Gigabyte AM3+ Black Socket Motherboards
Zalman N series 128GB SSD review
Being fashionably late to market with this product series the SSD series will sell at 64GB - $169 and 128GB - $289. Performance wise this drive should be as fast as the Vertex 2 series for example. Yep, we peek at the new N series SSDs from Zalman.
The product line we test today is based on the more popular and powerful SandForce controllers, it will offer higher performance, of up to 280 MB/s when reading and 270 MB/s when writing.
Read the full Guru3D review here
NVIDIA Non-Ti GeForce GTX 560 To Ward Off HD 6790 Threat
NVIDIA is readying a new SKU based on the GF114 GPU: the GeForce GTX 560, to counter act AMD's upcoming Radeon HD 6790, and probably higher SKUs in the HD 6800 series.
AMD will unveil its Radeon HD 6790 next week, which will compete with the GTX 550 Ti, and probably seat itself in the market somewhere between the GTX 550 Ti and GTX 560 Ti. It is this gap that NVIDIA is looking to fill, as TPU reports through Heise.
The GeForce GTX 560 is said to have 336 CUDA cores enabled (same configuration as the GF104-based GTX 460 1 GB), 56 TMUs, 256-bit GDDR5 memory interface holding 1 GB of memory. The thing that sets this SKU apart from the GTX 460 is going to be clock speed and overclocking potential, which is known to be higher on GF11x GPUs in general. Unlike HD 6790, there's no set launch date for the "non-Ti" GeForce GTX 560. Tentatively mid-April or early May.
AFOX leaks GeForce GTX 530 details
TC Mag noticed that Hong Kong-based graphics card maker AFOX has leaked details about an upcoming GeForce GT 530 card on its website. Pricing and availability is unknown. Set to be placed under the GTX 550 Ti and maybe priced around $100, the GeForce GT 530 features a GPU clock of 750 MHz, an unknown number of CUDA Cores set at 1500 MHz, a 128-bit memory interface, 1GB or 2GB of DDR3 memory @ 1333 MHz (2666 MHz DDR), is equipped with a reasonably-large, single-fan cooler, lacks SLI support, and provides three display output options - D-Sub, DVI and HDMI.
ColorFire prepping custom Radeon HD 6870 for extreme overclocking
TechPowerUp reports ColorFire is working on a custom Radeon HD 6870 for extreme overclocking. The card offers a large cooling solution with heatpipes and a 110mm fan, and offers voltage measure points with cables, hardware-based voltage adjustment with DIP switches, dual-BIOS, and high-grade VRMs.
Its design revolves around high-grade VRM, powerful cooling, and dual BIOS, each packing overclocked settings. The ColorFire Xstorm HD 6870 is a completely non-reference design card, the GPU is powered by a 5+1 phase VRM that uses POSCAP capacitors. The card uses two BIOS ROM chips that can be selected using a push-switch on the rear panel. The "normal" BIOS packs clock speeds of 940 MHz core and 1100 MHz (4.40 GHz effective) memory, while the "turbo" BIOS runs the card at 1050 MHz core, 1150 MHz (4.60 GHz effective) memory.
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Trailer
This launch trailer from IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover shows off 1C: Maddox Games' upcoming combat flight simulator set during World War II's pivotal Battle of Britain:
Battlefield 3 Fault Line Episode III: Get that Wire Cut
DiRT 3 Group B Rally Trailer
Codemasters released a new trailer for DiRT 3 featuring the banned Group B rally cars doing what they were designed to do and showcasing the power and speed that got them banned from the rally circuit.
You can check out the new Group B rally trailer below or head on over to the official website to pre-order the game. DiRT 3 is due out on May 24th for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
Intel X79 enthusiast chipset specs leak
The chipset that is going to replace the X58 on the long term is going to be X79, and a slie on it leaked yesterday. Intel's next platform for enthusiasts will get a 2011-pin LGA socket, the Sandy Bridge-E (enthusiast) processor that features a massive quad-channel DDR3 memory controller and 32+ lane PCI-Express 2.0 hub, and the X79 chipset.
Intel might actually skip the 6-series chipset family with its next high-end platform chipset as the platform is slated for Q4 2011 already, though Z68 will still be launched, but as a Premium chipset.
GeForce Forceware 270.51 released
This is the first release from the Release 270 family of drivers (versions 270.xx to 274.xx).
This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs. This driver package also includes the 3D Vision Controller driver.
New in Release 270.51
- Adds support for the newly released GeForce GTX 590, GeForce GTX 560 Ti and GeForce GTX 550 Ti GPUs.
- Increases performance for GeForce 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. v266.58 WHQL drivers. The following are examples of some of the most significant improvements measured on Windows 7. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
GeForce GTX 580:
- Up to 516% in Dragon Age 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF Very High, SSAO on)
- Up to 326% in Dragon Age 2 (1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF Very High, SSAO on)
- Up to 11% in Just Cause 2 (1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 11% in Just Cause 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 7% in Civilization V (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 6% in Far Cry 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 5% in Civilization V (SLI 1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 5% in Left 4 Dead 2 (1920x1200 noAA/AF, Outdoor)
- Up to 5% in Left 4 Dead 2 (SLI 2560x1600 4xAA/16xAF, Outdoor)
- Up to 4% in H.A.W.X. 2 (SLI 1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 4% in Mafia 2 (SLI 2560x1600 AA on/16xAF, PhysX = High)
GeForce GTX 560 Ti:
- Up to 461% in Dragon Age 2 (SLI 1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Very High)
- Up to 241% in Dragon Age 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Very High)
- Up to 19% in Just Cause 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 13% in Just Cause 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 6% in Far Cry 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 5% in Call of Duty: Black Ops (1920x1200 noAA/AF, Jungle Map)
- Up to 5% in H.A.W.X. 2 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 4% in Call of Duty: Black Ops (SLI 2560x1600 4xAA/16xAF, Jungle Map)
- Up to 4% in Civilization V (1920x1200 noAA/AF, Max settings)
- Up to 4% in Left 4 Dead 2 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Outdoor)
- Up to 4% in Metro 2033 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, PhysX on)
- This is a new feature in Release 270 and later drivers. NVIDIA Update keeps your PC up-to-date with the latest NVIDIA drivers by notifying you when a new driver is available and directing you to the driver on www.nvidia.com. When you install a Release 270 or later GeForce driver from www.nvidia.com, you will be presented with the option to install NVIDIA Update. Click here to learn more about NVIDIA Update.
NVIDIA 3D Vision
- With Release 270 drivers, the 3D Vision Controller driver is now included with all GPU driver installations. This driver package includes v270.47 3D Vision Controller driver. Users are no longer required to install a separate 3D Vision Controller driver or CD driver. For more information, please view this knowledgebase article for more information.
- New features added to 3D Vision window mode
- Adds support for HDMI 1.4 3D TVs when using 3DTV Play software, including DirectX 9 games, Google Earth, and 3DVisionLive.com.
- 3D Vision window mode now works with Windows Aero enabled
- New NVIDIA Control Panel option to toggle 3D Vision window mode on or off.
- Performance improvements
- DirectX 9 applications when using NVIDIA SLI
- Better performance using the in-game crosshair for Half-life 2, Left4Dead, and Left4Dead2
- Adds support for new 3D Vision Desktop LCD monitors: Tongfang LM2230W
- Adds support for new 3D Vision projectors: Acer X1261P, Acer X1261-3D, DepthQ HDs3D-1, NEC NP-V300X, Sanyo PDG-DXL2000
- Fixed problem with DLP HDTVs and SLI which caused problems with eye synchronization
- Add support for new 3D Vision All In One PCs: Acer Aspire Z5673, Lenovo B520
- Added the following 3D Vision game profiles:
- Alice Madness Returns
- Crysis 2 (including multi-player demo)
- Dead Space 2
- Dragon Age II
- Duke Nukem Forever
- Dungeon Defenders
- Dungeon Siege III
- Fable III
- Faxion Online
- Final Fantasy XIV
- Homefront (DirectX 9 and DirectX 10)
- Lego Universe
- Need for Speed World
- Portal 2
- Richard Burns Rally
- Section 8: Prejudice
- Shift 2 Unleashed
- Shogun 2: Total War
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures
- Test Drive Unlimited 2
- The Sims Medieval
- Updated the following 3D Vision game profiles
- MX vs. ATV Reflex
- Monster Hunter Frontier Benchmark
Triple monitor gaming on GeForce GTX 590 and Radeon 6990
We test gaming on three monitors with the GeForce GTX 590 and Radeon 6990. We take the monitor resolution up towards 5760x1200, check out game performance yet also try out quad GPU gaming as we place both cards in SLI and CrossfireX. So for both AMD and NVIDIA that means chucking up quad GPU performance and compatibility.
We'll take three 1920x1200 Dell 24" monitors, configure them in a 5760x1200 pixel resolution on both products and fire off a dozen of games at that resolution with superior image quality settings.
Check out the article right here.
Corsair 2000MHz Vengeance High-Performance DDR3 Memory Kits
Corsair announced the availability of 2000MHz versions of the award-winning Vengeance family of DDR3 memory.
The new 2000MHz kits are equipped with aluminum heat spreaders anodized in Jet Black. They join the 1600MHz Vengeance DDR3 memory kits, which are available in either Jet Black or Cerulean Blue, and the 1866MHz Vengeance DDR3 kit, available in Jet Black.
"Our new 2000MHz Vengeance memory is perfect for PC gamers and enthusiasts, as well as systems integrators who value the outstanding overclockability of the Vengeance family, and are looking for even more speed." said Thi La, Vice President of Memory Products at Corsair. "They're a great choice for anyone looking to make the most of their high-performance system."
The 2000MHz kits, and the entire Vengeance family of DDR3 memory, are compatible with all current Intel and AMD platforms. They will initially be available in the following configurations:
Corsair Vengeance memory kits, including the new 2000MHz versions, are available immediately from Corsair's worldwide network of resellers and distributors.
OCZ finalizes acquisition of Indilinx
OCZ Technology announced it has finalized its acquisition of Indilinx Co., Ltd, a privately-held fabless provider of flash controller semiconductors and firmware for SSDs.
Indilinx provides a line of flash controllers to SSD manufacturers and OEMs across the server, embedded and industrial product sub-segments, as well as laptop and PC markets. Indilinx controllers have been integrated within certain OCZ products since December 2008, and are currently utilized in a number of OCZ SSDs including the enterprise class Z-Drive R2 PCI-Express SSD Series.
Pursuant to the Indilinx share purchase agreement, OCZ has acquired, among other things, approximately 20 patents and patent applications related exclusively to Indilinx's flash controller business. Approximately 45 Indilinx employees will join OCZ, including Indilinx's co-founders Bumsoo Kim and Hyun Mo Chung, each of whom serve as Indilinx's CEO and CTO, respectively. OCZ intends to continue supplying Indilinx controller semiconductor and firmware-based solutions to current Indilinx customers, which include OEMs and NAND flash manufacturers, in addition to further integrating Indilinx controllers into OCZ's SSD products.
Inclusive of Indilinx, OCZ expects its revenue for fiscal year ending February 28, 2012 (FY 2012) to be in the range of $300−$330 million, an increase of approximately 60%−75% from an estimated $189 million in its fiscal year ended February 28, 2011 (FY 2011).
As a result of the acquisition, OCZ expects its gross margin to increase by 2%−4% within 12 months of closing. Gross margins are expected to increase due to increased sales of controller products (which generally have gross margins in the 50%−60% range) as well as integration of Indilinx controllers into a greater range of OCZ products in the 12 months post acquisition. The Indilinx acquisition is expected to become accretive towards the end of FY 2012.
As stated in the press release dated March 7, 2011, OCZ expects to report revenue for the fourth quarter of FY 2011 of approximately $64 million, an increase of nearly 100% over the fourth quarter of fiscal year ended February 28, 2010. Preliminary GAAP operating loss for the fourth quarter of FY 2011 is expected to be in the range of $1.6
Genius Wireless MousePen M508W tablet
Genius introduced the MousePen M508W, a wireless tablet for graphics designers. It will retail for around $149.
Genius, a leading manufacturer of computer peripherals, today releases its MousePen M508W in the USA and Canada. A 5
Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR2 and DDR3
Lexar Mediaintroduced the Crucial Ballistix Sport memory series designed to provide mainstream users, gamers, and general PC enthusiasts with a reliable, no-hassle gaming experience. The new Crucial Ballistix Sport memory supports today's latest AMD and Intel platforms, including 2nd Generation Intel Core processor (formerly codenamed Sandy Bridge) technology. It also features a stylish new heat spreader design, along with standard timings and voltages, providing maximum memory stability and system compatibility. Additionally, industry-standard specifications require little or no BIOS configuration, resulting in easy product installation.
"Over the years, Crucial Ballistix memory has earned a reputation amongst gamers and enthusiasts as high-quality, high-performance, reliable memory," said Jeremy Mortenson, senior product manager. "The Crucial Ballistix Sport series offers casual gamers an accessible, easy-to-use Ballistix memory product at an affordable price. This new Ballistix offering is part of our broader product strategy and a commitment to satisfy the needs of our customers."
Available in popular speeds and densities in both DDR2 and DDR3 technologies, the affordably priced Crucial Ballistix Sport series is backed by a limited-lifetime warranty.
Gigabyte Aivia M8600 wireless gaming mouse
Gigabyte is proud to extend its Aivia peripheral series with M8600 Wireless Macro Gaming Mouse. The first product from GIGABYTE
AMD Catalyst 11.3 releases
This article provides information on the latest posting of AMD
FAH releases V7 For Public Beta Testing
Single client for normal (Uniprocessor), SMP (Multiple CPUs) and GPU (Graphics Processors) folding.
Brings support for running FahCore_16 on HD 5000 Series or higher. Please note that the FahCore_16 will be released to the public soon (Details).
Improved Windows installer with support for Windows XP, Vista, 2008 and Windows 7.
64-bit OS-X install package. (32-bit in the works).
Debian/Ubuntu and RedHat/Fedora/CentOS 32-bit and 64-bit Linux packages.
Low priority background operation has very little impact on your computers usability. You should hardly notice Folding@home is running when using other applications.
A more compatible and stable 3D protein viewer with several view modes, rotation, zoom, online help and interpolated protein animations.
Ability to monitor, configure and control many remote folding clients from a single computer.
Do remember that the Guru3D Team number is 69411. Good luck Beta Testing the V7 F@H Client :)