Intel announces 510 Series SSDs
The 510 series is being aimed at
PC game releases week Feb 28 March 7
This week sees the release of the second expansion for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II and Trion Worlds
Radeon HD 6990 Photo's Teaser
As you may know, AMD will be launching its next-generation flagship graphics product very soon
ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II SLI review
They customized the graphics card itself, overclocked it, allow even more tweaking and to top it off, they placed a three slot wide cooling solution on it. heck let's test two of these in an SLI setup. You can check out the entire article right here.
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 580 Super Overclock
GIGABYTE introduces a powerful new addition to its Super Overclock Series: GTX 580 SOC (GV-N580SO-15I). To qualify for Super Overclock Series, a GPU must go through GIGABYTE
MSI P67A-GD80 B3 Motherboard
MSI has released the latest board to support Inte's Sandy Bridge processors and aimed towards enthusiasts: the P67A-GD80 (B3) mainboard. Utilizing MSI's various P67's exclusive specifications and technologies, such as the Military Class II Components standard which symbolizes high quality and stability, the comprehensive OC Genie II one-touch overclocking system, the uEFI-based ClickBIOS technology, and the SuperCharger function that provide mobile devices with the optimal charging. It also has a built in 12 phase DrMOS power supply and 3 sets of PCI-E x16 2.0 expansion slots, providing a more stable power supply for overclocking and for support up to a maximum of three-way multi-GPU computing.
Military Class II Components
Zalman USB3.0 External H.D.D. enclosure series
Zalman is pleased to introduce its brand new USB3.0 External H.D.D. enclosure series.
New ZM-HE250 U3, ZM-HE350 U3 and ZM-HE350 U3E will make even largest files transfer possible with Ultra fast speed of 5Gbps.
As long as Motherboard supports USB3.0, then you can enjoy the cutting edge USB3.0 Speed with these new External H.D.D. Enclosures. In addition, elegant design looks would differentiate them from existing products in the market.
Apart from these new models, we will also release ZM-PC302 U3 PCI-e card to sever many users without USB3.0 port on their system. Regardless of any system you have, once it has PCI-e 1X slot, you just install our ZM-PC302 U3 on to your system to boost up your file transfer rate with ZM-HE250 U3 / HE350 U3 / HE350 U3E.
ZM-HE250 U3 / ZM-HE350 U3 / ZM-HE350 U3E
- USB3.0 Super speed � Max 5Gbps transfer speed
Icy Dock MB974SP-B 4-bay SAtA backplane
Introducing the new face of Icy Dock screw-less technology, the MB974SP-B 4-in-3 SATA Backplane. This product allows the user to install 4 x 3.5
Intel Z68 chipset to launch in May
Intel's Z68 chipset has reportedly entered production. According to some hints the first motherboards based on this new chipset will hit the market in May. The Z68 is aimed at enthusiasts, the chipset itself costs about $8 more than the P67.
Intel has started production of their Z68 chipset this week along with other Cougar Point SKUs like H61 and Q65. All of them are based on the new B3 stepping therefore the SATA port 2-5 issue is fixed before they hit the market. Judging from the specs, it seems Intel has catered Z68 specially for enthusiasts which allows better processor overclocking, discrete graphics support and SSD caching capability. With these enhancements, Intel has priced the Z68 chipset some US$8 higher than the P67 counterpart. The launch for the Z68 chipset is slated for first week of May
F.E.A.R. 3 'Behind the Scenes: Tone' Trailer
Guru3D Rig of the Month - February 2011
The DIY build of February 2011 is just freakishly nice, Meet Brunel, who works in the French military force. He modified his PC very extreme, very nice.
It's all done and intended for himself and believe it or not, this is not some sort of showcase model for a company, a PC 100% for himself.
Oh and hey .. this is his first PC modification evah. Check it out right here.
MSI Radeon 6870 HAWK review
MSI is pre-overclocking this 1024MB HAWK model towards 930 MHz. And then there's the overclock potential, a new voltage regulation circuitry was embedded, allowing not only to play and tweak around with GPU voltages, nope ... they added voltage control for the memory and Auxilary/PLL voltage as well. We see a custom PCB with phase LEDs, voltage monitoring points, military class components and to put some icing on the cake, the all new TwinFrz III heatpipe cooler that is bound to bring good temperatures versus low noise levels.
Hot Stuffz in a good fashion ! Check out the Guru3D review right here.
A-DATA to debut 6Gbps SSD and new USB 3.0 devices
And A-Data joins the bandwagon as well, as they announced some of the new products it will show off at CeBIT. This includes the S102 USB 3.0 flash drive, the CH11 USB 3.0 HDD (pictured below), and the S511 SSD with SandForce's new SF-2200 controller.
Corsair SF-2200 SSDs at CeBIT
Corsair issued a press-release saying it will deonstrate SandForce SF-2000 based solid state disks at CeBIT. These new Force series SSDs promise read speeds of up to 520MB/s, write speeds as high as 500MB/s and up to 60,000 random 4k write IOPS.
Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced it will preview its new Force Series
AMD EU rebate program high-end Phenom Radeon combos
AMD has released a rebate program for customers in the UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands, you can access it at a new website named AMD Promotions.
Under the terms, buyers of high-end AMD hardware can receive a rebate of 25EUR (
Intel Thunderbolt (aka Light Peak) at 10Gbps bandwidth
Intel has announced its Light Peak technology as "Thunderbolt". This new connection technology offers a bandwidth of up to 10Gbps and will be available first on Apple's new line of MacBook Pro laptops and later on will find a way into PC gear.
Intel Corporation today announced the availability of Thunderbolt
Patriot debuts SandForce SF-2200 based Wildfire SSDs
Patriot shows their new Wildfire series solid state disks with the SandForce SF-2200 controller:
Patriot Memory, a global pioneer in high-performance memory, NAND flash, storage and enthusiast computer products, today announces the new Wildfire series solid-state drives powered by a new SandForce
New Steam Client Update
Valve released a new Steam client update, a pretty big one as well. To apply the update, click the File menu inside of Steam and then select 'Check for Steam Client Updates...'. New Features and UI updates:
* Added support for Steam Screenshots. Press F12 while in any game that runs the Steam Overlay to take screenshots, then publish them to your Steam Community profile, or anywhere else on the web. Each user is allotted 1 GB of Steam Cloud storage for screenshots.
Library Search capability and related navigation updates
* Added Search capability to the library for quick filtering of your list. Press Tab to move focus to and from the search field, press Esc to clear the search.
* Moved access to all library sub views (Games, Media Tools, Downloads, etc.) into the library's dropdown control
Voice quality improvements
* Changed microphone voice input from 11 kHz to 16 kHz
* Changed voice output from 8 kHz to 16 kHz
* Fixed the settings-dialog microphone test to correctly re-init the calibration client if the active voice device changes
* Reduced voice prefix buffer size from 200 to 100 ms, but increased trailing from 200 to 400 ms - reduces latency when transitioning from silence to active voice, but still should keep it from sounding like chat is cutting out mid-sentence
* Increased thresholds for voice activity detection, making it less sensitive
* Increased amount of gain applied to voice
* Changed disconnect message when a friend ends a voice call to ' has ended the call'
* Windows: Fixed microphone to reinitialize correctly if Windows signals that a device in the system has changed
* Windows: Changed voice output device for Steam to be the default communication device
* Added an option to display the client's URL address bar, and turned it off by default, given its limited utility
* Web views now include a "Copy Page URL" command in the context menu, to copy the page's web address to the clipboard
* Moved game invites from friends outside of the chat stream, into their own panel in the chat dialog for improved discoverability
* Added password strength meter to the Change Password wizard
* Added a prompt to choose a new password if you've recently had Steam Support change your password on your behalf
General bug fixes
* Fixed game invites not working from lobby-based games
* Fixed games not launching automatically after resolving a cloud conflict
* Fixed download rate sometimes erroneously reporting very high speeds
* Fixed a crash on startup or when viewing Games page
* Fixed client hang which could occur while hovering on links in any HTML-based display area
* Corrected check box states in the Friends window menu to properly remain in sync
* Fixed bug where some downloadable content was not downloaded until the client was restarted
* Fixed a rare and small, but steady memory leak caused by the Steam Overlay in some full screen D3D10/D3D11 games
* Mac OS X: Fixed a problem where attempting to resume a paused/interrupted download could always report