GeForce Forceware 270.51 released
This is the first release from the Release 270 family of drivers (versions 270.xx to 274.xx).
This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs. This driver package also includes the 3D Vision Controller driver.
New in Release 270.51
- Adds support for the newly released GeForce GTX 590, GeForce GTX 560 Ti and GeForce GTX 550 Ti GPUs.
- Increases performance for GeForce 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. v266.58 WHQL drivers. The following are examples of some of the most significant improvements measured on Windows 7. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
GeForce GTX 580:
- Up to 516% in Dragon Age 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF Very High, SSAO on)
- Up to 326% in Dragon Age 2 (1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF Very High, SSAO on)
- Up to 11% in Just Cause 2 (1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 11% in Just Cause 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 7% in Civilization V (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 6% in Far Cry 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 5% in Civilization V (SLI 1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 5% in Left 4 Dead 2 (1920x1200 noAA/AF, Outdoor)
- Up to 5% in Left 4 Dead 2 (SLI 2560x1600 4xAA/16xAF, Outdoor)
- Up to 4% in H.A.W.X. 2 (SLI 1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 4% in Mafia 2 (SLI 2560x1600 AA on/16xAF, PhysX = High)
GeForce GTX 560 Ti:
- Up to 461% in Dragon Age 2 (SLI 1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Very High)
- Up to 241% in Dragon Age 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Very High)
- Up to 19% in Just Cause 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 13% in Just Cause 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 6% in Far Cry 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 5% in Call of Duty: Black Ops (1920x1200 noAA/AF, Jungle Map)
- Up to 5% in H.A.W.X. 2 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 4% in Call of Duty: Black Ops (SLI 2560x1600 4xAA/16xAF, Jungle Map)
- Up to 4% in Civilization V (1920x1200 noAA/AF, Max settings)
- Up to 4% in Left 4 Dead 2 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Outdoor)
- Up to 4% in Metro 2033 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, PhysX on)
- This is a new feature in Release 270 and later drivers. NVIDIA Update keeps your PC up-to-date with the latest NVIDIA drivers by notifying you when a new driver is available and directing you to the driver on www.nvidia.com. When you install a Release 270 or later GeForce driver from www.nvidia.com, you will be presented with the option to install NVIDIA Update. Click here to learn more about NVIDIA Update.
NVIDIA 3D Vision
- With Release 270 drivers, the 3D Vision Controller driver is now included with all GPU driver installations. This driver package includes v270.47 3D Vision Controller driver. Users are no longer required to install a separate 3D Vision Controller driver or CD driver. For more information, please view this knowledgebase article for more information.
- New features added to 3D Vision window mode
- Adds support for HDMI 1.4 3D TVs when using 3DTV Play software, including DirectX 9 games, Google Earth, and 3DVisionLive.com.
- 3D Vision window mode now works with Windows Aero enabled
- New NVIDIA Control Panel option to toggle 3D Vision window mode on or off.
- Performance improvements
- DirectX 9 applications when using NVIDIA SLI
- Better performance using the in-game crosshair for Half-life 2, Left4Dead, and Left4Dead2
- Adds support for new 3D Vision Desktop LCD monitors: Tongfang LM2230W
- Adds support for new 3D Vision projectors: Acer X1261P, Acer X1261-3D, DepthQ HDs3D-1, NEC NP-V300X, Sanyo PDG-DXL2000
- Fixed problem with DLP HDTVs and SLI which caused problems with eye synchronization
- Add support for new 3D Vision All In One PCs: Acer Aspire Z5673, Lenovo B520
- Added the following 3D Vision game profiles:
- Alice Madness Returns
- Crysis 2 (including multi-player demo)
- Dead Space 2
- Dragon Age II
- Duke Nukem Forever
- Dungeon Defenders
- Dungeon Siege III
- Fable III
- Faxion Online
- Final Fantasy XIV
- Homefront (DirectX 9 and DirectX 10)
- Lego Universe
- Need for Speed World
- Portal 2
- Richard Burns Rally
- Section 8: Prejudice
- Shift 2 Unleashed
- Shogun 2: Total War
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures
- Test Drive Unlimited 2
- The Sims Medieval
- Updated the following 3D Vision game profiles
- MX vs. ATV Reflex
- Monster Hunter Frontier Benchmark
Triple monitor gaming on GeForce GTX 590 and Radeon 6990
We test gaming on three monitors with the GeForce GTX 590 and Radeon 6990. We take the monitor resolution up towards 5760x1200, check out game performance yet also try out quad GPU gaming as we place both cards in SLI and CrossfireX. So for both AMD and NVIDIA that means chucking up quad GPU performance and compatibility.
We'll take three 1920x1200 Dell 24" monitors, configure them in a 5760x1200 pixel resolution on both products and fire off a dozen of games at that resolution with superior image quality settings.
Check out the article right here.
Corsair 2000MHz Vengeance High-Performance DDR3 Memory Kits
Corsair announced the availability of 2000MHz versions of the award-winning Vengeance family of DDR3 memory.
The new 2000MHz kits are equipped with aluminum heat spreaders anodized in Jet Black. They join the 1600MHz Vengeance DDR3 memory kits, which are available in either Jet Black or Cerulean Blue, and the 1866MHz Vengeance DDR3 kit, available in Jet Black.
"Our new 2000MHz Vengeance memory is perfect for PC gamers and enthusiasts, as well as systems integrators who value the outstanding overclockability of the Vengeance family, and are looking for even more speed." said Thi La, Vice President of Memory Products at Corsair. "They're a great choice for anyone looking to make the most of their high-performance system."
The 2000MHz kits, and the entire Vengeance family of DDR3 memory, are compatible with all current Intel and AMD platforms. They will initially be available in the following configurations:
Corsair Vengeance memory kits, including the new 2000MHz versions, are available immediately from Corsair's worldwide network of resellers and distributors.
OCZ finalizes acquisition of Indilinx
OCZ Technology announced it has finalized its acquisition of Indilinx Co., Ltd, a privately-held fabless provider of flash controller semiconductors and firmware for SSDs.
Indilinx provides a line of flash controllers to SSD manufacturers and OEMs across the server, embedded and industrial product sub-segments, as well as laptop and PC markets. Indilinx controllers have been integrated within certain OCZ products since December 2008, and are currently utilized in a number of OCZ SSDs including the enterprise class Z-Drive R2 PCI-Express SSD Series.
Pursuant to the Indilinx share purchase agreement, OCZ has acquired, among other things, approximately 20 patents and patent applications related exclusively to Indilinx's flash controller business. Approximately 45 Indilinx employees will join OCZ, including Indilinx's co-founders Bumsoo Kim and Hyun Mo Chung, each of whom serve as Indilinx's CEO and CTO, respectively. OCZ intends to continue supplying Indilinx controller semiconductor and firmware-based solutions to current Indilinx customers, which include OEMs and NAND flash manufacturers, in addition to further integrating Indilinx controllers into OCZ's SSD products.
Inclusive of Indilinx, OCZ expects its revenue for fiscal year ending February 28, 2012 (FY 2012) to be in the range of $300−$330 million, an increase of approximately 60%−75% from an estimated $189 million in its fiscal year ended February 28, 2011 (FY 2011).
As a result of the acquisition, OCZ expects its gross margin to increase by 2%−4% within 12 months of closing. Gross margins are expected to increase due to increased sales of controller products (which generally have gross margins in the 50%−60% range) as well as integration of Indilinx controllers into a greater range of OCZ products in the 12 months post acquisition. The Indilinx acquisition is expected to become accretive towards the end of FY 2012.
As stated in the press release dated March 7, 2011, OCZ expects to report revenue for the fourth quarter of FY 2011 of approximately $64 million, an increase of nearly 100% over the fourth quarter of fiscal year ended February 28, 2010. Preliminary GAAP operating loss for the fourth quarter of FY 2011 is expected to be in the range of $1.6
Genius Wireless MousePen M508W tablet
Genius introduced the MousePen M508W, a wireless tablet for graphics designers. It will retail for around $149.
Genius, a leading manufacturer of computer peripherals, today releases its MousePen M508W in the USA and Canada. A 5
Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR2 and DDR3
Lexar Mediaintroduced the Crucial Ballistix Sport memory series designed to provide mainstream users, gamers, and general PC enthusiasts with a reliable, no-hassle gaming experience. The new Crucial Ballistix Sport memory supports today's latest AMD and Intel platforms, including 2nd Generation Intel Core processor (formerly codenamed Sandy Bridge) technology. It also features a stylish new heat spreader design, along with standard timings and voltages, providing maximum memory stability and system compatibility. Additionally, industry-standard specifications require little or no BIOS configuration, resulting in easy product installation.
"Over the years, Crucial Ballistix memory has earned a reputation amongst gamers and enthusiasts as high-quality, high-performance, reliable memory," said Jeremy Mortenson, senior product manager. "The Crucial Ballistix Sport series offers casual gamers an accessible, easy-to-use Ballistix memory product at an affordable price. This new Ballistix offering is part of our broader product strategy and a commitment to satisfy the needs of our customers."
Available in popular speeds and densities in both DDR2 and DDR3 technologies, the affordably priced Crucial Ballistix Sport series is backed by a limited-lifetime warranty.
Gigabyte Aivia M8600 wireless gaming mouse
Gigabyte is proud to extend its Aivia peripheral series with M8600 Wireless Macro Gaming Mouse. The first product from GIGABYTE
AMD Catalyst 11.3 releases
This article provides information on the latest posting of AMD
FAH releases V7 For Public Beta Testing
Single client for normal (Uniprocessor), SMP (Multiple CPUs) and GPU (Graphics Processors) folding.
Brings support for running FahCore_16 on HD 5000 Series or higher. Please note that the FahCore_16 will be released to the public soon (Details).
Improved Windows installer with support for Windows XP, Vista, 2008 and Windows 7.
64-bit OS-X install package. (32-bit in the works).
Debian/Ubuntu and RedHat/Fedora/CentOS 32-bit and 64-bit Linux packages.
Low priority background operation has very little impact on your computers usability. You should hardly notice Folding@home is running when using other applications.
A more compatible and stable 3D protein viewer with several view modes, rotation, zoom, online help and interpolated protein animations.
Ability to monitor, configure and control many remote folding clients from a single computer.
Do remember that the Guru3D Team number is 69411. Good luck Beta Testing the V7 F@H Client :)
Guru3D Rig of the Month - March 2011
The build of March 2011 is just simple and nice, Meet Ant Cook aka Outrance, who works as System Administrator. He has an awesome PC build, very nice.
With a selection of some quality components he started building his all liquid cooled RIG. A top notch build, worthy of being Guru3D's Rig of the Month March 2011.
Check out his rig right here.
Intel SSD 320 series offers 25nm NAND
Reported two weeks ago already, but Intel officially introduced its SSD 320 series. This lineup offers 25nm NAND flash memory and ships in capacities from 40GB to 600GB.
Based on its industry-leading 25-nanometer (nm) NAND flash memory, the Intel SSD 320 replaces and builds on its high-performing Intel
Dreamworld graphics engine gets server-side PhysX support
NVIDIA announced that Funcom's Dreamworld 2.5, a leading game engine for massively multiplayer online games (MMOs), is the first game to incorporate server-side NVIDIA PhysX technology.
This implementation into Dreamworld Engine 2.5 results in more than a doubling in the speed-of in-game physics processing vs. traditional client-side PhysX technology, delivering realistic collision effects within the online gaming environments.
Dreamworld 2.5 currently powers two of the world's most popular MMOs: Age of Conan and Anarchy Online, with a third, the Secret World, currently in development. The updated Dreamworld Engine 2.5 with server side PhysX is now live in Age of Conan.
"We are excited to be working closely with NVIDIA to integrate PhysX technology into our Dreamworld 2.5 engine," said Rui Casais, chief technology officer at Funcom. "Server-side collision using PhysX will allow us to add a new level of realism to our online worlds, and we look forward to implementing other enhancements as well, including NVIDIA APEX clothing and destruction, to make our games even more interactive and immersive."
Continued Casais: "We are also proud to today launch a fully rewritten render engine for Age of Conan, yielding major performance increase on high-end systems and enabling several new visual features for lower end machines. We've been collaborating closely with NVIDIA in continuously improving the quality of the Dreamworld Render engine, resulting in fully new effects such as shader-based anti-aliasing techniques now being implemented in Age of Conan. The launch of the new engine is a major milestone towards the high requirements for visual performance in virtual adventures required for The Secret World."
NVIDIA PhysX technology is the world's most pervasive physics solution for designing real-time, real-world effects into interactive entertainment titles. While the NVIDIA PhysX development environment gives developers unprecedented control over the look of their final in-game interactivity, NVIDIA APEX technology takes PhysX technology content creation to the next level. With APEX, artists can create intricate physics enabled environments: they can expand the quantity and visual quality of destructible objects; make smoke and other particle-based fluids integral to game play; and create life-like clothing that interacts with the character's body to achieve more realism in their games.
Available across all major gaming platforms, including PC, Xbox360, PLAYSTATION 3, Nintendo Wii , iOS (including iPhone, iPod, and iPad), OSX, Linux, and Android (including NVIDIA Tegra
Kingston firmware fixes serious technical issue in SSDNow V100 series
Kingston has issued a firmware update for its SSDNow V100 solid state disk series that resolves a technical issue which could result in drive failure. You can download it here.
SV100S2/64GZ, SV100S2D/64GZ, SV100S2N/64GZ
SV100S2/128GZ, SV100S2D/128GZ, SV100S2N/128GZ
SV100S2/256GZ, SV100S2N/256GZ, SV100S2N/256GZ
SV100S2/64G, SV100S2D/64G, SV100S2N/64G
SV100S2/128G, SV100S2D/128G, SV100S2N/128G
SV100S2/256G, SV100S2N/256G, SV100S2N/256G
We have discovered a technical issue with our SSDNow V100 which could result in drive failure. While we have observed this issue in only a small percentage of drives, Kingston strongly recommends that a firmware update be applied to all V100 drives to prevent possible failure.
The firmware update to fix the technical issue is available via Kingston Technical Support. As with any firmware update, we recommend that you back up your data prior to applying the firmware revision.
EK GeForce GTX 590 waterblocks
Next to Danger Den EK also reveals GeForce GTX 590 watercooling blocks, both offers a nickel-plated copper design but one has an acrylic top while the other one offers an acetal top. They're available on the company's website for 124.96EUR and 129.95EUR, respectively.
Base is made of nickel plated electrolytic copper. New cooling engine involves thin fins cut into copper, providing extreme cooling performance and excellent flow over both GPUs.
Top is made of quality cast acrylic material or black POM Acetal material. The sealing is preformed by quality rubber washers withstanding temperature range from 0 up to +80 degrees Celsius. Block is mounted with enclosed M3x8mm DIN7985 screws.
Fittings can be used on both side of the block (up and down) and 2 plugs are enclosed. Have a look, click the thumbnails.
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Announced
Capcom today officially announced that Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is in development for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
Today we're officially confirming Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. In addition, we can also confirm that Resident Evil: The Mercenaries will ship with a playable demo of Resident Evil: Revelations.
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City delivers a true third person team based shooter experience set within the dark and sinister Resident Evil universe and a reinterpretation of the events depicted in Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3. Zombies and Bio-Organic Weapons (B.O.W
MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 2 (2011-03-29)
We're happy to see MSI Afterburner is leading the overclock applications. MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 2 is ready, changes list includes:
- Updated Italian and Dutch localizations
- Updated MSI On-Screen Display server:
- Improved bitrate calculation in AVI file headers
- Fixed issue causing corrupted audio recording on certain combinations of audio sampling rates and video framerates (e.g. 48000Hz audio and 45 FPS video)
- Improved audio stream start implementation. Initial silence audio frames are now being physically stored in AVI file instead of defining non-zero audio stream start in AVI file header for better compatibility with some AVI editing tools
- Improved audio and video streams synchronization under Windows Vista and newer operating systems. Long periods of audio silence are no longer causing audio and video streams to run out of sync
- Now the server is waiting for 3 seconds before actually starting desktop video capture after switching Aero Glass interface off to avoid seeing interface switching progress on resulting video
- Fixed issue causing desktop video capture requests to be ignored after single desktop video capture session under certain conditions
To enable unofficial overclocking in this version it is necessary to:
- Set UnofficialOverclockingEULA field to the following text: I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
- Set UnofficialOverclockingMode to 1 to keep PowerPlay active (may not work on old ASICs), 2 to traditionally disable PowerPlay or to 0 to temporary disable unofficial overclocking path
Corsair SP2500 speaker review
Armed with a phat sub, two satellite speakers and a very dandy LCD control DSP unit we'll today have a look at that Corsair Gaming Audio SP2500 speaker kit. It definitely surprised us away in terms of audio quality.
It is an easy to use and easy to setup kit. The control pod / DSP is the cherry on top of the cake. The speaker audio quality really is extremely good with much clarity, great mid tones and a deep, although not perfect bass provided by the subwoofer. In pale comparison to you average desktop speaker kit, this set is a mile and half away in terms of better quality and sheer capacity.
Check out the full review here.
Danger Den GeForce GTX 590 Waterblock
Danger Den released a waterblock for the GTX 590, dubbed the DD-GTX590.
The full-coverage block is made using a copper base and a smoked acrylic top and should be compatible with all the GTX 590 models that follow Nvidia's reference printed circuit board (PCB) layout. The waterblock is designed so that it would cover not only the two GF110 GPUs, but also the memory, VRM and I/O chips and should provide additional stiffness to the card as it packs some specially designed PCB contact pads.
Pricing has been established at $119.95 and the DD-GTX590 is currently in stock on the company's website.