3DMark 11 is now fully compatible with Windows 8
In case you missed it, yesterday we updated our 3DMark 11 download as Futuremark has published 3DMark v1.0.4, you can download it here of course on Guru3D. This new version fixes some bugs and should now be fully compatible with Windows 8.
Release notes 3DMark 11 version 1.0.4
3DMark 11 has been updated to version 1.0.4 and is now fully compatible with Windows 8. This update addresses compatibility issues and a few uncommon bugs. Benchmark scores are not affected and scores from this new version can be compared with scores from the previous version 3DMark 11 v1.0.3. To get the update, download and run the 3DMark v1.0.4 installer. The major changes include:
- Keyboard focus is no longer checked during the demo or when running the benchmark in a loop. Note that if the display switches to the desktop due to a popup window during the benchmark, the run will still be aborted as the display mode is no longer the same.
- 3DMark 11 now remembers the last custom resolution used.
- GPU count detection for multi-GPU systems is now correct even when SystemInfo is explicitly disabled.
- 3DMark 11 will now prevent Windows from entering Sleep during the test.
- The license key is now reset when the benchmark is reinstalled, allowing removal of invalid keys.
- SystemInfo updated to version 4.15 for full Windows 8 compatibility.
- Updated DirectX redistributable.
- Now using static Visual C++ 2010 runtime libraries to fix rare installation issues on some systems.
- Removed dependency on EvaDotNet.dll and EvaDotNet.DirectX.dll for GPU enumeration to fix compatibility issues with some systems.
- Fixed display initialization code that caused "SetFullscreenState failed: DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE" errors on some systems.
- Fixed several memory and texture leaks, improving stability during very long looping runs.
- The HUD timer no longer rolls over if a single test takes more than ten minutes. (Yes, this could happen during the Combined Test on some low end DirectX 11 cards.)
- Fixed submitting saved files to 3dmark.com from the command line.
- Image Quality tool will no longer give a cryptic error if the output directory does not exist.
GeForce GTX 690 passes P20000 in 3DMark 11 - 05/29/2012 10:30 AM
The GeForce GTX 690 might be expensive, but it certainly is sexy. In Taiwan there is this pro-overclocker called TIN and he applied some tender love adn care (TLC) to the card, with the result of sett...
3DMark 11 version 1.0.3 - 12/15/2011 09:40 AM
Futuremark have just released an update for 3DMark 11, the gaming benchmark for DirectX 11 PCs. The results produced by the new version of 3DMark 11 are compatible and comparable with results produced...
3DMark 11 1.0.2 Download and Patch released - 06/07/2011 12:21 PM
Futuremark released version 1.0.2 of 3DMark 11. The update affects mostly compatibility issues, so scores will befully comparable with older versions. 3DMark 11 version 1.0.2 release notes All Editio...
3DMark 11 gets an update to v1.01 - 12/21/2010 09:22 AM
Mereley two weeks after the initial release FutureMark released an update to 3DMark 11 to fix problems and add a couple of requested features. Note, until NVIDIA release new drivers SLI will continue ...
3DMark 11 Launches - Download - 12/07/2010 01:54 PM
It's out, it's here ... 3DMark 11 is the latest version of what probably is the most popular graphics card benchmark. These will be the requirements: 3DMark 11 requires DirectX 11, a DirectX 11 comp...