ARMA 3 Announced
Czech developer Bohemia Interactive has confirmed that a follow-up to its landmark military simulation game, ARMA 3, is in development. The announcement comes via the official website, which says the game will be based on a Mediterranean island and focus on NATO forces fighting Eastern armies. The game is currently slated for a 2012 release and will feature multiplayer, singlplayer, vehicles, customisable loadouts and an extensive editor for players to make their own content with.
Some of the key features of Arma 3 include:
- Single-Player Campaign - Evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.
- Vehicles & Weapons - Control a multitude of aircraft, vehicles and ships with accurate simulation; shoot anything from pistols to sophisticated weapon platforms.
- Physical Simulation & Improved Animations - Take advantage of PhysX supported vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.
- Rich & Authentic Environment - Explore an unsurpassed military combat experience set on an authentic Mediterranean island modelled from real geographic data.
- Multiplayer Gameplay - Experience both cooperative & competitive scenarios with the full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.
- Completely Extensible & Moddable - Design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.
- Customizable Soldier Load - Choose your uniform; assemble your weapon kit; change your load-out; get loaded up.
AMD Catalyst Application Profile 11.5 CAP2
Grab the latest AMD Catalyst Application Profiles 11.5 CAP2 (May 19)
These are the Catalyst profiles for multi-GPU support. Build Info: 8.87-20110518-1952. No release notes at this time but we hope for Witcher 2 support, please wait. (thanks to asder00 once again).
HIS 6790 Fan 1GB GDDR5 released
HIS released the HIS 6790 Fan 1GB GDDR5 graphics card, delivering an array of advanced technologies to demanding gamers.
Running core clock speeds of 840MHz and memory clock speeds of 4,200MHz, the new model provides dramatic visual and gaming experience at an affordable price.
The new model is equipped with AMD
Corsair Ships Flash Voyager USB 3.0 products
Corsair today announced that they are shipping of the Flash Voyager USB 3.0 family of USB flash drives.
The new Flash Voyager USB 3.0 models deliver SuperSpeed USB 3.0 performance, with read speeds up to four times faster than typical USB 2.0 drives. The Flash Voyager USB 3.0 product family shares the same rugged rubber housing and finger-friendly ergonomics that have made the Flash Voyager family a favorite of consumers looking for durable portable data storage. All Flash Voyager USB 3.0 models are shockproof, water-resistant, backward compatible with USB 2.0/USB 1.1 standards, and provide easy plug-and-play compatibility with most operating systems.
The boost in read speed provided by the Flash Voyager USB 3.0 family makes accessing video, images, and other large files significantly faster, said Thi La, Vice President of Memory Products at Corsair. The shipment of more and more USB 3.0-enabled systems makes it clear that the market is rapidly adopting the new standard. The latest Flash Voyager models are ideal for getting the most performance from the latest PC gear.
Flash Voyager USB 3.0 USB flash drives will be available worldwide in May from Corsair network of authorized retailers at a suggested retail price of $19.99 USD for the 8GB version, $29.99 USD for the 16GB version, and $69.99 USD for the 32GB version.
SiSoft SANDRA updated to SP2a v17.55
SiSoft are releasing SP2a for Sandra 2011, version 17.55.
-- SP2a updates --
- CPU Update: Sandy Bridge-EP/EN/EX, Ivy Bridge preliminary support.
- Fix: translations updated.
- Update: branding (devices/systems)
-- SP2 updates --
Mobile Broadband (WWAN) Benchmark: Now you can benchmark your mobile broadband connection just like with WiFi (WLAN).
- Change: System model name/Mainboard name instead of hostname sent to the Ranker
-- SP1x updates --
- Fix: Incorrect CPU frequency for Power Management Efficiency (ALU/FPU) benchmark causing Ranker to fail.
- Update: GPGPU/GPCPU Crypt benchmark performance improvements.
- Change: Simplified installer, use "Options" in Sandra to enable/configure features.
-- SP1 updates --
- Fix: Incorrect CPU frequency displayed on Sandy Bridge in Turbo Mode; benchmark scores are not affected. The displayed speed was updated twice.
- Fix: Incorrect CPU frequency displayed on Phenom II/Fusion in Turbo Mode*; IMC and Memory speed were also affected: benchmark scores are not affected. The displayed speed was not updated at all.*
- Improvement: Multi-threaded Memory Bandwidth on Fusion*; score has doubled (~3.3GB/s) though short of what AMD "suggests". No better solution has been found yet.
- Update: Large memory pages support re-added to the Memory Bandwidth, Cache & Memory Bandwidth and Multi-Core Efficiency benchmarks: please use Options to disable "Use Large Memory Pages" to use native memory pages.
- Update: GUI reference list colour-matched to the graphs which finally allows you to identify which result corresponds to which value in the graph.
- External Fix: GPGPU Crypto benchmarks work with the latest 266.xx nVidia drivers even in older Sandra versions.
- Fix: Minor various fixes for Windows 7/2008 R2 SP1 RTM. Again SP1 is *required* for AVX support, and no still no idea whether Vista or XP will also be updated.
ASUS 990FX Sabertooth Motherboard Photo's
Well, the Computex tradeshow is getting closer and that's where AMD will announce (not launch) its 990FX chipset. Based on Socket AM3+ the first ASUS 990FX Sabertooth motherboard pictures just surfaced.
The TUF series (The Ultimate Force) Sabertooth 990FX seems to be styled in the very same color as its earlier models, no tactical jacket anymore though.
This AM3+ motherboard will get it's juice from a 10-phase Digi+ VRM. Socket AM3+ will support the Bulldozer based Zambezi FX Series Processors which launch later in June/July.
If you look a little closer at the board you'll spot DDR3 DIMM slots supporting dual-channel memory up-to DDR3-1866 MHz straight from the EFI BIOS.
The TUF has four PCI-Express 2.0 x16 (x16/x4/x8/x8 or x16/x4/x16/NC) based on what you use the slots for of course.
Storage wise we spot six internal SATA 6 Gb/s ports supporting RAID and another two internal SATA 3 Gb/s from a third-party controller likely JMicron or Marvel. Anyway, have a peek at the photo's, clock to enlarge of course ...
ROCCAT Kulo 7.1 USB gaming headset
ROCCAT released its Kulo headset which is available in retail stores for 79.99 EUR.
Renegade Ops Gameplay Trailer
Renegade Ops puts players in a mobile commando unit sent behind enemy lines to defeat Inferno, a madman intent on global domination. Defeat enemies across a range of stunning environments using a wide variety of vehicles, from dispersing electromagnetic shock waves to the deployment of a huge Gatling gun armed to the teeth. Players have the choice to fight alone in single player mode, team up offline with two-player split screen or join the dynamic 4-player online co-op experience. Blast your way through enemy lines by working together, or compete for achievements as you and your friends aim to top the online leader boards
Now this is real Facial Animation
Oh man, I kid you not .. check it out, this guys face is animated.
Duke Nukem presents titty-filled webgame
2K has unveiled Duke Nudem, a promotional shooting and here we go, there's no other way to say this: gallery-cum-stripping game, in order to whip people up into a positively hype frenzy before Duke Nukem Forever is released on June 10. Each mini-game requires you to win in a breast of three contest, and ultimate victory will see the girls take off their tops to expose their bare chests.
There is also a 'safe' version for people who want to enjoy the subtle nuances of the game without the mature content.
ASUS to Announce GTX 595 ARES Mars at Computex
According to German Media reports the manufacturer will be releasing another ASUS ARES Mars GPU on Computex 2011. The card would feature Dual GF-110 Cores (GTX 580 Series?) but would be called GeForce GTX 595 ARES Mars.
You may wonder what?fs the 595 for? Well, Reports reveal that unlike the GTX 590 it would feature a much faster clock rate of 875MHz, 1700MHz, 4800MHz for Core/Shader/Memory respectively which are insane clocks against the GTX 590?core 607Mhz and 772 Mhz of the GTX 580. Considering the above clocks, The card would be real hot and ASUS may have to re consider putting those insane clocks for the final release as GTX 590 being one hot card already fails during overclocking.
The card would feature the ASUS Ares Mars heatsink like the one posted below, ASUS may consider to replace the copper blocks with improved vapor chambers for better thermal environment for the card. Its also likely that dual 3GB versions of the GTX 580 which were recently released may be used in the card. These are a few details we know yet however a press release is held during the Computex 2011 event next month.
The 'OLD' ARES based on R5970
Inside NVIDIAs Emulation Lab
NVIDIA provides a glimpse at their emulation lab, the 6,000-foot space where the company tests future GPUs and mobile processors via hardware emulation.
Hardware emulators re-create a specific computing environment so design engineers can test the design and performance of new processors after a chip has been designed but before it
Lian Li PC-P80N, PC-Z70 and PC-Z60
Lian Li presents the PC-P80N, PC-Z70 and PC-Z60, a new line of all-black anodized aluminum cases with USB 3.0 support.
Lian Li Industrial Co. Ltd, maker of high-end, all-aluminum computer chassis since 1983, today launches three new computer cases: The mid-tower PC-Z60, the full-tower PC-Z70, and the full-tower PC-P80N inspired by Lian Li's classic Armorsuit PC-P80, released in 2008. All three cases are made with Lian Li's trademark features like tool-less installations for HDDs, ODDs, PSUs, graphics cards etc., washable air-filters over fans, anti-vibration mounts, cable clamps for organization, ventilation for improved air flow, USB 3.0, fan speed controllers, rubber-ringed holes for LCS, and of course all-black anodized aluminum. These high-end, fantastically designed, all-black PC chassis are now available.
Users can choose to mount HPTX, EATX, ATX, Micro-ATX or Mini-ITX motherboards in this full-tower PC case. With eleven ventilated expansion slots, users can mount graphics cards as long as 390mm long. Components are kept cool by no less then six fans. Three 140mm fans that span the entire height of the front panel pull cool air into the chassis. Two 140mm fans on the top panel and one 120mm fan at the top of the rear panel blow heated air out of the case. For thermal-optimization, the front panel intake fans are hinged and directly in front of three 5.25
ASUS to roll out update to Android 3.1 to all tablet devices
ASUS announced it will upgrade all its Eee Pad tablet devices to Android 3.1. Following Google
MSI N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition
Ugh, so we knew about this card for a while now, yet MSI asked specifically not to release any information on it. So of course information and photo's then find its way through other channels.
MSI is preparing to launch its Xtreme Edition version of the N580GTX Lightning, the card comes with 3GB of graphics memory.
MSI hasn't changed too much with regards to the physical appearance of the card, although the fan shroud is now black instead of gunmetal grey and the fans are blue. The box as announcing dust removal tech although the fan blades are actually the same as on the N580GTX
MSI has added some new kind of smart thermal sensor which is meant to prevent the card from overheating when overclocked and when the card does heat up, LED lights in the shield change color. The card launches at Computex.
Check the thumbnail, it's a cool looking card alright.
Duke Nukem Forever First Access Demo on June 3rd
Dead Island Teaser Part 1: Tragedy Hits Paradise
Well the concept for this game definitely is funny, A gorgeous tropical paradise turns into a living hell with the outbreak of a zombie apocalypse, destroying all lives in its path and turning this pictures!