Evercool Dr. Cool router cooler
OK -- too fun to not post. FAIL ?
Evercool rolls out Dr. Cool, the first cooling product for routers. The device clips to your router and offers cooling via a 80mm fan. Pricing and availability is unknown.
Guess what is it?
A crab? The tool for clip game? Or a small UFO?
No, all the above answers are wrong.
It is the new cooler launched by EVERCOOL, who is always driven by the coexistence of both cooling and aesthetics, but also emphasizing the usability.
What are the purposes of Dr. Cool?
Dr. Cool is the World
Rage Dead City Gameplay Video
A new video for id's RAGE is here, providing some gameplay from the 'Dead City' mission, in which you must take out a series of baddies (including one particularly large fella with a tentacle arm) and upgrade your defibrillator.
Currently confirmed only for North America, everyone who pre-orders Rage from participating retailers Gamestop, Amazon.com, Steam, and Direct-to-Drive will be automatically upgraded to the "Anarchy" edition.
- This special version includes four in-game items that won't be available elsewhere:
Double Barrel Shotgun: The classic id weapon, this time in a one-handed version
- Crimson Elite Armor: On exiting the Arc, players must don new armor for the wasteland. This special version combines all three attribute boosts of the individual armors otherwise available
- Fists of RAGE: a powerful melee weapon good for laying a wallop on mutants who get too close
- Rat Rod Buggy: a custom ride that replaces the standard issue buggy in the game
The Anarchy edition also includes the Wasteland sewer missions, an extra set of adventures that take place in a series of tunnels and old abandoned structures underground.
GeForce ForceWare 270.61 WHQL
This is the first WHQL-certified release from the Release 270 family of drivers (versions 270.xx to 274.xx). You can read more about this family of drivers on GeForce.com.
This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs. This driver package also includes the 3D Vision Controller driver.
New in Release 270.61
- Adds support for the newly released GeForce GTX 590, GeForce GTX 560 Ti and GeForce GTX 550 Ti GPUs.
- Increases performance for GeForce 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. v266.58 WHQL drivers. The following are examples of some of the most significant improvements measured on Windows 7. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
GeForce GTX 580:
- Up to 516% in Dragon Age 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF Very High, SSAO on)
- Up to 326% in Dragon Age 2 (1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF Very High, SSAO on)
- Up to 11% in Just Cause 2 (1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 11% in Just Cause 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 7% in Civilization V (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 6% in Far Cry 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 5% in Civilization V (SLI 1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 5% in Left 4 Dead 2 (1920x1200 noAA/AF, Outdoor)
- Up to 5% in Left 4 Dead 2 (SLI 2560x1600 4xAA/16xAF, Outdoor)
- Up to 4% in H.A.W.X. 2 (SLI 1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 4% in Mafia 2 (SLI 2560x1600 AA on/16xAF, PhysX = High)
GeForce GTX 560 Ti:
- Up to 461% in Dragon Age 2 (SLI 1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Very High)
- Up to 241% in Dragon Age 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Very High)
- Up to 19% in Just Cause 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 13% in Just Cause 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 6% in Far Cry 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 5% in Call of Duty: Black Ops (1920x1200 noAA/AF, Jungle Map)
- Up to 5% in H.A.W.X. 2 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 4% in Call of Duty: Black Ops (SLI 2560x1600 4xAA/16xAF, Jungle Map)
- Up to 4% in Civilization V (1920x1200 noAA/AF, Max settings)
- Up to 4% in Left 4 Dead 2 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Outdoor)
- Up to 4% in Metro 2033 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, PhysX on)
Radeon HD 6670 review
We review the Radeon HD 6670. A small, cute and tiny product that has been released by AMD to address a sizable market.. Products that could be handy for desktop usage and hey now, it might sit mighty fine in a HTPC. Heck it even plays games quite well for the money.
Check out the full review right here.
ASUS Radeon 6970 DirectCU II review
Very few names in the graphics card industry have the balls to take a GPU and then redesign a completely new infrastructure around it. Amongst them ASUS as they took an Radeon HD 6970 GPU... and did just that. They designed a PCB around it, then used a rather sizable cooler and labeled the product EAH6970 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5.
Check out our full review right here.
Alpenfohn Heidi 2 GPU cooler
ASUS WAVI two-way HDMI streaming kit
ASUS has launched WAVI, the world
Battlefield 3 'My Life' Trailer
MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning review
They designed a new PCB loaded with features and overclock potential, slapped some really cool memory on the card and topped off that GPU with the all new Twin Frozr III cooler.
Check out the full review right here.
Intel, Micron 20 nm NAND Flash
The growth in data storage combined with feature enhancements for tablets and smartphones is creating new demands for NAND flash technology, especially greater capacity in smaller designs. The new 20nm 8GB device measures just 118mm
Mionix Zibal 60 Gaming Mechanical Keyboard
Mionix, the Swedish manufacturer of professional high-end gaming accessories today unveiled the Mionix Zibal 60, a mechanical keyboard developed for the gamer that deserves the best. "I believe it is an artform to building keyboards, that are not just for gaming but also compromise free and simple in design. The high attention to detail and subtle features are going to be loved by our loyal users
Intel Sandy Bridge based Pentium benchmark
Donanim Haber received official test results of Intel's Sandy Bridge based next generation Pentium CPUs, now please bare in mind that Intel has a tendancy to over exagarate their internal presentation slides, but still -- good stuff to see alright.
Check 'r out:
PCMark 7 arrives on on May 3
Futuremark confirmed that PCMark
Texas Instruments four-port USB 3.0 controller
Texas Instruments launches their first USB 3.0 four-port controller with USB-IF certification. It will hit mass production in May 2011 and will be sold for $4.50, a dollar more than the two-port TUSB7320.
In addition to the four-port host controller, the TUSB7340, TI also achieved certification for its two-port host controller, the TUSB7320. These four- and two-port host controllers support such applications as notebooks, desktop computers, workstations, servers, add-in cards and ExpressCard implementations, as well as PCIe-based embedded host controllers for HDTVs, set top boxes and gaming console applications. Download datasheets, order free samples, and request evaluation modules (EVMs) here: www.ti.com/tusb7340-pr.
"The continuing certification of USB products is key to delivering a smooth and effortless experience to consumers worldwide as they purchase and interconnect their new electronic devices using SuperSpeed USB," said Jeff Ravencraft, President & COO, USB-IF. "We are pleased with the commitment Texas Instruments has made to this standard by delivering such a broad portfolio of SuperSpeed USB products, including their most recent four- and two-port host controllers."
TI continues to expand the industry's broadest portfolio of end-to-end SuperSpeed USB devices with products like these four- and two-port host controllers in addition to existing peripherals, transceivers, hub controllers, redrivers, power switches and ESD protection chips.
Host controller key features and benefits
Certified and compliant: USB-IF and Microsoft's Windows Hardware Qualification Laboratory (WHQL) standards ensure an open solution for interoperability with industry-wide peripherals and hubs for SuperSpeed USB.
Sensitivity: Receiver sensitivity of less than 50 mV differential peak-to-peak is twice as good as that required by the USB 3.0 specification, which allows better detection of weak signals for use with longer cables and eases board layout challenges.
Reduced BOM: Full state-machine architecture eliminates the need for any external storage device, such as EEPROM or Flash, saving bill of materials (BOM) costs by five percent compared to competitive solutions.
These USB-IF-certified SuperSpeed USB host controllers come in a compact WQFN package and are sampling now. They will be in volume production in May 2011, with suggested resale pricing of $4.50 for the four-port TUSB7340 and $3.50 for the two-port TUSB7320, in quantities of 1,000.
ANNO 2070 - Gameplay Trailer
DICE:BF3 has largest maps we've ever made
DICE's Patrick Bach has revealed in a recent interview (thanks BF3Blog) with Norweigan game magazine Gamer that Battlefield 3 will feature the biggest maps DICE has ever made. 'The game is still early in development, but I can tell you that Battlefield 3 will have the largest maps we have ever made'. Bach went on, pointing out that BF3 will support 64 players on PC, and it will be possible to have both jets, helicopters, tanks and infantry combat on a single map:
MSI GeForce GTX 570 TwinFrozr III Power Edition
MSI released the N570GTX Twin Frozr III Power Edition graphics card. The new graphics card not only features the latest Twin Frozr III dual fan cooling module but also exclusive Propeller Blade technology for 20% more airflow. Under full load, these reduce the GPU temperature by 18
PowerColor HD 6950 Vortex II Edition
TUL today introduced an innovative cooling technology into the HD6950 series: the PCS+ HD6950 Vortex II Edition. Featuring the PCS+ series characteristic, the latest edition has superior overclocking ability which clocks in at 850MHz core speed and 1300MHz memory speed, easily accelerating gaming machines with nearly 2.39 teraFLOPs of computing power and offering the surprising gaming experience
The PCS+ HD6950 Vortex II Edition enables users to manually adjust the fan and its physical attributes. By lifting the fan, it optimizes the air flow and taking advantage of the cooler air from the bottom of the case, balancing the ambient temperature. Furthermore, with the exclusive perforated fan design and anti-turbulence ability, enhancing the cooling efficiency and resulting in cooling down the temperature up to 20% compare to reference design.
Also, the latest solution utilizes