ASUS X79 Sabertooth Photo's
With roughly a week to from Intel's new Sandy-Bridge-E processor release the new X79 start to arrive here in the office. Inte's NDA is confusing as heck as to what you can and can't post. However we are free to post photo's of the new motherboards though.
Check out some photo's we took of the up and coming ASUS X79 TUF Sabertooth. Click on the thumbnails to enlarge them.
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2Win review
Two GeForce GTX 560 Ti cards setup in SLI offer a lot of performance for roughly 400 EUR / 450 USD, and with that in mind EVGA has started developing a custom PCB, with two GTX 560 TI GPU's on-board. With games like Battlefield 3, Skyrim and Batman: Arkham City and Crysis 2 DX11, that might be a terrific alternative in the Q4 holiday season for many.
The newfangled card is called the EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2Win. A card with cool looks, a pair of GF114 GPUs and heck it even comes a little overclocked for ya.
Read the article here.
Intel Core i7-3930K and i7-3960X Pre-Order in the US
Intel's upcoming Sandy Bridge-E processors reared their heads in more than one online stores by now, but recently the chips were also listed in the US where a store offers its customers the chance to pre-order the upcoming Core i7-3930K and i7-3960X.
The chips were spotted by CPU-World in the online store of one e-tailer which has listed the Core i7-3930K at $609.99 (441 EUR), while its older brother, the Core i7-3960X, can be pre-ordered for $1099.99 (796 EUR).
Just as its name implies, the Core i7-3960X is the fastest of the two CPUs Intel will launch in mid-November, the X at the end of its designation informing us that it belongs in the company's Extreme Edition line.
The Core i7-3820, which Intel was expected to release together with the two SKUs detailed above, wasn't listed by the retailer which seems to confirm the rumors that state this won't actually arrive until February of 2012. All the processors are compatible with motherboards using the LGA 2011 socket and feature support for quad-channel memory.
HIS Low-Profile Radeon HD 6670
Hightech Information System (HIS) today unveiled their first twin-fan cooler equipped graphics card range, the HIS 6670 Fan 1GB. Low Profile: Ideal for Media Centers & Home Theater PCs.
Home Theater PC users, looking for that extra bit of cooling to give their system an extra edge, will be delighted with the model
Cooler Master gives free LGA2011 upgrade for Hyper 212 Plus/EVO
Cooler Master announced owners of its Hyper 212 EVO/Plus coolers will be able to get a free upgrade kit for Intel's LGA2011 socket. Details on how to obtain the product can be found at Cooler Master's LGA2011 page. Unfortunately, it appears the offer is only valid for customers from the USA, Canada and Mexico.
Cooler Master, an industry leading chassis, thermal solution, peripheral, and accessory manufacturer today extends its support for its customers. As was previously announced, Cooler Master is providing a free bracket to support LGA2011 on the Hyper 212 EVO. This will now be extended to one of Cooler Master
Firefox 8 released
The latest version bumps the release number to 8 and takes it one step closer to matching IE 9 and Chrome in who can have the higher version number. This latest release contains many fixes which you can see in the list below:
- Add-ons installed by third party programs are now disabled by default
- Added a one-time add-on selection dialog to manage previously installed add-ons
- Added Twitter to the search bar
- Added a preference to load tabs on demand, improving start-up time when windows are restored
- Improved tab animations when moving, reordering, or detaching tabs
- Improved performance and memory handling
- Added CORS support for cross-domain textures in WebGL
- Added support for HTML5 context menus
- Added support for insertAdjacentHTML
- Improved CSS hyphen support for many languages
- Improved WebSocket support
- Fixed several stability issues
A pretty OK use of Kinect !
The Gadget Show created an ultimate gaming simulator (thanks iceb) by combined several technologies. The cool thing: it relies on Kinect to work. This is what the simulator combines in order to provide the ultimate gaming experience:
- Battlefield 3 (the game you play)
- Igloo vision dome (8 projectors create a 360 degree wrap around screen)
- Omni Directional treadmill (move around in any direction freely to move the in-game character)
- Ambient light technology (light up the whole room with LED
Modern Warfare 3 Celeb Trailer
Massive Mass Effect 3 Leak for Xbox
EVGA launches GTX 560 Ti 2Win dual GPU card
EVGA today launches the GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2Win. A card with cool looks, a pair of GF114 GPUs and heck it even comes a little overclocked for ya, as the core frequency clocks in at 850 MHz whereas a default GTX 560 Ti is ticking and tacking away at 822 MHz.
Currenrently we have this card on our test bench and we have spotted an NF200 switch chip to provide the necessary data links in-between the GPUs, and yes .. that means internally they are setup in SLI mode. The cooling system consists our of three fans, based on a heatpipe heatsink.
With games like Battlefield 3, Skyrim and Batman: Arkham City and Crysis 2 DX11, that might be a terrific alternative in the Q4 holiday season for many. More on this on Monday when we launch a full review.
Zalman CNPS 12X review
The one that everybody remembers and still is going strong where the initial CNPS (Computer Noise Prevention System) CPU cooler, the copper somewhat rounded "butterfly" based coolers. That model has been the biggest success of all their coolers. Anno 2011 Zalman is still going strong on the concept and just when you think they can't change anything on that design they proof that a top notch new cooler based off that old design can still work out well and look gorgeous.
The Zalman CNPS 12X comes with Zalman
AMD CEO wants substancial job cuts
TechEye claims AMD's new CEO Rory Read hopes to turn the tide via a total restructuring and making some of the most substantial cuts to staff that the firm has seen.
Determined to make his mark on the outfit Read has been sharpening his axe and looking for necks to try it out on.
There have been rumours floating around that AMD is gearing up to give a load of executives the boot. However, TechEye deep throats have told us that the extent of cuts is likely to be more far ranging than a few of yesterday's CEO's pets. Read has his eye on a total restructuring, which is fairly likely to ruin a lot of people's Christmas, our source said.
There is no word on a time scale for this.
Rosewill BLACKHAWK-ULTRA chassis
Rosewill the leading hardware solution provider bringing the best choice in value, announced its newest member of Rosewill gaming and performance computer case family, BLACKHAWK-ULTRA.
The BLACKHAWK-ULTRA has all the features that made the original BLACKHAWK a success, including a great design, led fans, and full black interior. Where the BLACKHAWK-ULTRA is unique is with the space that is offered inside of this case, you will be able to mount HPTX or even a second power supply if needed.
- Type ATX Super Tower
- Color Black
- Case Material Steel
- With Power Supply No
- Power Supply Mounted Bottom
- Motherboard Compatibility ATX, SSI CEB, E-ATX, XL-ATX, HPTX
- With Side Panel Window No
- External 5.25" Drive Bays 3/4
- External 3.5" Drive Bays 1/0
- Internal 3.5" Drive Bays 10
- Expansion Slots 10
- Front Ports 2 x USB 3.0 / 2 x USB 2.0 / Audio In/Out(AC97, HD)
- 140mm Fans 2 x Front 140mm Red LED Fan (first layer)(pre-installed) / 2 x Front 140mm
- Red LED Fan (second layer)(pre-installed)
- 230mm Fans 2 x Top 230mm Red LED Fan(pre-installed) / or 3 x 120/140mm Fan(option) / 1 x
- Side 230mm Fan or 9 x 120mm Fan(option)
- Side Air duct No
- Dimensions(W x H x D) Front & top panels included - 240 x 635 x 660 mm (9.45
Alpenföhn Matterhorn Rev. B CPU cooler
NVIDIA Asking GeForce Owners To Send Cards In For Examination
According to this post in the NVIDIA tech support forums, the company has been able to reproduce (and fix) some of the BF3 and Windows Media Center bugs players have been experiencing but they are asking customers with TDR issues to send their cards to the company for examination.
I want to give everyone a quick update on some of the bugs mentioned in this thread:
1) Battlefield 3 bugs - So far we have been able to reproduce the major Battlefield 3 issues and have marked this as must fix for the upcoming driver in November.
2) Video Playback issue in Windows Media Center/Movie Maker/Media Player - This issue has been fixed and will definitively be included in the next driver release in November
3) R280.xx or later Firefox/IE9 TDR issue - We have ordered some of the retail graphics cards that have been mentioned in these threads to resolve this issue. However it would be of great help to us if anyone who is facing this problem can send us their graphics card to diagnose internally at our Santa Clara office since the cards we have been tested so far do not seem to show the TDR issues end users are reporting in this forum. We can pay for shipping both ways and I can probably get some free game codes to offer you for your time. Please PM if you would be willing to do so. You must be in the USA however since international shipping can complicate things.
Need for Speed The Run - Multiplayer Trailer
Are you ready for the most accessible online racing experience ever offered? Create a party with friends, pick a playlist of your favorite challenges and compete for supremacy across every stage of The Run.
You'll never have to wait in a lobby again even if you're joining a race in progress! By mastering all of the playlists you can level up and earn access to exclusive vehicles, upgrades and abilities with the Bonus Wheel.
The Sound of Skyrim Video
Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 for LGA2011
Noctua revealed their NH-D14 SE2011 cooler for Intel's upcoming Sandy Bridge-E series. The product will be available soon for 74.90EUR ($84.90). It's their 'older' NH-D14 cooler with new mounting kit really.
Noctua presented a new special edition of its award-winning NH-D14 cooler for the upcoming Intel LGA2011 X79 platform. Having received more than 250 awards and recommendations from the international press, Noctua's NH-D14 has become a benchmark in premium quality quiet cooling. The new SE2011 version is a special edition for Intel's soon to be released Core i7-3000 (Sandy Bridge-E) CPUs and comes equipped with Noctua's SecuFirm2