Infinity Ward Responds To MW 2 PC Petition
fourzerotwo: Definitely made a big wave, and the response will not be ignored. I'll ensure everyone at IW sees the petitions and responses to it.Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 hits PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on November 10. Expect to hear more on the game and its integrated Steam functionality before then.
Nexus launches LOW-7000 R2 CPU cooler
Dutch absed Nexus introduced a new version of the LOW-7000 R2, this is a low-profile CPU cooler with four direct-touch heatpipes and a 120mm fan. The cooler is just 70mm high and weighs 475g, it is compatible with all the latest CPUs from Intel and AMD. The Nexus LOW-7000 cooler combines some of the most advanced technologies in the market used for CPU coolers. Heat pipes, HOC- Technology, SkiveTek and ultra-thin fins combined with a real silent 12cm PWM controlled fan delivers ultimate performance which has never been this quiet before.
LOW coolers are crafted out of the purest aluminum and copper materials. The heat sink covering the heat pipes and the copper base is made using SkiveTek technology. We have managed to apply the best technologies at the best position on the cooler.
The 120mm fan is PWM controlled and the speed can vary between 500 and 2000 RPM creating a noise-output of an inaudible 15 dB(A) up till a still truly quiet 24 dB(A)
The LOW-7000 is an ideal cooler for your HTPC the ultra low, only 7cm high, cpu cooler with a silent 120mm fan. Now also compatible with AMD AM3/2 and Intel Core i5.
Intel Core i7 960 sneaks in and surfaces
Earlier this year there have been rumors about an upcoming Intel Core i7 960 -- well it's here already.
The processor has a clock frequency of 3.2 GHz and is replacing the recently introduced 3.06 GHz Core i7 950. The all new 960 will cost 562 USD. The Core i7 960 has four physical CPU cores hyper-threaded towards eight, 8MB L3-cache, a 4.8 GT/s QPI link with a 130W TDP.
Nehalem Bloomfield lineup:
Contrary to the Core i7 965 Extreme (which is also clocked at 3.2 GHz / 6.4 GT/s QPI ) this 960 does not have it's multipliers unlocked hindering overclockers somewhat.
Guru3D Folding at Home closes in on Top 70 !
It takes a lot of people to do a lot of work, and we surely did that recently as Team Guru3D has entered top 80 in the Folding@home rankings -- currently we are going steady at the 81st place !
Roughly a year ago we advanced roughly 40.000 points per day. Wonderful yet currently we average at 230.000 points per day, amazing. Due to your help we now have entered the Top 80 which is a fantastic achievement.
Now if you have an ATI Radeon series 3000 or newer or GeForce series 8 or newer graphics card and like to help fighting diseases, please join our team, we have Team ID number 69411.
Come on people, team 69411 -- join the club. Thanks to all who are participating in this project, and a special thank you to our top 20 contributors.
Coolermaster launches low-end Hyper 101 cooler
Read, really low-end ! Following the launch of Hyper Z200 / TX3 designed for low-end market,Coolermaster expands its line with the introduction of Hyper 101 cooler. Two heatpipes only.
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps
The colleagues over at TPU reports Gigabyte is prepping the GA-P55A-UD4, a new Intel P55 motherboard with SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 support. This motherboard will be a bit more expensive than the GA-P55-UD4 which sells for around $170.
The new model also features an upgraded CPU VRM, with a 12+2 phase design compared to the 8+2 phase design on the GA-P55-UD4. USB 3.0 and SATA 6 Gb/s features are provided using additional controllers on board. A Marvell-made SATA 6 Gb/s two-port controller replaces the familiar Gigabyte GSATA2 controller, while an NEC-made controller provides two USB 3.0 ports on the rear-panel. The USB 3.0 ports are color-coded blue, and share the port cluster with the lone gigabit Ethernet connector, while the SATA 6 Gb/s connectors are color-coded white, next to the usual six SATA 3 Gb/s ones the P55 PCH provides. The rest of the feature-set remains largely same, with four DDR3 DIMM slots to support up to 16 GB of memory, two PCI-Express 2.0 x16 slots (electrically x8 when both are populated) supporting ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI, Dolby Home Theater supportive onboard audio, among other standard issues. The Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 will not replace GA-P55-UD4 from the market, it will coexist, albeit priced higher. It remains to be seen if this is the only "P55A" motherboard Gigabyte sells.
CoolIT launches OMNI Universal Liquid Cooling
CoolIT Systems announces the latest development in graphics card cooling to maximize the performance capability of the latest AMD GPU technology, the ATI Radeon HD 5870. Unique to this new design is the creation of the universal liquid plate that will allow customers to use the advanced liquid cooling system to cool not only current graphics cards but also future cards. While the benefits of liquid cooling GPUs include lowering acoustics and maintaining lower core temperatures for increased reliability there is also the potential to enable higher performance clock settings. This factory sealed, maintenance free system will be demonstrated for the first time on AMD
Athlon II X3 435 processor review
Get this, a budget triple core processor that is clocked at nearly 3 GHz priced at roughly 55~60 EUR. The idea alone already oozes value, as whether or not we like to admit it, the current sweet spot in processors really is in-between two and four logical CPU cores. Today we'll be looking at such a triple core processor, the Athlon II X3 435 processor which is clocked at 2.9 GHz. Like other Athlon II processors, model 435 doesn't have Level 3 cache, and should not perform as well as the more expensive and powerful Phenom II X3 family. However in pure numeric tests the 435 beats Phenom II X3 720. Meet Rana ...
You can read the review right here.
Update: added overclock results
MSI AfterBurner 1.30 released
Afterburner is powered by our own Rivatuner engine, but this software comes with a few extra's. AfterBurner will support both ATI and NVIDIA graphics cards, Voltage regulation on the GPU, overclocking on core, shader and memory domains, GPU load levels (ATI), fan speed adjustment, device information .. and a really wicked graphical (configurable) monitor.
So with combined forces MSI will bring you their new AfterBurner overclock software. AfterBurner, as in giving that airplane an extra boost of power. The end-result (we feel) is a great looking user-friendly overclocking experience, with on-the-fly advanced user options .. including something I know many of you will like, VRM voltage control.
- Up to 85% overclocking capability
- Over voltage function to significantly increase overclocking potential
- Core/Shader/Memory clock adjustment
- Core/Shader clock Link/Unlink capability
- Clock/Voltage/Temperature/Fan Speed/Frame rate real-time monitor
- Maximum/Minimum value for easy record of system condition
- Real-time On-Screen-Display information in games
- Real-time information in Windows Tray Icon
- Detach mode for hardcore monitor style
- 5 Profile to easy save/load user customized setting
- Profile hot-key for easy and quick switch in games
- 2D/3D automatic profile switching for difference scenario
- Special Function:
- Advanced fan speed control for different speed under different temperature trigger points
- Mutil-GPU independent or synchronous control for clock/voltage/fan speed
- Information button for graphics card driver version, BIOS version, identification, OSD status and update link
- User Customized skin function
- Apply overclocking setting at system startup
Afterburner v.1.3.0 (2009-10-19)
- Added voltage control for reference design AMD RADEON HD 4770 and AMD RADEON HD 5770 series graphics cards with L6788A voltage regulators
- Added voltage control for custom design MSI N240GT D3 series graphics cards with uP6262 voltage regulators
- Fixed database entry for AMD RADEON HD 4870 X2 graphics cards. Afterburner no longer adjusts 2D voltage instead of 3D voltage on AMD RADEON HD 4870 X2
Please bare in mind that this software works with MSI graphics cards and a handful of reference based cards, you could be lucky though ;)
Download - click here
Public Beta of Office 2010 Available in November
Today Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer announced that the public beta of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and Microsoft Office 2010 will become available in November.
Office 2010, formerly known under its code name "Office 14", is going to be released in two different flavors: 32-bit and 64-bit, making it the first Office to support both platforms. Another interesting tidbit is the ad-supported, free, and reasonably slimmed-down, Web-based version of Office 2010, which was announced at the Professional Developer Conference in Los Angeles, September 2008. Businesses, which want to use the Web-based version without the ads, will have to pay a fee to Microsoft.
During his keynote address at Microsoft Corp.'s SharePoint Conference Ballmer said: "By taming the overflow of information across systems and technologies, SharePoint enables organizations to thrive. SharePoint 2010 is the biggest and most important release of SharePoint to date. When paired with Microsoft Office 2010, SharePoint 2010 will transform efficiency by connecting workers across a single collaboration platform for business."
"Microsoft SharePoint 2010 is part of the next wave of Microsoft Office-related products, which includes Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and Microsoft Visio 2010, that are designed to give people the best productivity experience across PCs, phones and browsers."
OCZ Vertex and Agility Garbage Collection works really well
Earlier last week OCZ released a new series of firmware for their SSD drives with Indilinx based controller. With the new firmware the entire line-up of Vertex and Agility Series SSDs can perform active garbage collection while the drives are idle to restore performance to like-new condition, even on a very segmented (slower) drive.
Typically, a used SSD will be slower and will have it's top sequential write speed drop to less than half of what it was originally and sequential reads can also take a considerable hit. It will still kick an HDD's as but would be slower then when you bought it.
The new firmware can restore the drive to it's "as new" state in about half an hour, which is an excellent result.
I decided to test this with an OCZ Agility SSD we use in one of our primary test PCs; the results are pretty sweet alright.
Before Garbage collection - take a good look at the write performance.
After 15 minutes Garbage collection - now observe that write performance is nearly close to maximum again.
We've been using this Agility drive in our primary test system for a while now. it has Windows 7 installed on it yet as you can see, wasn't fully fragmented just yet. However even with 15 minutes of garbage collection there's a very noticeable performance increase.
Nice job OCZ. OCZ new garbage collecting firmware's add a LOT more value to what were extremely good SSDs.
Firmware's and info can be found here.
Logitech launches G110 gaming keyboard
Intel to Launch budget X25 SSD
Intel is said to announce a value X25-X series SSDs to meet somewhat mainstream demand with an affordable price.
The 2.5-inch X25-X still features 34nm MLC NAND memory comes in a small 40GB volume. Performance should be up to 170MB/s of read and up to 35MB/s in write performance. While current X25-M series are available in 80/16GB with read/write speeds of 250MB/s and 170MB/s.
X25-X needs 90mW of power when it runs and 75 mW when it sits in idle mode. The new SSD is expected to launch before Christmas below $100 and there's no word on the fact whether or not this is a cached SSD.
Sound a bit underwhelming if you ask me ...
Thecus Unveils N7700PRO, 10 GbE SMB NAS
Need some storage ? Thecus is launching the N7700PRO, the follow up to the award winning N7700. While the original N7700 made its mark by being the world
Aliens vs Predator - Alien Reveal Clip
We've already had the Marine 'reveal' trailer, and today's the turn of the Alien one in SEGA's upcoming Aliens Vs Predator. Even if each is about six, that turns out to be an 18 hour game which would be sweet. Rebellion's Mexican standoff shooter is scheduled for release on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in the first quarter of 2010.
The game is going to be a DX11 title as well, we saw some pretty impressive tesselation going on at a recent ATI brieving.
Cooler Master Storm goes black
Cooler Master has introduced a new Sniper Black Edition case, this special edition of the Storm case features an all-black interior coating, support for 2.5" solid state disks and up to three 200mm fans that each deliver a massive airflow of 142CFM. The new and improved Sniper Black Edition includes all the features and functionality of the original Sniper, and raises the bar by including an all-black interior coating, full 2.5
Fraps 2.9.99 released
Fraps is a universal Windows application that can be used with all games using DirectX or OpenGL technology to record movies in-game or measure it's framerate.
- Requires DirectX 9.0c or DirectX 10
- Requires Administrator rights
- Supports all modern CPU's (Pentium 3 and above)
- Captures fastest with an NVIDIA GeForce or ATI Radeon graphics card
- Benchmarking Software - Show how many Frames Per Second (FPS) you are getting in a corner of your screen. Perform custom benchmarks and measure the frame rate between any two points. Save the statistics out to disk and use them for your own reviews and applications.
- Screen Capture Software - Take a screenshot with the press of a key! There's no need to paste into a paint program every time you want a new shot. Your screen captures are automatically named and timestamped
- Realtime Video Capture Software - Have you ever wanted to record video while playing your favourite game? Come join the Machinima revolution! Throw away the VCR, forget about using a DV cam, game recording has never been this easy! Fraps can capture audio and video up to 2560x1600 on dual-core CPUs (1152x864 single-core) at up to 100 frames per second!
2.9.99 - 16th Oct 2009
- Fixed flickering video capture in Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
- Fixed 30-bit color captures in Eve Online
- Fixed mouse cursor not being recorded in Conquer Online
- Other minor bug fixes
Download - click here.
Realtek HD Audio 2.35 Driver
The latest download of Realtek's HD audio driver version available for Windows XP and Vista, it runs under Windows 7 too.
The HD audio driver version for Realtek chips is available for download on our server. This download offers both the Windows XP and Vista binaries, the files contain drivers for the 32 Bit and 64 Bit versions. All Realtek HD audio chips, which are common on many motherboards and in notebooks, are supported.
History Driver Package R2.35
Realtek HD Audio Driver support all of Realtek HD Audio Codec .
- Vista/Windows 7 WHQL Supporting: ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC889, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC665, ALC260, ALC262,ALC267, ALC268, ALC269, ALC270, ALC272, ALC273, ALC887,ALC670, ALC275
- Windows 2000/XP WHQL Supporting: ALC880, ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC889, ALC861VC, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC665, ALC260, ALC262, ALC267,ALC268, ALC269, ALC270, ALC272, ALC273, ALC887,ALC670, ALC275
- HDMI Device WHQL Support: ATI HDMI Devices
- OS Supporting: Microsoft WindowsXP, Widnows2000, Windows Server 2003, Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows7 - x86/x64
- Pack with Microsoft High Definition Audio UAAV1.0a(5013)
1.) Driver :
- Package :
1. Fix some presentation of Spanish language .
2. Add "Windows Server 2008 x64 R2" identification folder.