Thunderbolt Plus and Thunderbolt 80 Plus Gold Modular PSUs
THORTECH announces the launch of the all new Thunderbolt & Thunderbolt PLUS Series high efficiency gaming performance power supply. The Thunderbolt PLUS Series is equipped with the patented innovative iPower Meter interactive PSU control panel which allows the user to monitor the actual efficiency, wattage, temperature and control the fan speed mode of the PSU, just to name a few. Thunderbolt & Thunderbolt PLUS Series are 80 Plus Gold and NVIDIA SLI certified, as well as compliance with the latest Intel and AMD CPU.
Key features of Thunderbolt Plus with iPower Meter - 800W, 1000W, and 1200W
- Efficiency performance of up to > 90% with 80Plus Gold certification
- Single +12V rail design providing up to 65A (800W), 80A(1000W), 100A (1200W)
- iPower Meter, industry
ECS P67H2-A Black freaky motherboard commercial
You probably read our review on the ECS P67H2-A motherboard, read that here. ECS has made a virtal video for it, and you might think you ended up in an erotic video ... but, ah well, have a look yourself.
Microsoft Warns on New Windows Zero-Day Vunerability
Microsoft released a security advisory on Friday warning users to watch out for a newly disclosed vulnerability in all versions of Windows, one that takes advantage of a common method of transferring media types in email messages. The hole, called the MHTML protocol handler, is located in a part of all supported versions of Windows, including XP Service Pack 3.
By luring a user to visit a malicious site and click on a booby-trapped link, an attack program could send the handler a poisoned script. While the result of a successful attack on a user would only be to enable "unintended information disclosure" -- rather than compromise the entire system -- the fact that proof-of-concept code and discussions of the hole have already been posted on the Internet raises the urgency level for Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) to warn security professionals pronto. The advisory provides a client-side workaround. Additionally, the company said it is working on a patch.
New RAGE trailer
Realtek HD Audio 2.57 audio driver
The latest download of Realtek's HD audio driver version available for Windows XP, Vista, it runs under Windows 7 as well of course. The HD audio driver version for Realtek chips is available for download from our servers.
This download offers all the Windows XP, Vista and 7 binaries, the files contain drivers for the 32 Bit and 64 Bit versions. All Realtek HD audio chips, which are common on many motherboards and in notebooks, are supported.
Driver Package R2.57
Realtek HD Audio Driver support all of Realtek HD Audio Codec .
1. Vista/Windows 7 WHQL Supporting: ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC886, ALC887, ALC888, ALC889, ALC892, ALC899, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC665, ALC670, ALC680 ALC260, ALC262,ALC267, ALC268, ALC269, ALC270, ALC272, ALC273, ALC275
2. Windows 2000/XP WHQL Supporting: ALC880, ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC886, ALC887, ALC888, ALC889, ALC892, ALC899, ALC861VC, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC665, ALC670, ALC680 ALC260, ALC262, ALC267,ALC268, ALC269, ALC270, ALC272, ALC273, ALC275
3. HDMI Device WHQL Support: ATI HDMI Devices
4. OS Supporting: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows7 - x86/x64
5. Pack with Microsoft High Definition Audio UAAV1.0a(5013)
1.) Driver :
2.) Package :
1. Realtek Setup program will update audio driver automatically in update Realtek audio driver case under Vista/Windows 7.
Realtek setup program will un-install the previous version Realatek audio driver on the system first.
And it will re-install Realtek audio driver automatically after system re-boot.
GeForce GTX 590 dual-GPU card to arrive late February?
If the rumors are true then we can expect a dual-GPU series 500 graphics card from NVIDIA be the end of next month just bfore CeBIT 2011. Nordic hardware claims they where able to verify NVIDIA's plans to release the GeForce GTX 590 next month, a new dual-GPU graphics card with two GF110 GPUs, 1024 CUDA cores and 3GB GDDR5 memory. Power consumption is unknown, but given that a GeForce GTX 580 already has a TDP of 244W it won't be pretty.
" The new graphics card obviously comes with two GF110 GPUs and NVIDIA has chosen to go all in with the shaders. It goes with the top model of GF110 with 512 CUDA cores, which results in 1024 CUDA cores in total and 2 x 384-bit memory bus.
The reason NVIDIA has chosen to use the maximal number of CUDA cores is that this becomes a more efficient solution than turning of shader blocks and increasing frequencies. GeForce GTX 590 will instead get considerably lower clock frequencies and voltages than GeForce GTX 580 that use a single GF110 GPU. This is a pretty obvious sacrifice considering that GTX 580 is rated 244 watt TDP, with just one GPU."
If you like to learn what the performance will roughly be like, well just click here.
HIS adds R6900 Turbo fan series
Hightech Information System Limited launches its HIS 6970 & 6950 Fan Turbo 2GB GDDR5 graphics card. Offering the latest and greatest features like AMD Eyefinity technology,
AMD HD3D technology and DirectX 11 support, the new 6900 Turbo Series provides flawless image quality and unbelievable performance to the gamers at every advantages. The HIS 6950 Turbo has over-clocked its core clock speed to 840MHz and memory clock at 5,120MHz, delivering serious high-definition gaming frame rates.
The HIS 6970 Turbo supplies the same 2GB GDDR5 but at a maximum core clock speed of 900MHz and memory clock of 5,600MHz. The utmost speed will let you enjoy the high resolution and fast frame rates which directly translate into superior performance and ultra-high bandwidth.
Pre-overclocked graphics card with the balance of the best performance and cooling effect.
HD3D Stereoscopic Technology
HD3D technology transmits two separate images to each of your eyes at the same time at a resolution beyond 1080p. Supported with HD3D glasses,
this technological innovation comes with Stereo 3D gaming, Blu-ray 3D, 3rd Party Stereo 3D middleware software and 6900 Series GPU support.
The Three Pillars
- Get immersed with AMD Eyefinity technology
- Get amazing EyeDefinition graphics with DirectX 11 technology
- Speed up applications and enjoy brilliant video with AMD EyeSpeed technology
The HIS 6970 Turbo will be available on February 7th.
MSI the Big Bang Marshal intro and photo's
Though the samples are not yet in, MSI introduces the Big Bang Marshal, a new Intel P67 based motherboard with eight PCIe 2.0 x16 slots and Creative X-Fi MB2 sound.
Gamers and extreme users have been waiting for a mainboard that can provide them all the tools they need to get the most out of their new Sandy Bridge CPUs, and it has finally arrived. World-renowned mainboard manufacturer Micro-Star Int'l Co., Ltd. (MSI) has unleashed the Big Bang-Marshal. Defining total quality standards, the Big Bang Marshal wields the second generation Military Class components for the best build quality and reliability. A major highlight of the board is an industry leading eight (8) sets of PCI-E 2.0 x 16 slots for a staggering combination of GPUs. Combined with Creative's top-class X-Fi MB2 sound technology, it can simultaneously take care of the three major elements that gamers care about the most: stability, performance and sound effects.
The Big Bang-Marshal is also equipped with a 24-phase DrMOS power design, and has excellent performance on over-clocking and stability for the enthusiast user. Utilizing a dual 8-pin CPU power supply, plus a set of 6-pin VGA power supply design, users can steadily provide power when overclocking the CPU and mainboard -- achieving ultimate performance on the Sandy Bridge platform.
8 PCI-E 2.0 x16
NewerTech eSATA to USB 3.0 adapter
NewerTech announced it will present an eSATA to USB 3.0 adapter. The converter is available on the company's site for $29.95 and convieniently allows you to use the eSATA port as a USB 3.0 interface (of course you could also pick up a USB 3.0 PCIe controller for the same ammount of money).
Newer Technology announced today the NewerTech eSATA to USB 3.0 Adapter for using an eSATA interfaced equipped external hard drive with computers offering the
PowerColor PCS+ HD 6970 OC card launches
PowerColor releases their PCS+ of the Radeon HD 6970, a overclocked card with a custom dual-fan cooling solution.
The card clocks in at a 940MHz core (stock: 880MHz) and 2GB GDDR5 clocked at 5700MHz (stock: 5500MHz).
TUL Corporation, a leading manufacturer of AMD graphic cards, today expands its award-winning PCS+ series into the HD6970 series with the PowerColor PCS+ HD6970. Featuring all the latest technology, the PowerColor PCS+ HD6970 clocks in at 940MHz core speed and 1425MHz memory speed, easily accelerating gaming machines with nearly 2.9 teraFLOPs of computing power and delivering amazing gaming performance.
The PowerColor PCS+ HD6970 is equipped with a unique dual fan cooling solution; built with two large 92mm cooling fans, heat is easily dissipated from the 3x 8
OCZ Z-Drive R3 PCIe SSD that chunks out speeds up to 1000MB/s
OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:OCZ),a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) for computing devices and systems, announces the latest Z-Drive R3 PCI-Express SSD solution for enterprise and OEM clients. Showcased for the first time at CES 2011, the Z-Drive R3 updates the existing lineup with greater performance, reliability, and design flexibility with a new compact footprint for server applications, and is the first SSD to officially deploy OCZ
POV TGT GeForce GTX 560Ti TFC Series
Woaah, 3-slot coolers for mid-range products. There's something interesting. Point of View announces today that it is first to market with a high performance NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 TFC Series (TFC stands for triple fan cooling).
The POV/TGT GeForce GTX 560Ti TFC series consisting of the three performance levels: Charged, UltraCharged and
KFA2 GeForce GTX 560 White edition and Anarchy review
KFA2 submitted two cards, one focused at pure silence is the Galaxy GTX 560 Ti GC / KFA2 GeForce GTX 560 EX OC ANARCHY. The second card tested today is the GeForce GTX 560 White Edition aka KFA2 GeForce GTX 560 LTD OC White edition.
The KFA2 GeForce GTX 560 EX OC ANARCHYcomes with a
Intel hardware-based anti-virus feature
An interesting comment originates from Intel CTO Justin Rattner who claims that a new hardware-based security technology under development by Intel researchers will stop zero-day attacks in their tracks. Rattner said the technology will be ready to be released later this year, it will not be signature-based but other than that he didn't share a lot of information about this new security technology.
The technology won't be signature-based, like so much security is today. Signature-based malware detection is based on searching for known patterns within malicious code. The problem, though, is that zero-day, or brand-new, malware attacks are often successful because they have no known signatures to guard against.
Intel is working around this problem by not depending on signatures. And the technology will be hardware based, though it's still unclear if it will have a software component. "Right now, anti-malware depends on signatures, so if you haven't seen the attack before, it goes right past you unnoticed," said Rattner, who called the technology "radically different".
"We've found a new approach that stops the most virulent attacks. It will stop zero-day scenarios. Even if we've never seen it, we can stop it dead in its tracks," he said.
Renesas delays USB 3.0 chip price cut -- lack of competition
Taiwanese motherboard makers claim that Renesas has not yet carried out its planned price cut for USB 3.0 host ICs. The company has no reason to cut its prices because Taiwan-based design houses have not yet obtained USB-IF certification for their USB 3.0 solutions.
With a global market share of 95%, Renesas currently quotes US$2.20-2.50 for its USB 3.0 host ICs, much higher than US$1.70-1.80 quoted by ASMedia Technology, Etron Technology and VIA Labs of which their products were just adopted by Asustek Computer, ASRock, Elite Computer Systems and Gigabyte Technology for entry-level motherboards, the sources indicated.
The three Taiwan-based design houses may obtain USB-IF certification for USB 3.0 host ICs as early as the end of February 2011, and thus Renesas is expected not to reduce its quotes until as late as the end of the first quarter of 2011, the sources indicated.
Tt eSPORTS Black Element 6500dpi laser mouse
Tt eSPORTS has announced its Black Element, a new gaming mouse with a 6500dpi laser sensor. The peripheral features nine macro buttons and is aimed at MMO and RTS gamers.
It offers OMRON gaming switches to guarantee a life expectancy of up to 5 million clicks, an adjustable weight system, gold-plated USB connectors, a fancy lighting system, a rubber coating for enhanced hand grip, and 128KB onboard memory for storing up to 45 macro keys within 5 game profiles.
Pricing and availability is to be announced.
Fractal Design Arc Mini chassis
The new Fractal Design Arc Series of cases create a niche of their own; a combination of stellar performance and cooling options with stylish, minimalistic looks and an overall understated elegance.
* Stylish, minimalistic front panel with alu-look
* Optimized for performance, massive cooling and water cooling support
* A total of 7(!) fan slots (2x 120mm in front, 2x 120/140mm in top, 1x 120mm in bottom, 1x 120mm in rear,1x 120/140mm in side panel)
* Three fans included (1x 120mm in front, 1x 120mm in rear and 1x 140mm in top)
* Support for dual 120mm radiator in top*
* 6x white painted HDD trays, with silicone mounting
* Upper HDD cage is removable and rotatable
* USB3 support in front panel
* Excellent cable routing and cable routing covers
* Easily removable front panel with clip on fan slots
* Extra, vertically mounted expansion slot, suitable for fan controllers or non-input expansion cards
*The component support in the case when using radiator in top is depending on the thickness of the radiator. See info below. When having a 2x120mm radiator mounted in top, you cannot use the rear 120mm fan slot at the same time.
- Up to 40mm radiator thickness: Support for most water CPU coolers and larger memory modules.
- Up to 50mm radiator thickness: Support for most water CPU coolers and standard memory modules with a height of max 35mm.
- Up to 70mm radiator thickness: Support for only certain water CPU coolers, depending on the water inlet and outlet. Supports standard memory modules with a height of max 35mm.
This new Arc Mini case in micro ATX format offers plenty of cooling options, up to 7 fans of various sizes can be installed. Unique for its small size, it also offers room to mount a thick, dual 120mm radiator in the top panel.
Elegant top and front panels are both easily removable and pre-fitted with fan filters to ensure a dust free interior. The sleek black interior is matched and contrasted with white expansion slots and HDD trays. Similar to the Define Series, all the HDD trays are fitted with anti-vibration silicon grommets. The upper HDD cage is removable and rotatable, which enables support for even the longest graphic cards.
Tangled cables are a thing of the past as the Arc Series offers an innovative, convenient, and great looking way to hide them away. The motherboard mounting plate has rubber covered holes in which you can easily route the cables to a compartment behind the motherboard, which has more than ample storage space.
- Fan controller for 3 fans included
- 1 front mounted Fractal Design 120mm fan @ 1200rpm included
- 1 rear mounted Fractal Design 120mm fan @ 1200rpm included
- 1 top mounted Fractal Design 140mm fan @ 1000rpm included
- Additional 4 fan slots available for optional fans; one 120mm in front, one 120mm in bottom, one 120/140mm in top and one 120/140mm in side panel
- 6x 3,5 inch HDD trays, compatible with SSD!
- 2x 5,25 inch bays, with 1x 5,25>3,5 inch converter included
- On top of front panel: 3x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0 and Audio I/O
- Removable filter below PSU (PSU not included)
- M/B compatibility: Mini ITX and Micro ATX
- 4+1 expansion slots with sleek white painted brackets
- Supports graphic card lengths up to 260mm when removable HDD-Bay is in place
- Supports graphic card lengths up to 400mm without removable HDD-Bay
- Supports CPU coolers with height of 165mm
- Supports PSU's with a depth of maximum circa 170mm, when using bottom 120mm fan location. When not using the bottom 120mm fan location, the case supports also longer PSU's, typically 200-220mm
- Case size (WxHxD): 210x395x486mm with front and top bezel in place
- Net weight: 9 kg
AMD Catalyst 11.1 WHQL and Hotfix
The AMD Catalyst software suite 11.1 contains the following:
- AMD display driver version 8.812