Assassin's Creed 2 Clip
A new video was launched by way of Ubisoft for Assassin's Creed 2 introduces us to Ezio
Gigabyte Odin PLUS 700W PSU review
We'll have a look at Gigabyte's Odin series of power supplies. An updated version, the new PLUS model. Being Guru3D we did opt the higher wattage model. It's called the Odin Plus 700 Watt power supply. A fairly standard power supply, yet with some extra horsepower, should you need it. Advertised as a SLI ready and certified product that comes with a 80+ Bronze certification for it's efficiency. What's special is that Gigabyte designed their own board layout, four 12 volts rails, uses solid capacitors to market it in their ultra durable product segment and as such hope to bring you a nice and long lasting product.
You can read this article right here.
Xfire Launches Steam Competitor
The market for online game stores is booming. Sales figures from Steam and Direct2Drive prove this beyond a doubt. Therefore, it doesn't really surprise that others are trying to enter that market as well. The latest competitor to enter the arena is the Xfire game store.
Founded in 2002 by Dennis Fong, Max Woon, David Lawee, and Mike Cassidy Xfire started as a free IM service and game server browser for gamers around the world and currently has more than 14 million registered users.
"Xfire is a free application that combines multiple gaming tools into one powerful tool to alleviate the need to run multiple different gaming related programs. For instance, Xfire allows you to chat with your friends, see what games they are playing, what servers they are playing on and join them instantly with one click. Xfire also allows you to show off your gaming skills by capturing screenshots and videos and uploading them to your Profile page on the Xfire website."
Here is how it works:Buy your game and get a personal license
- Buy your games online in complete security (128 bit SSL encryption)
- Get your personal download links and activation codes via e-mail
- Get links and codes for all your games at any time from your account
- Download your game as many times as you need to
- Of course, you can always save a backup of your game onto a DVD or a hard drive
- You can uninstall and re-install your game on the same PC as many times as you may need to.
- You can automatically activate your game on any number of PCs within reason.
- The number of automatic activations varies between games depending on the game publisher's DRM policies. If you reach this number, it can easily be reset by our customer support
- A license system that is both modern and legal
- The ease of playing your game without a CD or DVD in your drive
- The security of being able to re-download and re-install the game any time you want
- Fast and free delivery
- Customer support available 7 days a week to help with any queries (firstname.lastname@example.org)
25 Million USD for Left 4 Dead 2 Ad Campaign
While for some game developers $25 million USD is the budget for the whole game, Valve plans to spend this sum "just" for its advertising campaign for Left 4 Dead 2 alone.
Aggressive use of TV commercials, online and print ads are a few examples which you can expect to see in the upcoming months. While the marketing for the first Left 4 Dead title cost about $10 million USD, Valve more than doubles it for the second installment and expects it to be the fastest-selling product in Valve's history:
"Based on the strength of pre-orders, Left 4 Dead 2 will be the fastest-selling product in Valve's history," commented Valve president Gabe Newell. "Left 4 Dead 2 has consistently run at 300 per cent of Left 4 Dead's numbers."
"The game has already set a record for the greatest number of pre-orders in the company's history, marketing vice president Doug Lombardi added, who pointed out the game still has one month to go before it ships."
Intel researchers working on self tuning CPU
By using some of die space, Intel's engineers are able to do way with some of the methods used today in processor binning. Intel will still choose the best silicon for more expensive processors but it can now do so without that incurring a power and frequency penalty due to the safety margins required. The processor will also automatically adjust itself when the user provides better cooling to the system, readjusting itself as needed when temperatures get warmer during the summer, without any need of user intervention.
EA Launches Six More Titles on Steam
Electronic Arts today released six more titles on the distribution platform, including DICE's classic multiplayer shooter Battlefield 2. Sadly, there's no discount to celebrate the new arrivals, which Steam is known to do from time to time. The new additions are:
- Battlefield 2: Complete Collection - $29.99
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising - $19.99
- The Godfather - $9.99
- The Godfather 2 - $39.99
- Medal of Honor: Airborne - $9.99
- Need for Speed: Shift - $49.99
Mimo Mini USB Monitor
You're looking for a small and lightweight additional screen for your laptop while on the road? You can't afford to buy the new graphic card from ATI that offers Eyefinity and already have two full size monitors in use but still would like to have a separate screen for your IM app?
Then this 7 inch USB monitor from Mimo might be the right thing for you. It's powered through a simple USB connection which it also serves as the display cable. It weighs only 1.3 pounds, has a resolution of 800 x 400, and currently comes in four different models: the iMo Pivot, the 710-S, the 720-S Touch, and the 740 Touch.
Other product features include:
- Small monitor runs completely off of USB, giving you an extra mini display whenever and wherever you need it.
- No extra power needed. The Mimo monitor is powered by USB.
- No extra video card. The Mimo has a built in video card that runs over any USB 2.0 connection.
- Rotating Portrait or Landscape view. Go vertical for notes and spreadsheets, horizontal to watch a movie.
- Great for laptop use. The Mimo stores easily in your bag and is ready to go simply by plugging it in
- 740 Model offers touchscreen abilities for control with a finger or stylus
- Mac and Windows driver support (intel Mac only). Additional drivers required for touchscreen use of the 740 monitor on Mac OS.
- Display size - 7"
- Display resolution - 800 x 480
- Brightness - 350 cd/m2
- Contrast ratio - 400:1
- Connections - USB 2.0
Prices range from $129.99 for the iMo Pivot up to $229.99 for the 720-S Slider Touch.
Corsair TX950W PSU launches
Corsair is well known in the computer enthusiast community for its line of RAM and SSDs. The company also makes a full line of flash drives and power supplies for computers as well. Today Corsair has announced a new PSU in its TX-series called the TX950W.
As you might guess from the product name, the PSU has 950 watts of power and it is guaranteed to sustain its full rated wattage at ambient temperatures of 50C. The PSU promises to be up to 85% energy efficient under real-world load conditions. A large single +12V rail provides up to 78A.
The PSU is also multiple GPU ready and uses 105C solid-state capacitors. Other features of the PSU include active PFC with a PF value of 0.99. Corsair supports ATX 12V 2.3 and EPS12V 2.91 standards and the PSU is backwards compatible with ATX12V 2.01 as well. The PSU is available for purchase now online.
EVGA Precision v1.8.1
This program allows you to fine tune your GeForce graphics card for the maximum performance possible, with Core/Shader/Memory clock tuning, real time monitoring support including in-game, Logitech Keyboard LCD Display support, and compatibility with almost all EVGA (and other) graphics cards.
EVGA Precision v1.8.1 (10-06-2009)
- Added NVIDIA GeForce G210, GT220 and GT240 series graphics cards support.
- EVGA On-Screen Display Server has been updated to version 3.5.0. Floating injection address hooking technology, which has been introduced in the previous version, is now disabled by default and can be enabled via the "Stealth mode" option in the server's properties.
- Added hotkeys cross-links checking, Precision no longer allows defining the same hotkey for two different actions at the same time.
- Added "Browse" button to "Screen capture" tab to allow users to change target folder for screenshots.
- Added inegration with external overclocking stability testing applications.
NVIDIA nForce 15.51 WHQL Windows 7 and Vista
Download nForce 15.51 WHQL Windows 7 and Vista 32-bit. Nvidia released a new nforce driver ver 15.51 whql for Windows Vista and Windows 7.
nForce 7 series:
790i Ultra SLI, 780i SLI, 790i SLI, 750i SLI.
nForce 6 series:
680a SLI, 680i LT SLI, 650i Ultra, 680i SLI, 650i SLI.
nForce 5 series:
570 SLI AMD, 550, 590 SLI Intel, 590 SLI AMD, 570 SLI Intel, 570 Ultra AMD, 560.
- Ethernet Driver (v73.14) WHQL
- Network Management Tools (v73.16) "Sedona"
- SATA IDE Driver (v220.127.116.11) WHQL
- SATA RAID Driver (v18.104.22.168) WHQL
- RAIDTOOL Application (v22.214.171.124)
- SMBUS Driver (v4.74) WHQL
- SMU Driver (v1.71) WHQL
- Installer (v7.57)
- Audio Driver (v1.00.00.59)
PhotoSketch Software Transforms Sketch Into Photo
Tao Chen, Ming-Ming Cheng, Ping Tan, Ariel Shamir, and Shi-Min Hu, students at Tsinghua University and National University of Singapore created a truly amazing piece of software that transforms the outlines of a sketch you draw into an almost perfect photograph.
The web site presenting the software and allowing people to experiment with it crashed under the enormous traffic it faced. Besides the opportunity to play with the algorithm on the site, it also provided the binary code for the image filtering scheme, a PDF showing intermediate results and comparisons, and high resolution compositions and detailed statistics of the user studies in another PDF.
I guess, the next best thing to playing with the software itself is to watch a video of it in action until it is online again:
Ubisoft Acquires TrackMania Developer Nadeo
In a press release Ubisoft announced the acquisition of "development studio Nadeo, creator of TrackMania, the cult multiplayer car racing video game:"
"The acquisition of Nadeo is an important step in our expansion within the on-line gaming sector", said Yves Guillemot, Chief Executive Officer of Ubisoft.
Microsoft Research Presents Multitouch Mice at UIST
This year's UIST (ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology), currently taking place in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada from October 4th until October 7th, "brings together researchers and practitioners from diverse areas that include traditional graphical & web user interfaces, tangible & ubiquitous computing, virtual & augmented reality, multimedia, new input & output devices, and CSCW."
One of it's main sponsors, Microsoft Research, got some attention yesterday for their presentation of working prototypes of a new family of multitouch mice. The five prototypes include:
- FTIR (Frustrated Total Internal Reflection) Mouse
- Side Mouse
- Orb Mouse
- Arty Mouse
- Cap Mouse
Das Keyboard Ultimate S shipping for $129
Das Keyboard has introduced the Ultimate S, this redesigned keyboard with mechanical key switches features a USB 2.0 hub, extra-long 2 meter USB cable, and N-Key rollover to allow up to 6 keys to be pressed simultaneously. You can get it at the company's website for $129.
Well, the mechanical Ultimate S -- an updated model which has just surfaced -- is just as tactile and noisy as all the other models, but it's also got a few added features, including two USB ports, an external PS / 2 adapter, plus full 'n' key rollover with PS / 2. The board is also KVM switch compatible, and of course, the keys are still blank.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 'Infamy' Trailer
Thousands of Hotmail users hacked
A-DATA SH93 HDD is 1M 30 minutes waterproof
A-DATA introduced the SH93, a new portable HDD for heavy duty users. This model is shock proof and sustains 1M waterproof test for 30 minutes. Incorporating rubber-plastic mix and special cushion materials, the SH93 sustains 1M waterproof test for 30 minutes and military standard MIL-STD-810F drop test. The MIL-STD-810 test addresses a broad range of environmental conditions to generate confidence in the overall durability of a system design. With the USB cable cord tucking into the slit that goes around the side of the HDD, the SH93 is beautifully designed with finish paint in racing car yellow. It is easy for users to conveniently carry around massive documents without the fear of damaging files stored in the HDD in the incident of accidental drop or water spills.
The portable HDD has become the most important storage device for road warriors, students, even ordinary individuals in this digital era. With the ever increasing amount of photos, music, video files, and data, the need for high-capacity HDD with extreme durability is constantly expanding. Capacity available in 250GB, 320GB, 500GB, and 640GB, the SH93 offers maximum shock tolerance and greatest possible chance of data survival if the storage device is accidentally dropped on the floor or in the water.
Inno3D GeForce GTX295 iChill liquid cooled review
Inno3D has released GeForce GTX 295 iChill. This card has a single GTX 295 PCB with a shiny cute single-slot waterblock. The product name will be Inno3D GeForce GTX 295 iChill Black Series and it's going to be one exclusive product to find in the stores I'm afraid, but we managed to get a sample into our lab.
The GeForce GTX295 iChill edition comes pre-overclocked and is stuffed with a sweet game-bundle that will make your ears wiggle a little bit, it's a product that in most scenario's is faster than a Radeon HD 5870 as the the GTX 295 packs 480 Processing Cores and 1792MB of GDDR3 memory and has its clock frequencies set on 600 MHz on the graphics core, 1242 MHz on the shader domain and 2160 MHz on the memory.
Check out this Guru3D article right here.