Auzentech X-Fi HomeTheater HD Soundcard delayed to Jan 09
Auzentech recently announced its Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD sound card has been delayed to the last week of January 2009. This will be the first native PCI Express audio card with full HDMI 1.3a support, providing non-downsampled audio even during playback of 24p video. The original release schedule of this card was September/October 2008.
"I regret delaying the product release," said Stephane Bae, president of Auzentech, Inc. "The decision came suddenly due to strategic marketing changes by our partners. These partners have been instrumental in making the Auzen X-Fi
Download: Speedfan 4.37
SpeedFan is a freeware program that monitors fan speeds, temperatures and voltages in computers with hardware monitoring chips.
Changes in version 4.37:
- Fixed a bug where, after resuming from suspend, fan speeds were not really changed
- Added full support for AMD CD5536 SMBus
- Added identification of Fintek F75111R
- Fixed an Exotics tab Access Violation
- Fixed a bug that caused all of the EVENTS to be lost after entering CONFIGURE
Download - click here.
SilverStone Big-Tower Raven RV01
Silverstone releases a new chassis Raven RV01, which is coming soon to europe.
The Raven RV01 big tower attracts with a revolutionary design, and by its progressive cooling layout, which is based on the stack effect. The stack effect is a natural phenomenon of air movement inside the Raven RV01
Freezer Xtreme Arctic Cooler CPU cooler review [Guru3D]
Today a quick peek at a new CPU cooler from Arctic Cooling. The unit submitted is the Artic Cooling Freezer Xtreme, which can cool the latest AMD and Intel processors. Something changed on the design though, as they did something pretty radical. They shaped this four heatpipe based product in an "U" form and then placed the ventilator right smack down in the middle. It's but interesting none-the-less.
The new Freezer Xtreme will feature an unique twin tower design and it will be able to achieve a good 160W of cooling capacity. We'll take a Core 2 Quad 9770 Extreme processor, overclock it .. and observe how well the cooler behaves.
Check out the full review here.
S3 Graphics Chrome 530 GT graphics card launched
S3 Graphics has released its first Chrome 500 series graphics card, the Chrome 530 GT. This budget graphics card promises high power efficiency and has DirectX 10.1, although the card is probably not powerful enough to play the latest games at decent quality settings. The S3 Chrome 530 GT is available for $44.95 and is mainly aimed at HTPC systems.
Sharkoon X-Tatic 5.1 Dolby Surround Headset
Sharkoon today introduced the third edition of its X-Tatic Dolby certified 5.1 headset. This new model has a new design, an improved microphone mount and enhanced functionality.
With eight speakers including two dedicated drivers for bass and a high-end amplifier, the headset envelops users with high quality, authentic surround-sound. Adjustable, padded earpieces and headband ensure the headset is comfortable to wear. The flexible, removable microphone can be adjusted to the most comfortable position. Volume controls are built directly into the 360cm long cable, allowing users to individually adjust the volume for each channel.
The X-Tatic Digital model includes the Sound Control Unit (SCU) with integrated Dolby Digital decoder. In addition to outputting Dolby Digital 2.0, Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Pro Logic signals, the SCU supports the chat functions of the PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as Time Delay (TD) for the rear and centre channels and Dynamic Range Control (DRC).
Whether with a PC, Mac, HiFi system, DVD player, Xbox or Playstation, the SCU allows users to use the headset with practically any analog or digital audio source. The headset's cable ends in a 9-pin connecter that attaches to analog devices through an adaptor and to digital devices through the SCU. The microphone connects to a PC or Playstation via USB, and to the Xbox via the 2.5mm expansion port on the Xbox's controller. Two AC adaptors are included for the headset and the Sound Control Unit.
In addition Sharkoon includes a cable adaptor (9-pin to 4 x 3.5mm jack plug), USB cable for PC and PS3 microphone functions, a microphone cable for the Xbox 360 (2.5mm jack plug), an S/PDIF optical cable and a handbook.
Sharkoon also offers the X-Tatic Analog version without the Sound Control Unit (SCU). The X-Tatic Analog comes with a 9-pin analog cable, analog adaptor and AC adaptor. The X-Tatic Analog connects to PCs, Macs and other analog audio sources. The Sound Control Unit is likewise available for purchase separately as an upgrade for the Sharkoon X-Tatic Analog. Other 5.1 headsets can connect to the SCU via its analog outputs.
End customers will find the Sharkoon X-Tatic available at the beginning of December from authorized retailers. Suggested retail prices are as follows:
Sharkoon X-Tatic Digital: 109,99 euros
Sharkoon X-Tatic Analog: 64,90 euros
Sharkoon X-Tatic SCU: 67,90 euros
Intel Core i7 Singapore Launch Party - i7 965 Live 5+ Ghz benchmarks
Fellow Teamau.net and i4memory forum member, Tim Marshall (T_M) was invited to Intel
Download: Realtek HD Audio 2.09 driver
Realtek released the latest version 2.09 of their High Definition Audio Codecs.
Due to the UBER slow servers from Realtek we made a package containg both the XP and Vista drivers at a fast and easy download size of 24 MB.
Realtek HD Audio Driver supports all of Realtek HD Audio Codec in Vista/WinXP/Win2000/Win2003 .
- Vista WHQL Supporting: ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC889, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC260, ALC262,ALC267, ALC268, ALC269, ALC272, ALC273, ALC887
- Windows 2000/XP WHQL Supporting: ALC880, ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC889, ALC861VC, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC260, ALC262, ALC267,ALC268, ALC269, ALC272, ALC273, ALC887
- HDMI Device WHQL Support: ATI HDMI Devices
- OS Supporting: Microsoft WindowsXP, Widnows2000, Vista x86/x64
- Pack with Microsoft High Definition Audio UAAV1.0a(5013)
- Meet Microsoft OEM Ready program requirements.
- Package: Meet Microsoft OEM Ready program requirements.
Thanks go out to pato for spotting these.
Download - Click here.
Vikki Blows: Devil may Cry 4 Vixen Wallpaper
If you like video games, and hot chicks, then I think you're really going to love these Vikki Blows topless pictures from Front magazine that recreate scenes from the video game Devil May Cry. Warning - this content show some nudity.
Download: click here.
Asus ROG CG6190 High Performing Intel X58 Gaming PC
Synced with the launch of Intel
Samsung mass-produces fast 256GB SSD
It should also clear data faster at about 100GB per minute for a pure drive wipe and consumes about half the power of a spinning drive at just 1.1W during average use. As with other solid-state drives, the chip-based nature of its storage also renders the drive nearly shockproof.
Samsung's drive slots into the SATA drive bays of most notebooks and shares the same 9.5mm (0.37in) height as most stock hard disks. No prices or availability have been given, though Samsung typically makes its Flash SSD lineup available as add-ons and also supplies the drives to PC makers.
Intel Core i7 demand not expected to pick up until Q3 2009
The 45nm Pentium Dual Core E5000 series is expected to be the most popular family, with shipments accounting for 30 percent of the company's total CPU shipments in Q3 2009.
With the cost of entry to upgrade to the cheapest Core i7 CPU and X58 motherboard running at more than US$500, demand will see difficulty in picking up until mainstream segment CPUs show up in the third quarter of 2009. DDR3 memory module pricing will also play a key role in boosting demand. But motherboard makers are still holding large P45 chipset inventories which will require 3-6 months to digest.
In the third quarter of 2009, Intel expects its 45nm quad-core Core i7 CPUs will only account for 2% in the company's total CPU shipments, while proportions for other CPUs are estimated at 45nm Core 2 Quad 16%, 45nm Core 2 Duo E8000 20%, 45nm Core 2 Duo E7000 18%, 45nm Pentium dual-core E5000 30%, 65nm Pentium dual-core E2000 5%, 65nm Celeron dual-core E1000 2%, 65nm Celeron 400 3%, 45nm Atom 200/300 series 4%, the sources revealed.
Download - Rivatuner 2.20 released
Rivatuner has been updated towards version 2.20 In this release we have included a huge number of new stuff to keep you busy, obviously support has been added as well as ForceWare GeForce drivers up-to 180.48 WHQL and AMD ATI Catalyst 8.11 support.
The biggest change and challenge for this release was to support Multi-GPU (SLI/CrossfireX) configurations.
RivaTuner is a complete powerful tweaking environment, providing you everything you may need to tune NVIDIA GPU based display adapters. The widest driver-level Direct3D / OpenGL and system tuning options, flexible profiling system allowing to make custom settings on per-application basis, both driver-level and low-level hardware access modes, unique diagnostic and real-time hardware monitoring features and exclusive power user oriented tools like built-in registry editor and patch script engine make RivaTuner's feature set absolutely unmatched. RivaTuner supports all NVIDIA display adapters starting from Riva TNT family up to the latest GeForce series and widest range of NVIDIA drivers starting from the oldest Detonator 2.08 up to the newest ForceWare drivers family. In addition to complete NVIDIA hardware support, RivaTuner also provides support for display adapters based upon newer ATI graphics processors. All RivaTuner's features besides driver-level tuning options are also available on supported ATI hardware.
Guru3D.com is Rivatuner's official homepage, click here to find version / build / changes and FAQ information.
For novice users, we have a guide to help you through Rivatuner and setup fan speeds and overclocks on your graphics card. This guide will hopefully help you understand how to use the features that Rivatuner provides.
Mirror's Edge PC will get NVIDIA PhysX effects - Movie
So if you own a CUDA ready GeForce graphics card, you might just be in for a nice treat if yu decide to grab Mirror's Edge for the PC next year. Nvidia has revealed that the PC flavor of DICE's free-running action game will support PhysX hardware acceleration.
All you'll need is a GeForce 8 or better graphics card, and you'll be the envy of your console-using friends (you know, the ones who've already been playing the game for a week and counting). Here's how Nvidia describes the PhysX enhancements: "With the NVIDIA PhysX physics engine, the world of Mirror's Edge comes to life with real affects [sic] of wind, weapons impact, and in-game movements. Every-day objects within the game become part of the overall experience. Cloth, flags, and banners can now impact weapons and players; ground fog interacts with the player's footsteps; explosions fill the air with smoke and debris; and weapon impacts are enhanced with interactive particles." Here's a video of the PhysX goodies in action.
BWT I'm uploading a 720P version of the movie to our fileserver for thos who's like to see it in HD quality. Should be up shortly.
Update: we have a high-definition 720P download available here.
Download: NVIDIA Forceware GeForce 180.48 WHQL
NVIDIA releases a new ForceWare driver today. This is a WHQL-certified driver for GeForce 200-series, 9-series, and 8800-series desktop GPUs.
Exciting New Features:
- Enables NVIDIA SLI technology on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards with the following GPUs: GeForce GTX 280, GeForce GTX 260, GeForce 9800 GX2, GeForce 9800 GTX+, and GeForce 9800 GTX. Learn more here.
- Enables NVIDIA SLI Multi-monitor support, giving you the ability to use two monitors with your GeForce graphics cards in SLI mode. Now you can easily switch between multi-monitor desktop mode and full screen 3D gaming mode. Learn more here.
- Enables NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more here. (Note: GPU PhysX is supported on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory. This driver package automatically installs PhysX System Software version 8.10.13).
Blazing Fast Performance:
- Boosts performance in numerous 3D applications. The following are some examples of improvements measured with Release 180 WHQL drivers vs. Release 178 WHQL drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
- Up to 10% performance increase in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
- Up to 13% performance increase in Assassin's Creed
- Up to 13% performance increase in BioShock
- Up to 15% performance increase in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
- Up to 10% performance increase in Crysis Warhead
- Up to 25% performance increase in Devil May Cry 4
- Up to 38% performance increase in Far Cry 2
- Up to 18% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID
- Up to 80% performance increase in Lost Planet: Colonies
- Up to 18% performance increase in World of Conflict
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way and Quad SLI technology.
- Supports CUDA.
- Supports Folding@home distributing computing application. Download the high performance client for NVIDIA GPUs here and join the NVIDIA team: #131015.
- Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
- Includes numerous 3D application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
- Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
We have a discussion thread open on these drivers right here. Share your thoughts.
Limited Edition Black Chassis from Cooler Master
Coolermaster is soon to release something dark, something secret. They'll only make 500 of these unnamed products. But judging from the teaser image .. that's a dark edition Cosmos S chassis. Looks brilliant now already though :)
From CoolerMaster: Here are some exclusive details on a luxurious limited edition bundle from Cooler Master, which has limited availability of 500 sets worldwide, with no further plans on future production.
The availability is evenly distributed in our channels across the globe, so we expect these to fly off the shelves. This is the first time that Cooler Master is offering such an incredible bundle that includes the best of what the company has in our product mix. The reason why we had this idea and why this was created is there is a group of users that demand nothing but the best and wanting something very exclusive. This is exactly what this extravagant bundle offers.
All bundles include a special version of the popular Cosmos, each individually numbered from 1 to 500 along with subtle upgrades in the appearance and cooling features that makes this Cosmos to die for (details below). It
Top 10 games Radeon 4870 1 GB & GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 test
Probably the article with the longest title name evah !
In this test we'll take six of the newest ranked Top 10 games your money can get you. With December luring around the corner two very popular products under that Christmas tree will be the Radeon 4870 1GB & GeForce GTX 260 core 216.
Guru3D will take a look and see which graphics adapter anno November 2008 will get you the most bang for your buck with the following games:
- Far Cry 2
- Dead Space
- Fallout 3
- Call of Duty 5: World at War
- Crysis WARHEAD
- Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway
You can find the article right here.
Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs 2.09
You can find the download for Windows and Linux under: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false