GPU-Z 0.3.6 Released
A new update on GPU-Z is out and it supports the latest catalyst & latest forceware drivers. The utility is designed to give you all information about your video card and GPU.
Here is the list of changes :
- Added Infotips, they can be turned off in the system menu
- Added preliminary support for ATI
RadeonHD 5900 (Hemlock), HD 5600 (Cedar), HD 5300 (Redwood)
- Added full support for HD 5850, HD 5770, HD 5750
- GPU-Z no longer crashes on ATI ULPS enabled CrossFire configurations
- Fillrate Pixel, Fillrate Texel, Memory Bandwidth will now correctly recalculate when clocks change
- Bus Interface, ATI shader count is now periodically refreshed
- Added support for HD 5850 voltages
- Second voltage on HD 5870 correctly named VDDCI
- ATI clock reading code fixed
- Fixed default clock reading on HD 5850
- Added Mutex to avoid collisions on long I2C operations
- Added basic detection for a lot of
- Added detection for ATI FireGL V7600, M92, RS880
- Added detection for NVIDIA GT 130, 9600 GE, Tesla C1060, G 220, GT 220, NVS 3100, GTS 160 M, NVS 160M, NVS 150M, G105M, GT 240M, G105M, G210M, G310M, ION LE
- Fixed die size and transistor count on G72 M
Download - click here.
12 Hottest Geek Girls
Well, I coudn't keep you guys away from this one. Check out Manolith which has published a list of the 12 hottest geek girls, you can check out the pretty photos at their site.
Their regularions are tough though, There are criteria that must be met to make a proper geek girl; she must be geeky, she must be a techie, and she must be hot.
CryENGINE3 Released to Developers and Trailer
BTW you guys -- the demo looks freaking awesome !
Radeon HD 5770 in 3-way CrossfireX
Well, we wanted to find that out. So we took a new eVGA P55 Classified motherboard which has plenty of PCIe x16 ports, popped in three Radeon HD 5770 1024MB cards and once again ran our test suite of software to see what performance scaling is like, and where we end up anno 2009 with driver issues, as there are bound to be at least a few of them. Head on over to Guru3D's 3-way Radeon HD 5770 CrossfireX review in which we'll examine single, 2-way and 3-way Multi-GPU modes.
Check out the review here.
NVIDIA SLI Profile update revision 3.0
You can now download NVIDIA SLI Profile update revision 3.0
This little update adds SLI support for the following games:
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
FIFA Soccer 2010
League of Legends: Clash of Fates
Order of War
Pro Evolution Soccer 2010
Star Trek: D-A-C
- And it also increases performance in:
Dragon Age: Origins
Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110 network storage server
Seagate today announced the availability of the BlackArmor NAS 110 network storage server. This new offering is the first of the Seagate BlackArmor NAS family to include additional capabilities designed to meet the specific needs of small/home offices and prosumers who crave the latest NAS technology. The new BlackArmor NAS 110 server complements Seagate
OCZ releases Vertex SSD Firmware v1.4
While competing drives still suffer from performance degradation, OCZ
MSI Introduces R5700 Series Graphics Cards
After launching the powerful R5800 series graphics card which successfully get global overclocking enthusiasts' attention, MSI, leading graphics cards and mainboard brand-manufacturer, today introduces the latest R5700 series graphics card, MSI R5770-PM2D1G and R5750-PM2D1G. With the advanced 40nm GPU, DirectX 11 support, high speed GDDR5 video memory, and ATi Eyefinity technology, the MSI R5700 series graphics card can fully provide stunning gaming experience by DirectX 11 to gamers. In addition to better performance/power ratio compared to popular HD 4870 of last generation product, MSI R5700 is the premium high performance graphics card that you must have! Now get it with a free DirectX 11 support racing game
ATI Radeon 5900 entry spotted ...
Well well well .. ATI is surely paving their way into DX11 land. Check out these entries we found in a recent driver. It's clear that ATI is preparing the Radeon 5900 series to match NVIDIA's upcoming Fermi release.
It 'could' be the 5870 X2 being positioned under this device ID, but in some drivers these entries already can be found:
"ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series" = ati2mtag_Evergreen, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_689C
"ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series " = ati2mtag_Evergreen, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_689D
AMD Stream SDK 2.0 Beta shows GPU + CPU support
AMD is proud to make available the fourth beta release of ATI Stream SDK v2.0 that provides the first complete OpenCL
Corsair debuts new Flash Voyager GT drives
Corsair has introduced new 16GB, 32GB and 64GB Flash Voyager GT flash drives. The new 16GB Flash Voyager GT also utilizes Corsair's proprietary water- and shock-resistant, all-rubber casing so that users can be confident that their data is secure and protected from damage. Independent reviews of Flash Voyager products have demonstrated their ruggedness, durability, and reliability. Flash Voyager drives have been laundered, baked, frozen, boiled, dropped, and even run over by a SUV! After all the punishment they received, the drives continued to work.
The 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB Flash Voyager GTs are available immediately from Corsair's authorized distributors and resellers worldwide. All Corsair flash products are backed by a 10-year Limited Warranty. Complete customer support via telephone, email, forum and Tech Support Xpress is also available.
Elsa shifts focus from graphics cards to LED lighting
DigiTimes makes note that graphics cards are no longer the main focus of Elsa, instead the company shifted its attention to LED lighting products.
The sources explained that Elsa has been involved in the LED lighting industry since the second half of 2008, mainly targeting the China market. A quick viewing of the company's website supports that the company has been involved in the LED market since last year.
However, the company will continue offering graphics cards, mainly for the China market as well, sources at the company indicated. The company is also offering other IT products, including a netbook (Elsa Pal Book II) targeting the entry-level PC market.
The industry sources also indicated there is a rumor that several members of Elsa's graphics card development team have left the company to form a new graphics card brand called Lantic.
Borderlands TV Clip
BFG launches gaming notebook
BFG Technologies is announcing the new Deimos X-10 SLI Gaming Notebook. Deimos X-10 delivers super fast frame rates similar to an SLI desktop rig, but offers gamers the convenient portability of a notebook. Deimos X-10 can be configured with dual NVIDIA
Point of View GeForce 200 series with 40nm G210 and GT220
Both the models G210 and GT220 are equipped with the three-way graphics output Dual Link DVI, VGA and HDMI. This makes these small and energy efficient graphics cards perfectly suitable for Office PC, Gaming PC and off course media center PC use.
The G210 GPU counts sixteen 1400 Mhz processing cores and is built onto a low-profile PCB ( Bracket can be removed for low-profile setups). The GPU works with 512MB of DDR2 or SDDR3 memory running on 1000 Mhz and 1600 Mhz. The core itself runs on 589 MHz. Perfectly balanced in both performance and pricing, this is the perfect media center graphics solutions for those who want all functionality at a very good price.
Its bigger full PCB-sized brother the GT220 works with a 625 MHz GPU. They use the same memory setup (1000 MHz DDR2 and 1600 MHz SDDR3) and speeds but the GT220 will standard be equipped with 1024MB of graphics memory. The memory is addressed by a total of 32 shader cores on 1360 MHz and will offer excellent performance for the more hungry games and applications.
More at Point of View
ECS debuts passively cooled GeForce GT 220
ECS is among the first to introduce a passively cooled version of the GeForce GT 220 graphics cards.
Fanless heatpipe cooling & AC cooler solution within your budget ECS NSGT220C-1GQS-H and NSGT220C-512QZ-H graphics cards belongs to GT 220 Silent Series comes with fanless heatpipe cooling solution to provide a perfect zero noise entertainment environment even during heavy loading games. The other GT 220 models carry specifically designed AC cooling solution to offer great cooling efficiency and suppress the noise very well. Only ECS smart technology can make it possible to provide perfect latest technology within user
MSI AfterBurner 1.20
Download MSI AfterBurner from MSI. This is an incredible handy overclock utility for MSI graphics cards. Afterburner is powered by our own Rivatuner engine, but this software comes with a few extra's. AfterBurner will support both ATI and NVIDIA graphics cards, Voltage regulation on the GPU, overclocking on core, shader and memory domains, GPU load levels (ATI), fan speed adjustment, device information .. and a really wicked graphical (configurable) monitor.
Afterburner v.1.2.0 (2009-10-12)
- Added NVIDIA G 210 and GT 240 series graphics cards support
- Added voltage control for custom design MSI N220GT and N240GT series graphics cards with uP6262 voltage regulators
- Added intitial AMD RADEON HD 5750 and AMD RADEON HD 5770 series graphics cards support
- Added Logitech keyboards LCD displays support. Now it is possible to display hardware monitor data in Logitech keyboards LCD
- Extended I2C address scanning range for uP6208 voltage regulators to allow supporting voltage control on non-MSI custom design graphics cards equipped with uP6208
- Fixed on-board memory size detection for AMD RADEON HD 5000 series graphics cards
option also affects voltage control
- Fixed database entry for AMD RADEON HD 4890 series graphics cards. Afterburner no longer adjusts 2D voltage instead of 3D voltage on AMD RADEON HD 4890
- Fixed database entry for AMD RADEON HD 5850 series graphics cards. Afterburner no longer adjusts UVD voltage instead of 3D voltage on AMD RADEON HD 5850
- Automatic profiles manager is now restarted after resuming from suspended mode
- Revised VRM access synchronization protocol for safer simultaneous VRM polling by multiple software products at the same time
setting to the context menu of detached hardware monitor window. When this option is disabled, hardware monitor window can be minimized to the taskbar while staying in detached mode
- Now it is possible to pause hardware monitor activity via
option in the context menu of hardware monitor window
- Maximum allowed hardware polling period has been extended from 5 to 60 seconds
- Added configuration file setting allowing power users to display performance profiler status informaition in the hardware monitor window. The information allows estimating average CPU performance hit caused by hardware monitor and software automatic fan control layers
- Optimized timer message queue processing under high CPU load conditions for better hardware monitoring and software automatic fan control events handling
- Reduced CPU usage for simultaneous GPU clock frequency and GPU usage readings on AMD graphics cards, both values are being read in single pass now
- Maximum limits has been extended from 1000 to 1500MHz for core clock graph and from 2000 to 2500MHz for shader clock and memory clock graphs
- Added readme file and option to display it in the installer
tab is not displayed in advanced settings window if there are no fan control capable GPUs in the system
- Updated context help files, added more hints to
More questions ? Please visit the AfterBurner Support Forums
Download - click here
Radeon HD 5770 review (Crossfire)
In collaboration with ATI and HIS we will test the Radeon HD 5770 in single and a CrossfireX (Multi-GPU) setup. It's a product that performance wise positions itself directly in-between the Radeon 4850 and 4870, yet comes with all the features that the 5870 for example offers.
It's new it's affordable, it has AMD written all over it ... head on over to the next page where we'll meet and greet Juniper aka Radeon HD series 5700.
Check out the review right here.