Download: GPU-Z 0.3.3
GPU-Z is a lightweight utility designed to give you all information about your video card and GPU. A new update on GPU-Z is out and it supports the latest catalyst & latest forceware drivers.
Here is the list of changes :
- Added support for RV740 (HD 4750, HD 4770) and RV790 (HD 4890)
- Fixed G98 shader count
- Fixed GT200 process size calculation
- Added support for GTX 275
Download - click here
Lian Li PC-B10 Mid-Tower Chassis
Lian-Li Industrial Co. Ltd has launched the PC-B10 Mid Tower chassis. The all aluminum design features two fans on the front (1x 140mm@900RPM + 1x 120mm@1500RPM) and one rear 120mm@1000RPM extraction fan.
The brushed aluminum chassis has a front door with lock which gives access to 5x 5.25
Best Selling PC Games (week ending March 14)
Aah, a new week a new top 10 chart for the best selling games in the US, courtesy of the NPD charts of course. We have a fresh number one.
- Empire: Total War - The Creative Assembly/Sega
- World Of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King - Blizzard
- The Sims 2 Double Deluxe - Electronic Arts
- Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II - THQ
- World of Warcraft Battle Chest - Blizzard
- World of Warcraft - Blizzard
- The Sims 2 Apartment Life - Electronic Arts
- Spore - Electronic Arts
- Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst - Big Fish Games
- Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 - Electronic Arts
And then the Direct2Drive's Top Ten (3/8 - 3/14)
- Command & Conquer 3: Red Alert - Uprising / EA LA
- Empire: Total War / Creative Assembly
- World in Conflict: Soviet Assault Expansion / Massive
- Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II / Relic
- World in Conflict Gold Edition / Massive
- Rome: Total War Gold Edition / Creative Assembly
- Empire: Total War - Special Forces Edition / Creative Assembly
- Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning / EA Mythic
- MLB 2K9 / Visual Concepts
- Final Fantasy XI Vana'diel Collection 2008 / Square Enix
Gigabyte launches Sumo 4112 Chassis
Gigabyte Thermal Solutions flagship series
Auzentech X-fi Forte 7.1 Soundcard review | test
Auzentech once again cemented their hold on the audio world and offered products to another market segment; the very large PC gaming market. The highly successful X-fi Prelude 7.1 seemed to command a large audience and it seemed everybody and their brother purchased a Prelude 7.1, which was considered by many to be the best gaming card in existence.
Today in our audio lab we have the new Auzentech X-fi Forte 7.1 soundcard ready to be put through our considerable, majestic yet always fair tests. Let's see what Auzentech sent over shall we?
You can read ther Guru3D review right here.
Download: GeForce ForceWare 182.47 XP|Vista
Merely a day or two after the last release, this 182.47 driver set appeared on the NVIDIA website. It's very much the same as the 182.46 drivers yet adds support for OpenGL 3.1 and GLSL 1.40 on G80 GeForce based graphics cards.
You need one of the following graphics cards to get access to the OpenGL 3.1 and GLSL 1.40 functionality:
- Quadro FX 370, 570, 1700, 3700, 4600, 4700x2, 4800, 5600, 5800, Quadro VX200, Quadro CX
- GeForce 8000 series or higher; Geforce G100, GT120, 130, GTS 150, Geforce GTS 250, GeForce GTX 260, 280, 285 and 295, any ION based products.
- Quadro FX 360M, 370M, 570M, 770M, 1600M, 1700M, 2700M, 3600M, 3700M
- GeForce 8000 series or higher
Download 182.47 drivers:
OnLive - Games On Demand Service Announced
At the currently ongoing 2009 Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, a new company called OnLive introduced itself to the gaming world with a bold claim. Based in Palo Alto, California, OnLive, the name of both the company and its on demand online gaming platform, is presenting a games on demand service, promising to instantly deliver the latest high-end titles over home broadband Internet to the TV and entry-level PCs and Macs. In it's current development state, OnLive is supposed to deliver fullscreen gaming action at a resolution of up to 1280 x 720 at 60 fps - if you do have a 5Mbps connection. The slower your connection, the smaller the resolution gets, of course.
According to OnLive's CEO, Steve Perlman, this new technology was being developed and worked on for seven years already and is paying tribute to the wide availability of consumer broadband connectivity and the shift to cloud computing in general. Perlman states that their new video compression algorithm only takes one millisecond of lag to encode the video.
This is the main idea behind OnLive:
- Connect to OnLive with your TV, PC or Mac (either directly or with their MicroConsole) and start a game
- Your game runs in a state-of-the-art OnLive game server center
- OnLive connects you to game servers through the Internet, instantly sending your controller actions upstream and the results back downstream at blinding fast speeds
- Enjoy ultra high-performance gameplay on your TV or entry-level PC or Mac
So far, nine prominent game publishers already announced that they are going to actively support OnLive: Atari, Codemasters, Eidos, Electronic Arts, Epic, Take Two, THQ, Ubisoft, and Warner Bros.
The official, public launch of this service is scheduled for winter 2009 and a beta for summer 2009. So, keep your eyes open for updates on this interesting new service...
Download: DirectX End-User Runtimes March 2009
We have a new March update for DirectX 9 and 10 available for download today. This download provides the DirectX end-user multi-languaged redistributable that developers can include with their product. This distro doesn't just update DX9, but also updates DX10.
This package is localized into Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and English.
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2003 R2 Datacenter Edition (32-Bit x86); Windows Server 2003 R2 Datacenter x64 Edition; Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition (32-Bit x86); Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition; Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition (32-bit x86); Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64 Edition ; Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 x64 Edition; Windows Server 2003 x64 editions; Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition (32-bit x86); Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition for 64-Bit Itanium-Based Systems; Windows Server 2003, Datacenter x64 Edition; Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition (32-bit x86); Windows Server 2003, Enterprise x64 Edition; Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86); Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 Edition; Windows Server 2003, Web Edition; Windows Small Business Server 2003 ; Windows Vista; Windows Vista Business; Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Business N; Windows Vista Enterprise; Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Home Basic; Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Home Basic N; Windows Vista Home Premium; Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Starter; Windows Vista Starter N; Windows Vista Ultimate; Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition; Windows XP; Windows XP 64-bit; Windows XP Home Edition ; Windows XP Home Edition N; Windows XP Media Center Edition; Windows XP Professional Edition ; Windows XP Professional N; Windows XP Professional x64 Edition ; Windows XP Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows XP Starter Edition; Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
The DirectX redist installation includes all the latest and previous released DirectX runtime. This includes the bi-monthly D3DX, XInput, and Managed DirectX components.
Download - click here
Guru3D Rig of the Month - March 2009
Each month here at Guru3D.com we feature one of you guys, your PC, your DIY project. It is quite honestly amazing how much detail and dedication you put into an PC, and every now and then it really shows.
They say beauty is only skin deep, and well that's just the case of the Rig of The Month March 2009. Meet Mark, Mark is a gardener at the age of 29. Mark has been a Guru3D aficionado for a ling time and he shares our passion of building nice PCs. Mark's PC will be the Rig of the Month March 2009 for reasons that I do not even need to explain really. Go have a read and then check out the brilliant water-cooling job he managed to pull off.
Check out Mark's Rig of the month, click here.
RV790 Radeon 4890 could do 1 GHz
We spotted many reports and photo's already with info on the upcoming RV790 release from ATI (Radeon HD 4890). As seems now the GPU clocks on that product will get specced at 850 MHz. There however is a lot of stuff happening.
It looks like the board partners will do a lot of customized models, and apparently some of them can even reach a core clock frequency of an astounding 1.00 GHz.
On a Chinese tech forum PCInLife they have shown that the RV790 rather reached the 1 GHz mark, easily.
The overclocker reached speeds of 1 GHz (core) but that didn't stop right there. The reference memory clock frequency will be 3900 MHz right, well the overclocker reached 1125 MHz (=4.50 GHz effective, memory). To proof a point, this card ran 3DMark Vantage on eXtreme settings.
The X-mode returned a a score of X5480. That's smackdown right in-between the GeForce GTX 280 and GeForce GTX 285. Considering they had to be using a Beta driver, in combo with official drivers performance might be even a tad better.
Click on the image to enlarge btw.
OCZ Technology Intro's Two Gaming Mice
OCZ Technology Group today unveiled two new mice ideal for users seeking an inexpensive gaming solution. Featuring a solid design, maximum functionality, and programmable customization unique to each user, the Behemoth and Eclipse are built with the hardcore gamer in mind. Both mice offer a competitive edge with quality ergonomics and advanced features designed for both gaming and productivity applications.
Mobile phone now a shaver as well
In extraordinary weird news today we can report that the Chinese developped the Cooler758 razor phone, which can be used as a shaver. Their Razor phone is quite literally a razor, just pop off the bottom cap and you have a fully functional shaver. Additionally, the phone has a touchscreen, 2 megapixel digicam and dual-SIM capability.
Heheh, crazy ... stupid, but crazy. Definitely beats GPS capability on a phone though :)
Just pop the cap off the bottom and you've got a fully functional shaving implement, perfect for rubbing across your chin repeatedly in a vain hope that it'll knock off a few bristles before that very important meeting you're late and ill-prepared for.
Kill Bill In One Minute
Spotted this little DIY flick at Techamok today, too frickin funny to not post really. Go check it out and watch the Kill Bill (part 1 and 2) redone .. in one minute.
CryENGINE 3 Teaser Video
Lot's of game related news-items today. PC.IGN has got a sneak peek at Crytek's CryENGINE 3 trailer. According to Crytek, the trailer features both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 footage. The video is meant as a tech demo only, so the fact that it features nanosuit-clad soldiers from Crysis
It could just be that Crytek recycled some of its existing assets. No titles have been officially announced that will be built on CryENGINE 3 as of yet. Well, check it out I'd say.
Alyssa Milano to co-star in 'Ghostbusters' game
ASUS preps High-End Non-Reference HD 4890 Accelerator
Our colleagues over at Techpowerup have some photos of a custom design Radeon HD 4890 graphics card from ASUS.
As it looks, this model will have an enhanced 100% digital PWM design, 6+2 phase power controlled by VRM controller chips that can be controlled by software, one 8-pin PCIe power connector instead of two, a Fujitsu high-density ML capacitor for better voltage regulation and a high-performance cooler.
- 100% digital PWM design - something the reference PCB features too, but enhanced by a small design change by ASUS
- The 6+2 phase power circuit is controlled by two independent VRM controller chips, the vGPU can be controlled by software, and can be set up to 1.4 V with the included software
- An 8-pin PCI-E power input replaces one of two 6-pin inputs on the reference model. This is said to add electrical stability and increase overclocking headroom
- ASUS added the industry's highest-quality voltage regulation thanks to the Fujitsu high-density ML capacitor, that facilitates the lowest ESR, and is best suited for digital PWM circuits (the cleanest power makes it to the GPU)
- The GPU is expected to be clocked above 900 MHz, with the GDDR5 memory at 1000 MHz (4.00 GHz effective)
- It will feature a non-reference high-performance cooler, which doesn't want to be pictured yet
The clockspeeds of this Radeon HD 4890 are expected to be well over 900MHz for the GPU, with GDDR5 memory at 4000MHz. Pricing and availability is unknown, but the reference design should be launched in the second week of April for just shy of $250.
Download NVIDIA Forceware 182.46 XP|Vista 32|64-bit
We have a new NVIDIA GeForce driver available for you today. This in fact is a new Beta driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, and 200-series desktop GPUs, and should be pretty darn good (!).
New in Release 182.46:
- Optimized single GPU and SLI support for upcoming PC games.
- Numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release documentation notes.
- Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
New in Release 182 Drivers:
- Boosts performance in several 3D applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with Release 182 WHQL drivers vs. Release 181.22 WHQL drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
- Up to 8% performance increase in Fallout 3 at high resolution and AA.
- Up to 10% performance increase in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.
- Up to 9% performance increase in Half-Life 2 at high resolution with AA.
- Up to 11% performance increase in Left 4 Dead at high resolution with AA.
- Up to 10% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID at high resolution and AA.
- Includes full support for OpenGL 3.0 on GeForce 8-series, 9-series, and 200-series GPUs.
- Automatically installs the new PhysX System Software version 9.09.0203.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
- Supports NVIDIA SLI Multi-monitor support, giving you the ability to use two monitors with your GeForce graphics cards in SLI mode.
- Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Note: GPU PhysX is supported on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory.
We have a forum discussion thread open on these drivers right here. Please read about and share your experiences in there.
Rockstar Games Announces Max Payne 3 for Winter 2009
Judging by the press release from Take-Two Interactive Software, fans of the Max Payne computer game series can look forward to a new title in winter 2009. Rockstar Games is currently developing Max Payne 3 which will be a direct sequel to Max Payne 2.
Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., is proud to announce that Max Payne 3 is currently in development and scheduled for a winter 2009 release on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system and PC. Developed by Rockstar Vancouver, Max Payne 3 tells the story of a retired police detective embroiled in a world of corruption, turmoil and intense violence.
The award-winning Max Payne franchise put players in the role of Max Payne, a hard-boiled New York City detective with a penchant for violence, out to avenge the death of his family. The latest installment delivers more of the classic elements and hyper-intense action that fans have come to love, while moving the story of Max in a new direction.
"We're starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation."
Since leaving the NYPD and New York itself behind, Max has drifted from bad to worse. Double-crossed and a long way from home, Max is now trapped in a city full of violence and bloodshed, using his weapons and instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out.
Max Payne 3 will be available in winter 2009 for Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 and PC.
You can visit the official Max Payne 3 web site by clicking: here.