AMD Athlon II triple and quad-core CPUs delayed
The colleagues from Xbit Labs report that AMD decided to delay its triple-core (Rana) and quad-core (Propus) 45nm Athlon II processors to August or September.
The dual-core Athlon II X2 processors are still slated for June, and in the same month we can also expect the dual-core Phenom II X2 (Callisto).
Earlier AMD planned to release its code-named Propus and Rana microprocessors in April, whereas the dual-core Regor was scheduled for June launch. However, the latest plans of Advanced Micro Devices seen by X-bit labs indicate that the world
The Best Selling PC Games Week March 21 09
Yep yep .. we follow it closely. NPD released a new chart detailing the best selling PC games in the USA for the week ending March 21.
NPD's Top Ten (3/15 - 3/21)
- Empire: Total War / Creative Assembly / $41
- World Of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King / Blizzard / $39
- The Sims 2 Double Deluxe / EA Maxis / $20
- Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II / Relic / $42
- World Of Warcraft Battle Chest / Blizzard / $40
- World Of Warcraft / Blizzard / $20
- The Sims 2 Apartment Life Exp. Pack / EA Maxis / $20
- Spore / EA Maxis / $50
- Civilization IV / Firaxis / $20
- Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst / Big Fish Games / $20
Direct2Drive's Top Ten (3/15 - 3/21)
- Defense Grid: The Awakening / Hidden Path
- Command & Conquer 3: Red Alert - Uprising / EA LA
- Tom Clancy's HAWX / Ubisoft Romania
- Men of War / Best Way
- Empire: Total War / Creative Assembly
- Rome: Total War Gold Edition / Creative Assembly
- Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II / Relic
- The Path / Tale of Tales
- World in Conflict: Soviet Assault Expansion / Massive
- Final Fantasy XI Vana'diel Collection 2008 / Square Enix
ECS A790GXM Socket AM3 BE motherboard review
We will review the A790GXM-AD3 motherboard from the folks at ECS Elitegroup. This article will entail two primary focuses. The first being a review on this motherboard, the second... to observe if we actually see a performance increase from DDR2 over DDR3 memory.
Now despite the fact that the AM2+ based (A790GXM-A) predecessor looks very much like the AM3 version, the new ECS 790GXM-AD3 definitely has a different PCB design. Much cleaner and a few more features... let's have a look.
Read this Guru3.com review right here.
Download: GeForce Forceware 185.65 for Windows XP and Vista
New in Release 185.65:
- Adds support for the new GeForce GTX 275 GPU.
- Adds support for Ambient Occlusion
HIS Radeon 4890 TURBO 1GB OC
This is of course the product we reviewed today (see here), but HIS just issued a press-release announcing their two Radeon HD 4890 product releases.
The first SKU is the reference based product clocked at 850 MHz on the core, the second being the OC model.
Point of View releases GTX275
Of course Point of View is also releasing their version of the GTX 275. For now a reference based product tagged at a 239 EUR sales price.
Press release: In case of the GeForce GTX 275, unleash the power of the 240 shader cores to maximize performance in Shader model 4.0 and/or PhysX accelerated games, OpenGL applications, high definition video decoding and other hardware accelerated software such as the Badaboom (video conversion software: trial included on the driver CD) and Photoshop CS4.
The Shader cores operate on 1404 MHz whilst the main 55nm GPU has a speed of 633 MHz. A solid 448-bit memory bus is being fuelled by 896 MB of DDR3 memory running on 2268 MHz. The double SLI connectors allow two or three cards to join forces in an SLI configuration. Add your performance at will!
Get an exciting, true-to-life gaming experience through the native Shader Model 4.0 and DirectX 10 support. Optimize your in-game performance and realism with NVIDIA
Download: NVIDIA Forceware 182.50 XP and Vista WHQL
This is a WHQL-Certified driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, and 200-series desktop GPUs.
New in Release 182.50:
- Optimized single GPU and SLI support for upcoming PC games.
- Numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release documentation notes.
New in Release 182 Drivers :
- Boosts performance in several 3D applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with Release 182 WHQL drivers vs. Release 181.22 WHQL drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
- Up to 8% performance increase in Fallout 3 at high resolution and AA.
- Up to 10% performance increase in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.
- Up to 9% performance increase in Half-Life 2 at high resolution with AA.
- Up to 11% performance increase in Left 4 Dead at high resolution with AA.
- Up to 10% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID at high resolution and AA.
- Includes full support for OpenGL 3.0 on GeForce 8-series, 9-series, and 200-series GPUs.
- Automatically installs the new PhysX System Software version 9.09.0203.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10 and OpenGL including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards
- Supports NVIDIA SLI Multi-monitor support, giving you the ability to use two monitors with your GeForce graphics cards in SLI mode. Learn more here.
- Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more here. Note: GPU PhysX is supported on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory.
- Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #2. Download these free PhysX and CUDA applications now!
- Supports CUDA.
- Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
We have a discussion thread open on these drivers right here.
TwinTech launches a 1792MB GeForce GTX 275
TwinTech today also relases their geForce GTX 275. And they will have both a Twintech GTX275 1792MB & 896MB AC Extreme Triple Fan-XT OC Edition.
Press-release: The GeForce GTX 275 GPU with CUDA
Palit calls first dibs on GTX 275
Palit Microsystems introduces it's first non-reference design GeForce GTX275, which combines an innovative DUAL FAN cooling system and 4-phase PWM GPU power circuit.
Palit again used their innovative dual fan cooling system for the GTX 275, with two PWM fans and three heat-pipes to provide high performance and trustworthy cooling solution. The two PWM fans are able to provide sufficient air flow to cool GPU on the graphics quietly.
The GeForce GTX275 features 240 stream processors with a 633MHz core clock, 1404 shader clock and high capacity 896MB of 448bit, 2268 MHz GDDR3 memory. Which are reference clock speeds.
The GTX275 is already distributed to all local channels this week and gaming enthusiast are able to get their first GTX275 from Palit in the PC shops now.
Samsung HT-AS730 5.1 home theater system announced
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 review
NVIDIA today unleashes their high-end GeForce GTX 275 graphics card. Tagged with sheer dedication to compete against the all new Radeon HD 4890 and a really radian price tag of 239 EUR, does the GTX 275 have what it takes ? This article will go over the reference model GeForce GTX 275, armed with 896MB of memory.
We'll take it head to head against ATI's latest offering, the Radeon HD 4890, and will see what the GTX 275 brings to the table in terms of value for that hard earned commodity of ours, money.
Read all about the GeForce GTX 275 right here.
ATI Radeon HD 4890 review
ATI today unleashes not one, but two new SKU's based on the Radeon HD 4890. The Radeon HD 4890 is their new most high-end single GPU based graphics card. It is not a 40nm product as many of you had heard and hoped. It is however an incremental update of the Radeon HD 4870. Features wise 100% the same product, yet made more power efficient in idle, performs faster and is being repositioned as an enthusiast product .. a very tweakable and overclockable piece of machinery actually.
In this review we'll cover the Radeon HD 4890 armed with a weaponry of 1024MB memory, we'll take it through all our test paces and software, offer you a nice photo-shoot, and then some more.
But my man .. click on this link to read up all about it in this 18 page review.
Radeon HD 4770 specs finalize
I'm sure you have read our RV740 / Radeon HD 4750 review earlier in February. The final specifications are now here and released as such by the website it168, and that the final configuration is not much off what we showed you in our preview, besides a faster core clock frequency that is.
There still might be a Radon HD 4750 based on the 650 Core clock we tested, but the 750 MHz version will be called Radeon HD 4770 and is still priced at 99 USD.
Other then the clock frequency bump there is no real difference in the specs compared to out review. This should be a very interesting release price performance wise.
SmoothCreations Neptune Xtreme Machine review
The last machine we looked at from SmoothCreations was the munchies-inducing VW Bus case. That machine was impressive in its own right, if not for the sheer performance then for fact that it actually looked like a Volkswagen Bus. But, it also had a few shortcomings. So, they sent us another one, something quite a bit different.
OK, I'm game. While it might not be the ultimate to the hardcore, SmoothCreations built an awesome machine, worthy of praise and attention.
Check out this Guru3D review right here.
GeForce GTX 275 versus Radeon HD 4890
Today we take the latest from ATI and NVIDIA. Combine them, smack them around a little. Make them sweat in our test-rigs and see where performance is at. Will both product be fast enough to surpass current high-end class graphics cards or not ?
Have a peek of a review on the GeForce GTX 275 and Radeon HD 4890, and then click on the link to read our article.
Click right here to read this Guru3D.com content.
Aprils Fools Day !
Dude .. really ... It's April's Fools day today !
But check back tomorrow (the 2nd) and we'll show you the real deal .. on both cards.
Samsung 8000, 7000 & 6000 Series LCD HDTV pricing announced
Samsung have announced pricing and availability details for their new LCD HDTV ranges. Currently covering the LED edge-lit 6000, 7000 and 8000 series models, the screens range from 31.5-inches to 54.6-inches, with prices kicking off at $1,599.99 for the smallest Series 6000 model and rising to $3,999.99 for the top-end Series 8000.
The nine HDTVs will see a staggered release, with the first sets appearing now and then spread across April through June. The Series 6000 sets have InfoLink RSS, with ethernet connectivity, while the 7000 and 8000 models are DLNA certified with compatibility with Samsung
Chieftec launches Dragon CH-07 case
Right, that ... so not my style really. Chieftec has added the CH-07 case to its Dragon Series, this is a new chassis aimed at gamers. Full specs and more photos can be found over here.