HIS Radeon HD 6450, 6570 and 6670 launched
HIS issued a press-release on their new Radeon HD 6450, 6570 and 6670 graphics cards.
TODAY, Hightech Information System (HIS) introduces its HIS 6670 Fan, 6570 Silence & 6450 Silence 1GB graphics cards, delivering a premium and reliable computing experience to our digital lifestyle and business PC users. The new models also make multimedia tasks easier with features like AMD App Acceleration, AMD HD3D and DirectX
Alienware M18x, M14x and enhanced M11x gaming laptops
Alienware announced three new mobile gaming systems; the M18x, the M14x and a revised edition of the M11x.
The two new faces in the Alienware laptop family, the upcoming M18x and the M14x, along with the new M11x, deliver unprecedented power to the gamer on the go. All three platforms offer the latest in gaming technology and feature second-generation Intel Core i processors to deliver the most immersive high-performance gaming experience imaginable. In particular:
The M18x will offer dual-graphics technology and the industry
Erase a CD With Electricity
No comments, just a fun watch .. :)
Call of Duty: Black Ops 'Escalation' DLC trailer
G Skill releases DDR3 2300MHz 8GB memory for P67 platform
Since the demand of big capacity memory has grown dramatically, G.Skill R&D team has been dedicated to develop the fastest and best performing products based on 4GB memory sticks continuously. Following the marvelous achievement of DDR3 1900MHz 48GB and DDR3 2200MHz 16GB kits, G.Skill once again pushed the memory speed further and developed the industry leading memory kit. The DDR3 2300MHz CL9 kit has passed a series of rigorous tests and guarantees the best stability and performance.
SilverStone RAVEN RV03B-W Chassis
The RAVEN team's continued push to redefine and perfect the enthusiast tower chassis has resulted in yet another benchmark in the RAVEN RV03. With world-class cooling performance from the previous RAVEN chassis models retained by the included 180mm Air Penetrator fans, a rethinking of the interior layout enabled dramatic reduction in overall depth of the chassis compared to RAVEN RV02 while still matching RAVEN RV01's ability to accommodate Extended ATX motherboard and graphics cards longer than 13 inches.
Cable management was also improved with a new 5cm thick hard drive compartment to allow nearly all cables to be connected behind the motherboard tray with ease. An unconventional power supply compartment located in the lower front part of the chassis further add to facilitate cable routing so anyone can assemble a pristine looking system with maximum airflow efficiency.
Complementing the finely tuned and engineered interior, the RV03 has champagne colored trimmings adorning an exterior with aggressive lines yet reserved profile. The stand out styling also fully utilizes the chassis's powerful cooling ability to full effect by a set of smartly designed, dual-purpose front bezels that helps to keep the RV03 looking sharp and uniform whether the user is setting up for maximum air cooling or for a silencing build.
As a trend-setter and a computer chassis engineering showcase, the RAVEN RV03 has few equals. However, its advanced features are equally accessible that anyone from experienced enthusiasts to novice users will find easy to appreciate and utilize, making RV03 the most appealing RAVEN chassis yet!
- Revolutionary 90 degree motherboard mounting from RAVEN RV01
- Includes two Air Penetrator 180mm fans for superb performance and quietness
- Support up to seven 120mm fans for exceptional cooling flexibility
- Motherboard back plate opening behind CPU area for quick cooler assembly
- Supports Extended ATX motherboard
- Supports eight expansion slots and graphics cards of any length
- Mandatory cable management design for clean looking system on every build
- Hard drive compartment with independent cooling zone
- Upscale and aggressive styling with dual-purpose front panel bezels
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3P-B3 motherboard surfaces
The colleagues over at TPU found some photos of Gigabyte's forthcoming Z68X-UD3P-B3 motherboard. It features 14-phase VRM with driver-MOSFETs, a hybrid-EFI BIOS, two PCIe x16 slots , four SATA 6Gbps ports, and four USB 3.0 ports. Launch is expected by early May.
"Expansion slots include two PCI-Express 2.0 x16 (electrical x8, x8 when both are populated), with 2-way NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX support. Storage connectivity includes four SATA 6 Gb/s (two from the Z68 PCH, two from a Marvell-made controller), and four internal SATA 3 Gb/s from the PCH. Other connectivity includes four USB 3.0 ports (two internal/by header), a number of USB 2.0 ports, FireWire, gigabit Ethernet, and 8-channel HD audio".
Meanwhile this motherboard already popped up in some asian stores.
Samsung might sell HDD business to Seagate
WSJ reports Samsung is considering to sell its loss-making HDD business and notes Seagate may be a potential buyer.
Samsung Electronics Co. is considering selling its money-losing hard-disk-drive business to raise cash to invest in new growth areas, according to a person familiar with the matter.
Samsung is looking to sell the unit for $1.5 billion, but it may consider a deal under $1 billion, the person said.
A potential buyer for the business is hard-disk maker Seagate Technology Inc., the person said.
Alpenföhn K2 processor cooler
Check out the Alpenf
Evercool Dr. Cool router cooler
OK -- too fun to not post. FAIL ?
Evercool rolls out Dr. Cool, the first cooling product for routers. The device clips to your router and offers cooling via a 80mm fan. Pricing and availability is unknown.
Guess what is it?
A crab? The tool for clip game? Or a small UFO?
No, all the above answers are wrong.
It is the new cooler launched by EVERCOOL, who is always driven by the coexistence of both cooling and aesthetics, but also emphasizing the usability.
What are the purposes of Dr. Cool?
Dr. Cool is the World
Rage Dead City Gameplay Video
A new video for id's RAGE is here, providing some gameplay from the 'Dead City' mission, in which you must take out a series of baddies (including one particularly large fella with a tentacle arm) and upgrade your defibrillator.
Currently confirmed only for North America, everyone who pre-orders Rage from participating retailers Gamestop, Amazon.com, Steam, and Direct-to-Drive will be automatically upgraded to the "Anarchy" edition.
- This special version includes four in-game items that won't be available elsewhere:
Double Barrel Shotgun: The classic id weapon, this time in a one-handed version
- Crimson Elite Armor: On exiting the Arc, players must don new armor for the wasteland. This special version combines all three attribute boosts of the individual armors otherwise available
- Fists of RAGE: a powerful melee weapon good for laying a wallop on mutants who get too close
- Rat Rod Buggy: a custom ride that replaces the standard issue buggy in the game
The Anarchy edition also includes the Wasteland sewer missions, an extra set of adventures that take place in a series of tunnels and old abandoned structures underground.
GeForce ForceWare 270.61 WHQL
This is the first WHQL-certified release from the Release 270 family of drivers (versions 270.xx to 274.xx). You can read more about this family of drivers on GeForce.com.
This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs. This driver package also includes the 3D Vision Controller driver.
New in Release 270.61
- Adds support for the newly released GeForce GTX 590, GeForce GTX 560 Ti and GeForce GTX 550 Ti GPUs.
- Increases performance for GeForce 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. v266.58 WHQL drivers. The following are examples of some of the most significant improvements measured on Windows 7. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
GeForce GTX 580:
- Up to 516% in Dragon Age 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF Very High, SSAO on)
- Up to 326% in Dragon Age 2 (1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF Very High, SSAO on)
- Up to 11% in Just Cause 2 (1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 11% in Just Cause 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 7% in Civilization V (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 6% in Far Cry 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 5% in Civilization V (SLI 1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 5% in Left 4 Dead 2 (1920x1200 noAA/AF, Outdoor)
- Up to 5% in Left 4 Dead 2 (SLI 2560x1600 4xAA/16xAF, Outdoor)
- Up to 4% in H.A.W.X. 2 (SLI 1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 4% in Mafia 2 (SLI 2560x1600 AA on/16xAF, PhysX = High)
GeForce GTX 560 Ti:
- Up to 461% in Dragon Age 2 (SLI 1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Very High)
- Up to 241% in Dragon Age 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Very High)
- Up to 19% in Just Cause 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 13% in Just Cause 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 6% in Far Cry 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 5% in Call of Duty: Black Ops (1920x1200 noAA/AF, Jungle Map)
- Up to 5% in H.A.W.X. 2 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
- Up to 4% in Call of Duty: Black Ops (SLI 2560x1600 4xAA/16xAF, Jungle Map)
- Up to 4% in Civilization V (1920x1200 noAA/AF, Max settings)
- Up to 4% in Left 4 Dead 2 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Outdoor)
- Up to 4% in Metro 2033 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, PhysX on)
Radeon HD 6670 review
We review the Radeon HD 6670. A small, cute and tiny product that has been released by AMD to address a sizable market.. Products that could be handy for desktop usage and hey now, it might sit mighty fine in a HTPC. Heck it even plays games quite well for the money.
Check out the full review right here.
ASUS Radeon 6970 DirectCU II review
Very few names in the graphics card industry have the balls to take a GPU and then redesign a completely new infrastructure around it. Amongst them ASUS as they took an Radeon HD 6970 GPU... and did just that. They designed a PCB around it, then used a rather sizable cooler and labeled the product EAH6970 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5.
Check out our full review right here.
Alpenfohn Heidi 2 GPU cooler
ASUS WAVI two-way HDMI streaming kit
ASUS has launched WAVI, the world
Battlefield 3 'My Life' Trailer
MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning review
They designed a new PCB loaded with features and overclock potential, slapped some really cool memory on the card and topped off that GPU with the all new Twin Frozr III cooler.
Check out the full review right here.