Corsair Launches new Extreme series SSD
Today we posted a review on the Corsair P128, as we mentioned in the conclusion in the long run we'd still prefer an Indilinx based product as well, it's just a notch faster. Today Corsair announced the following:
Fremont, CA. July 16th, 2009.- Corsair
Deals of the Day - July 16th 2009
Okay, it's time for some funkeeeh hardware deals. This round i like to focus on processors. As I was editing the buyers guide I noticed that some processors dropped in price real far. That phenomenal Phenom II X3 720 BE for example dropped a third in prize ... So let's dedicate this bulleting to that processor ;)
- AMD Phenom II X3 710 Triple-Core Processor - This is one of my favourite processors really. Heaps of value for money and you even get a chance of running the fourth core on some motherboards ;) You can easily clock this one to 3600 MHz with an air cooler. Check it really ... it's only $99.00 and free shipping (deal of the day!). This one just oozes with awesomeness.
- AMD Phenom II X4 940 Quad Core Processor - Dang .. another one of my favourites .. this quad core puppy runs at 3.0 GHz, Phenom II awesome value for money as ii sells for $187.43
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Dual Core Processor - It's amazing really that these processors are still around and at this price level. Fantastic processor, it sells at $167.99 with free shipping.
- Intel Core 2 Q9550 Quad Core Processor - An absolutely lovely processor this one, the Yorkfield based 9550 runs at 2.83 GHz and is now selling for $229.99
- Intel Core i7 I7-920 Quad Core Processor - Looks like Core i7 prices are starting rise a little again, the cheapest in the Core i7 clan is the 920, it oozes performance though. Right now prized at $313.70
NVIDIA GeForce ForceWare 190.38 Win XP|Vista|7 driver released
This is a is a new official beta driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series desktop GPUs and ION GPUs.
New in Release 190.38
- Adds support for OpenGL 3.1
- Adds support for CUDA 2.3 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications. See CUDA Zone for more details.
- Adds a new user-controlled power management setting for GeForce 9-series and later graphics cards. This option allows users to set a performance level for each DirectX or OpenGL application.
- Includes several new control panel features and numerous bug fixes. More information can be found in the release documentation.
- Supports Microsoft
Corsair P128 SSD review
I say dear Sir, let's meet the Corsair P128, have a look at the photo and then head on over to the next page where we'll startup an in-depth look at this dazzling little storage unit.
Check out the full Guru3D review right here.
Auzentech Bulletin: Limited Release of White R-4 Case
The specifications of all R-4 Bulldozer PC Cases include the following:
- Middle Tower ATX Case
- Patented Optical Disk Drive tray-up/down functionality
- USB 2.0 FPIO Support
- 92mm front fan, 120mm rear fan, 80mm Side Fan, optional 80mm bottom fan
- A distinctive industrial appearance
R-4 Bulldozer PC Cases are manufactured by leading Korean PC Case manufacturer GM Corporation, and distributed in the United States and Canada by Auzentech, Inc.
DFI shows Blood Iron G41-T33 Motherboard
DFI releases a new update in its LAN Party Blood Iron lineup. The motherboard is supposably overclocker-friendly and this model stays within a set budget.
The Blood Iron G41-T33 is a micro-ATX model and uses Intels G41 + ICH10 chipset. The LGA-775 socket is powered by a 3-phase circuit. There are two DDR2 DIMM slots, with support for dual-channel DDR2-1066 memory. The G41 northbridge packs an Intel GMA X4500 IGP. Expansion is care of one PCI-E x16, a PCI-E x1, and two PCI slots.
The southbridge provides four SATA II ports internally. 6-channel audio and gigabit Ethernet make for the rest of this product. The LAN Party G41-T33 is expected to retail for around US $90.
Windows 7 Upgrade deals going well
Microsoft began its' limited Windows 7 pre-order offer for UK customers (Windows 7 pre-order offer - US). which entails the Windows 7 upgrade deal for most european countries.
Microsoft will only be offering Windows 7 E in Europe, without Internet Explorer. Company officials confirmed that no upgrade versions are available so customers who purchase Windows 7 E using the pre-order offer will get full versions of Windows 7. The downside, users will need to clean install Windows 7 meaning you cannot use the copy to upgrade from Windows Vista or Windows XP. Microsoft's decision to remove Internet Explorer for European markets was due to the European Commission's ongoing concerns at Microsoft's IE integration.
Mozilla has posted a security warning for Firefox 3.5. The company says that the bug was discovered in the JIT java script compiler and disclosed publicly yesterday.
The vulnerability can be mitigated by disabling the JIT in the java script engine. To do so: Enter about :config in the browser's location bar. Type jit in the Filter box at the top of the config editor. Double-click the line containing java script .options.jit.content setting the value to false. Note that disabling the JIT will result in decreased java script performance and is only recommended as a temporary security measure.
Patriot Xporter Mini II USB
Patriot Memory announced the release of their Xporter Mini II USB.
Designed around today's advancing computer technology, the Mini II provides a lightweight, cap-less slider architecture that makes it portable and convenient. With its sleek design, the Mini II allows for easy plug and play across multiple platforms.
"Our Xporter Mini II is a novelty of ingenious design," says Eric Akerson, Patriot's Director of Marketing. "The Xporter Mini II, now available up to 16GB, is an affordable portable storage solution allowing users to be on the go and have the convenience of large data storage."
Route OClock concept router
Routers are seldom the most interesting thing to look at in the tech world, but all that could change if the FutureRouters Route O
Sapphire launches 2 GB Radeon 4890 Vapor-X
Sapphire technology has just announced a new variant of the SAPPHIRE HD 4890 Vapor-X sporting 2GB of onboard GDDR5 memory - offering users even more versatility from this series featuring SAPPHIRE Vapor-X cooling technology for quiet and cool operation.
Like the 1GB model announced at Computex last month, the SAPPHIRE HD 4890 Vapor-X 2GB model is a SAPPHIRE original design. It has SAPPHIRE
Seagate launches Fastest high Capacity Drive
Seagate is now shipping its technology-leading Cheetah15K.7 enterprise-class hard drives into the worldwide distribution channel. The Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 drive is available with the latest 6Gb/s SAS or 4Gb/s FC interfaces, and includes Seagate PowerTrim technology, which dynamically reduces power consumption. As the highest performing, highest capacity 3.5-inch mission critical hard drive with best-in-class reliability for Tier 1 environments, the Cheetah 15K.7 drive is ideal for a wide range of server and storage applications.
The Cheetah 15K.7 hard drive, delivers the industry
Mushkin Europa III SSDs with Samsung controller
Mushkin has introduced the Europa III solid state disk series, the first model features 250GB MLC flash memory and uses the Samsung S3C29RBB SSD controller. This SSD promises read speeds of up to 220MB/s and write speeds of up to 200MB/s. Pricing and availability is unknown.
This 250 GB SSD is of the standard 2.5 inch form-factor, it uses the standard SATA II interface. The drive maintains a low power draw of 0.15W when idling, and 0.25W when active. It has its MTBF rated at one million hours. The drive comes packed in a fancy aluminum case.
ASUS T1 LCD displays feature integrated TV tuner
Logitech announces four speakers with 360-degree sound
Unlike standard PC speakers that use forward-firing drivers, the four new Logitech multimedia speaker systems feature 360-Degree Sound, or omnidirectional acoustics, which creates a substantially wider sweet spot
MSI R4890 Cyclone SOC launched
MSI now has officially announced their new R4890 Cyclone SOC, which brings ATI
Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz surfaces for £ 177.30
Now that's a lot of performance for little money. The newest addition Phenom II X4 965 which still needs to be released officially and is clocked at 3.4GHz surfaced in some stores as pre-order. Its product code is HDZ965FBGIBOX.
You can preorder one here and being the cheapest onelisted at