Corsair Graphite Series 600T White edition review
It was time for an upgrade, so the designing minions in the dark caves of Corsair's R&D facility started thinking, brainstorming and came up with a fresh idea .. yep the Graphite Series could use an update. So the team came up with a special edition series chassis, the White Graphite Series 600T Mid-Tower Case as reviewed today. This little white colored beast has five exposed 5.25-inch drive bays, immediately hinting this chassis to be a mid-tower chassis.
Check out this Guru3D.com article right here.
MSI 990FXA-GD80 Socket AM3+ Motherboard Pictured
Well, after all others, of course MSI's AMD 990FX chipset based motherboard information and photo's had to leak as well.
Meet the "Big Bang Conqueror", based on the 990FXA-GD80. An socket AM3+ motherboard that supports AMD's upcoming FX series processors, is based on the AMD 990FX + SB950 chipset.
The motherboard has a 10-phase VRM + 2 for memory, and uses MSI's milotary II design and component selection. You'll spot four PCI-Express 2.0 x16 with support for NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX; two PCI-E x1, and a PCI.
Six SATA 6 Gb/s ports are located at internal ports, you'll spot two USB 3.0 controllers, driving two ports on the rear panel. Expect the MSI 990FXA-GD80 to launch in late June, prive is TBA, but we expect 180 USD.
Corsair Hydro H80 and H100 coolers to be launched
Yikes a small leak from an etailer exposes some of the stuff Corsair is to launch soon as TC-Mag noticed Corsair will soon introduce two new watercooling kits; the H80 with a 120mm radiation and the H100 with a 240mm rad.
"Both models use two fans. Both upcoming CPU coolers have their fans operate at up to 2600 RPM, they boast a sound output of 22 to 39 dBA, and support Intel LGA 775/1155/1156/1366 and AMD AM2/AM2+/AM3 processors.
According to the now removed store pages, the H80 costs
PowerColor Radeon HD 6850 SCS3 passively cooled
PowerColor announced the SCS3 HD6850, a new Radeon HD 6850 card with passive cooling.
TUL Corporation, a leading manufacturer of AMD graphics cards, today introduces a passive cooling solution into the HD6800 family: the PowerColor SCS3 HD6850. While running passively, the PowerColor SCS3 HD6850 maintains the high performed specifications with core engine of 775MHz, 1000 MHz memory speed; with up to 1.48 teraFLOPs of computing power, easily accelerates the gaming rig and delivers extreme gaming performance.
The PowerColor SCS3 HD6850 features an effective passive cooling solution; with 62 piece of L shape heat sink which enlarge the heat dissipation surface areas, the excessive heat can easily being dissipated through 5 piece high performance heat pipes; furthermore, it
Intel SSD 710 series released in July?
Intel is expected to introduce its SSD 710 "Lyndonville" series in July. The 710 series codenamed Lyndonville which uses the 25nm MLC-HET NAND flash is slated for July launch.
It will come in capacities of 100GB, 200GB and 300GB not 400GB as VR-Zone reports as rumored earlier. Performance and pricing is not available at this moment. The 1.8" 320 series in capacities of 80GB, 160GB, 300GB is slated for July release too.
ADATA 1333MHz DDR3L dual-channel kits
ADATA Technology, a worldwide leading manufacturer in high-performance DRAM modules and NAND Flash application products, today introduced its latest XPG Series DDR3L 1333MHz 4GB dual-channel kit memory. The modules feature high-density, low timing and low voltage, enhanced system stability, and improved performance to meet market needs and especially those of gamers.
The latest XPG Plus series DDR3L 1333+ is available in 2GB single channel and 4GB dual channel kits, with latency of 8-8-8-24. The utilization of an exclusively designed aluminum heat sink and high quality circuit board ensures high efficiency and stability of the memory modules. The Gaming Series DDRL 1333G 4GB dual channel kit has latency of 9-9-9-24. They employ the same special heat sink design, and can effectively reduce running temperature to extend the life of the module.
The new XPG Plus series DDR3L 1333+ and Gaming series DDR3L 1333G memory modules are distributed through designated agents and resellers.
Intel might launch unlocked dual-core Sandy Bridge chip?
Great for overclockers, great for true value .. a story that Intel may be planning to release a cheaper unlocked Sandy Bridge part is surfacing on the web.
A Taiwanese site says Intel is cooking up an unlocked Core i3-2120K processor. That model will reportedly feature two fully unlocked Sandy Bridge cores and a $150 price tag. XFastest also quotes a 3.3GHz clock speed, 3MB of L3 cache, a 65W thermal envelope, and Intel HD Graphics 2000. Sadly, the site doesn't say when this chip might hit stores.
8K Ultra High Definition Display
Hmm, yummie ... Sharp showed off the first Super Hi-Vision TV, a 85" model with a resolution of 7,680 x 4,320 pixels. That's 16x more detail than run-off-the-mill 1080p HD TVs. Go check it out ..
ARMA 3 Announced
Czech developer Bohemia Interactive has confirmed that a follow-up to its landmark military simulation game, ARMA 3, is in development. The announcement comes via the official website, which says the game will be based on a Mediterranean island and focus on NATO forces fighting Eastern armies. The game is currently slated for a 2012 release and will feature multiplayer, singlplayer, vehicles, customisable loadouts and an extensive editor for players to make their own content with.
Some of the key features of Arma 3 include:
- Single-Player Campaign - Evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.
- Vehicles & Weapons - Control a multitude of aircraft, vehicles and ships with accurate simulation; shoot anything from pistols to sophisticated weapon platforms.
- Physical Simulation & Improved Animations - Take advantage of PhysX supported vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.
- Rich & Authentic Environment - Explore an unsurpassed military combat experience set on an authentic Mediterranean island modelled from real geographic data.
- Multiplayer Gameplay - Experience both cooperative & competitive scenarios with the full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.
- Completely Extensible & Moddable - Design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.
- Customizable Soldier Load - Choose your uniform; assemble your weapon kit; change your load-out; get loaded up.
AMD Catalyst Application Profile 11.5 CAP2
Grab the latest AMD Catalyst Application Profiles 11.5 CAP2 (May 19)
These are the Catalyst profiles for multi-GPU support. Build Info: 8.87-20110518-1952. No release notes at this time but we hope for Witcher 2 support, please wait. (thanks to asder00 once again).
HIS 6790 Fan 1GB GDDR5 released
HIS released the HIS 6790 Fan 1GB GDDR5 graphics card, delivering an array of advanced technologies to demanding gamers.
Running core clock speeds of 840MHz and memory clock speeds of 4,200MHz, the new model provides dramatic visual and gaming experience at an affordable price.
The new model is equipped with AMD
Corsair Ships Flash Voyager USB 3.0 products
Corsair today announced that they are shipping of the Flash Voyager USB 3.0 family of USB flash drives.
The new Flash Voyager USB 3.0 models deliver SuperSpeed USB 3.0 performance, with read speeds up to four times faster than typical USB 2.0 drives. The Flash Voyager USB 3.0 product family shares the same rugged rubber housing and finger-friendly ergonomics that have made the Flash Voyager family a favorite of consumers looking for durable portable data storage. All Flash Voyager USB 3.0 models are shockproof, water-resistant, backward compatible with USB 2.0/USB 1.1 standards, and provide easy plug-and-play compatibility with most operating systems.
The boost in read speed provided by the Flash Voyager USB 3.0 family makes accessing video, images, and other large files significantly faster, said Thi La, Vice President of Memory Products at Corsair. The shipment of more and more USB 3.0-enabled systems makes it clear that the market is rapidly adopting the new standard. The latest Flash Voyager models are ideal for getting the most performance from the latest PC gear.
Flash Voyager USB 3.0 USB flash drives will be available worldwide in May from Corsair network of authorized retailers at a suggested retail price of $19.99 USD for the 8GB version, $29.99 USD for the 16GB version, and $69.99 USD for the 32GB version.
SiSoft SANDRA updated to SP2a v17.55
SiSoft are releasing SP2a for Sandra 2011, version 17.55.
-- SP2a updates --
- CPU Update: Sandy Bridge-EP/EN/EX, Ivy Bridge preliminary support.
- Fix: translations updated.
- Update: branding (devices/systems)
-- SP2 updates --
Mobile Broadband (WWAN) Benchmark: Now you can benchmark your mobile broadband connection just like with WiFi (WLAN).
- Change: System model name/Mainboard name instead of hostname sent to the Ranker
-- SP1x updates --
- Fix: Incorrect CPU frequency for Power Management Efficiency (ALU/FPU) benchmark causing Ranker to fail.
- Update: GPGPU/GPCPU Crypt benchmark performance improvements.
- Change: Simplified installer, use "Options" in Sandra to enable/configure features.
-- SP1 updates --
- Fix: Incorrect CPU frequency displayed on Sandy Bridge in Turbo Mode; benchmark scores are not affected. The displayed speed was updated twice.
- Fix: Incorrect CPU frequency displayed on Phenom II/Fusion in Turbo Mode*; IMC and Memory speed were also affected: benchmark scores are not affected. The displayed speed was not updated at all.*
- Improvement: Multi-threaded Memory Bandwidth on Fusion*; score has doubled (~3.3GB/s) though short of what AMD "suggests". No better solution has been found yet.
- Update: Large memory pages support re-added to the Memory Bandwidth, Cache & Memory Bandwidth and Multi-Core Efficiency benchmarks: please use Options to disable "Use Large Memory Pages" to use native memory pages.
- Update: GUI reference list colour-matched to the graphs which finally allows you to identify which result corresponds to which value in the graph.
- External Fix: GPGPU Crypto benchmarks work with the latest 266.xx nVidia drivers even in older Sandra versions.
- Fix: Minor various fixes for Windows 7/2008 R2 SP1 RTM. Again SP1 is *required* for AVX support, and no still no idea whether Vista or XP will also be updated.
ASUS 990FX Sabertooth Motherboard Photo's
Well, the Computex tradeshow is getting closer and that's where AMD will announce (not launch) its 990FX chipset. Based on Socket AM3+ the first ASUS 990FX Sabertooth motherboard pictures just surfaced.
The TUF series (The Ultimate Force) Sabertooth 990FX seems to be styled in the very same color as its earlier models, no tactical jacket anymore though.
This AM3+ motherboard will get it's juice from a 10-phase Digi+ VRM. Socket AM3+ will support the Bulldozer based Zambezi FX Series Processors which launch later in June/July.
If you look a little closer at the board you'll spot DDR3 DIMM slots supporting dual-channel memory up-to DDR3-1866 MHz straight from the EFI BIOS.
The TUF has four PCI-Express 2.0 x16 (x16/x4/x8/x8 or x16/x4/x16/NC) based on what you use the slots for of course.
Storage wise we spot six internal SATA 6 Gb/s ports supporting RAID and another two internal SATA 3 Gb/s from a third-party controller likely JMicron or Marvel. Anyway, have a peek at the photo's, clock to enlarge of course ...
ROCCAT Kulo 7.1 USB gaming headset
ROCCAT released its Kulo headset which is available in retail stores for 79.99 EUR.
Renegade Ops Gameplay Trailer
Renegade Ops puts players in a mobile commando unit sent behind enemy lines to defeat Inferno, a madman intent on global domination. Defeat enemies across a range of stunning environments using a wide variety of vehicles, from dispersing electromagnetic shock waves to the deployment of a huge Gatling gun armed to the teeth. Players have the choice to fight alone in single player mode, team up offline with two-player split screen or join the dynamic 4-player online co-op experience. Blast your way through enemy lines by working together, or compete for achievements as you and your friends aim to top the online leader boards
Now this is real Facial Animation
Oh man, I kid you not .. check it out, this guys face is animated.
Duke Nukem presents titty-filled webgame
2K has unveiled Duke Nudem, a promotional shooting and here we go, there's no other way to say this: gallery-cum-stripping game, in order to whip people up into a positively hype frenzy before Duke Nukem Forever is released on June 10. Each mini-game requires you to win in a breast of three contest, and ultimate victory will see the girls take off their tops to expose their bare chests.
There is also a 'safe' version for people who want to enjoy the subtle nuances of the game without the mature content.