD Catalyst 12.4 with Elder Scrolls: Skyrim CrossFire
- AMD Catalyst Control Center
AMD Catalyst Application Profile - 12.7 CAP1 - 06/28/2012 09:09 PM
Grab the new AMD Catalyst Application Profile - 12.7 CAP1 release. These are the Catalyst profiles for multi-GPU support. This release of ATI Catalyst delivers support for the latest ATI CrossFireX p...
AMD Catalyst 12.7 Official BETA Download - 06/27/2012 10:36 AM
Download AMD Catalyst 12.7 Official BETA for Windows XP and 7 32 and 64-bit released 25th of June 2012. Build Info:DriverVer=06/25/2012, 8.981.2.10008.981.2.1-120625a-141547E-ATICCC: 2012.0626.231.245...
AMD Catalyst 12.x (9.00 June 12) Unofficial BETA - 06/14/2012 11:00 AM
This is a MAIN branch, so it is the latest available right now. Support for Win 7 and 8, Vista support seems to be dropped. Supported cards: HD5000 and onwards.Swichable graphics support.Lots of Mobil...
AMD Catalyst receives Windows 8 certification - 06/04/2012 09:24 AM
AMD announced its Catalyst driver is now Windows 8 certified, you can read all the details over here. Today, we are proud to announce that AMD has received Windows Hardware Certification (WHC) for an ...
AMD Catalyst driver for Windows 8 Release Preview - 06/01/2012 08:28 AM
Feature highlights of the AMD Catalyst