BFG Tech now in liquidation
We have mentioned this a couple of times already, but it looks like BFG now is in liquidation of it's assets and thus bankrupt. In our forums consumers are now reporting that their broken products are being sent back and not repaired.
Instead the products are returned and letters are sent out:
BFG Technologies, Inc. is winding down and liquidating its business. Unfortunately our major supplier would not support our business. As a result we are returning your graphics card without being able to repair it. We apologize for the inconvenience.
ECS P55H-AK motherboard review
ECS P55H-AK gets tested !
We test and review the ECS P55H-AK. It is with the release of this P55H-AK motherboard that ECS finally reaches a state in product development where they can address the enthusiast consumer market. A board loaded with features, great looks and quite decent overclockability. A motherboard where ECS went excessive on everything, dual GIGe Ethernet NICs, not one but two USB 3.0 controllers for 4 ports, integration of a SATA 3 (6G) controller, and even a NVIDIA NF200 bridge chip to enable three-way SLI. All in all a terrific P55 motherboard with excellent features and just really hot looks.
Check out the full Guru3D review right here.
Crytek: all future Crysis games will be in 3D
Crytek CEO Cervat Yerli revealed all future titles in the Crysis universe will be playable in 3D. The game developer will introduce 3D support with Crysis 2 and believes that 3D technology will conquer the market once the first affordable 3DTVs arrive.
"Crysis on consoles for us is pretty much taking the ground that Crysis games will be 3D now and in the future," he said. "Console gamers haven't seen [the original] Crysis yet and when we launch Crysis 2 it's kind of like a re-launch of the franchise. We want to make sure people associate the Crysis brand with 3D gaming in the future.
"But we also want to make sure that it's for a reason - we want to turn the TV as well as the monitor in to a window into a new world. Once people play in 3D the way we've demonstrated, I don't think you'll want to not play in 3D ever again."
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Gameplay Trailer
Samsung launches $6000 UN65C8000 65-inch 3D LED TV
3D TVs are expensive, but the case of Samsung
Genius MousePen M508 & M508W Tablets
Genius has unveiled two new tablets in their MousePen series. The M508 and M508W share plenty of features, the majority of them all dedicated for the tablet features, but obviously you
ASUS Eee Pad plans revealed - Android edition in March 2011 for $399
ASUS CEO Jerry Shen revealed the pricing and expected launch dates of the company's upcoming tablet lineup, as PC world reported.
The first tablet from ASUS will be the 12" Eee Pad EP121, this touchscreen device will run Windows 7 Home Premium and will feature an Intel Core 2 Duo processor. With a price tag of around $1,000 the device will not be cheap, but ASUS defends the price tag by pointing out that its 12" Eee Pad will come with a docking station with a keyboard that transforms it into a laptop computer. The Eee Pad EP121 is expected to become available in December 2010 or January 2011.
Several other tablets are expected in the first quarter of 2011, the second Eee Pad will be a 10" touchscreen model with an ARM-based processor and Windows Embedded Compact 7. This version is expected in January 2011 for $399 to $499.
The cheapest tablet from ASUS will be an Android-based Eee Pad, it's expected to debut in March 2011 for less than $399. Details about the hardware of the third Eee Pad weren't disclosed.
Asustek currently has a team of over 800 software engineers working on Android but mostly for their smartphone division. Some of those engineers will be transferred to the tablet product division, Shen said.
Crysis 2 Launches March 2011
Crysis 2 will hit the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3, and will support stereoscopic 3D across all platforms.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Announced
GSC Game World has announced they are developing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is the official sequel to best-selling game series - in development now. A completely new multi-platform technology developed by GSC will make the core of the game.
"After the official sales of the series exceeded 4 million copies worldwide, we had no doubts left to start creating a new big game in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universe. This will be the next chapter of the mega-popular game players expect from us" - said Sergiy Grygorovych, CEO of GSC Game World.
The game is scheduled for release in 2012.
Cooler Master Storm Inferno mouse review
Cooler Master Storm Inferno gets tested
We test and review the CM Storm Inferno mouse. A mouse obviously targeted at gamers, but Cooler Master diversified and refined it even a little more as it is a mouse targeted at MMO's. This gaming peripheral features a total of 11 buttons, nine of which are actually programmable, 128kb onboard memory, a Rapid Fire Tactical key and a Storm Tactics Multiplier key that gives access to 32 extra programmable outputs for macros, scripts and other unique commands. All that armed with a 4000 DPI twin laser sensor.
But is it any good ? let's find our in this Guru3D review right here.
ECS Black Series P55H-AK Sneak Peek
The ECS Black Series P55H-AK finally arrived in our lab yesterday, and I can get you guys a sneek preview with the help of some photo's. Expect a full review next week. The board is looking extraordinary good for ECS standafrds alright. ECS is pushing really hard to reach the enthusiast segment and this board certainly is a massive step forward for them.
The motherboard as it is equipped with a whole lotta stuff like USB 3.0, six SATA 3.0 Gbps ports, two eSATA connectors, dual Gigabit Ethernet and 7.1 channel audio, as well as a pair of SATA 6.0 Gbps ports and even two Super Speed USB 3.0 connectors.
As for what makes this LGA 1156-ready board unique, it has a dark color theme, 15
Logitech MK520 Wireless Keyboard Mouse Combo On Pre-Order
This full-size keyboard has a black coating and a very small Unifying receiver which enables 2.4 GHz wireless connectivity at a range of up to 10 meters. Additionally, the keyboard has low-profile Incurve keys with softly rounded edges, for a touch of style and comfort. The mouse features soft rubber side grips, to let consumers have a firmer grasp of it at all times, and, of course, the obligatory scroll wheel and two buttons.
The product loses to the keyboard in terms of battery power, being built with one that 'only' lasts for one year.
All in all, the Wireless Combo MK520 should contribute to the quality of any high-end, cable-unfriendly system, and is already up for pre-order at $56.54
ATI Southern Islands launches in October
The peeps over at DigiTimes report that AMD will do a paperlaunch of its Southern Islands GPUs in October, with product availability slated for November.
Southern Islands is the family codename for the 6000 series graphics cards whereas Evergreen was the codename for Radeon series 5000. AMD / ATI always launches with their most high-end product, so we expect the same here.
F.E.A.R. 3 Cinematic Gamescom Trailer
BioShock Infinite Announced
2K Games And Irrational Games have announced BioShock Infinite, the next chapter in the BioShock franchise.
In BioShock Infinite, you play Booker Dewitt, a disgraced former Pinkerton agent 'who gets things done'. Visited by a mysterious man in your room/office above a bar, you're hired to find Elizabeth, who has been imprisoned in the lost city of Columbia for 15 years. Your employer somehow gets you to Columbia and you find Elizabeth, but getting her out of the city is hugely problematic. She's got special powers, she's at the center of the international conflict, and you have to fight together to escape the city in the sky.
Originally conceived as a floating symbol of American ideals at a time when the United States was emerging as a world power, Columbia is dispatched to distant shores with great fanfare by a captivated public. What begins as a brand new endeavor of hope turns drastically wrong as the city soon disappears into the clouds to whereabouts unknown.
The player assumes the role of former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt, sent to the lost city to rescue Elizabeth, a young woman imprisoned there since childhood. He develops a relationship with Elizabeth, augmenting his abilities with hers so the pair may escape from a city that is literally falling from the sky. DeWitt must learn to fight foes in high-speed Sky-Line battles, engage in combat both indoors and amongst the clouds, and harness the power of dozens of new weapons and abilities.
New Six core and fast quad core Phenom II CPUs soon
The colleagues over at X-bit Labs report that AMD will introduce a couple of new processors on September 21st, 2010. This includes a new six-core chip clocked at 3.0GHz and also a muliplier unlocked 3.5GHz quad-core.
"The two key processors set to be announced are AMD Phenom II X6 1075T (3.0GHz/3.50GHz TurboCore with 9MB of cache) and AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition (3.50GHz, 8MB of cache). The first will cost in the range between $230 - $240 and will broaden the line of code-named Thuban microprocessors, whereas the second will be AMD's fastest quad-core microprocessor with the price tag that is likely to be below $200.
Considering the fact that TurboCore clock-speed of the six-core model 1075T will be 3.50GHz, the difference in price between it and the quad-core Phenom II X4 970 BE should be considerable as the chips have equal performance in applications that require up to four threads (in order to avoid internal competition between six-core and quad-core products)."
Alongside these processors on September 21 a dual-core AMD Phenom II X2 560 (3.3GHz, 7MB cache) and quad-core AMD Athlon II X4 645 (3.1GHz, 2MB L2 cache) are expected as well, both to cost roughly $100.
Afterburner 2.0.0 Beta 6 - Now with Triple Over Volt support !
Afterburner 2.0.0 Beta 6 - Now with Triple Over Volt support !
Guru3D and MSI have been working hard on AfterBurner, today we release the 2.0.0 Beta 6 revision of Afterburner, this application is almost one year old, during these year we successfully secured the leading position on graphics card utilities, and start to find out our competitors try to keep up with us on over-voltage function.
We're happy to see MSI Afterburner is leading the overclock applications, but where satisfied with what we have now, we plan to go one step beyond everybody!
In Afterburner 2.0, we completely re-design the voltage control module, and implement world's first exclusive "Triple over-Voltage" function on selected cards. On MSI hi-end graphics card like N460GTX Hawk, N480GTX Lightning, you can pull down the voltage control menu and over-voltage GPU, Memory and Aux.
By over-voltage GPU and Memory, you can reach even higher clock and performance than before. Aux over-voltage is also unique function of Afterburner 2.0, it can over-voltage PLL (PCI-Express, Crystal, Memory Bus) of GPU and help to push the clock limit to the highest under intensive overclocking.
- Voltage control layer has been seriously revamped to give additional freedom to extreme overclockers with new custom design MSI graphics cards. Now MSI Afterburner is able to control up to 3 voltages on custom design MSI Fermi and other future custom design MSI graphics cards. New adjustable voltages include memory voltage and special multi-purpose auxiliary voltage feeding either memory bus (also known as VDDCI on AMD graphics cards) or PCIE bus and crystal (PEXVDD on NVIDIA graphics cards)
- Added core, memory and auxiliary PEXVDD voltage control for custom design MSI N480GTX Lighning series graphics cards with uP6225+uP6262 voltage regulators
- Added core, memory and auxiliary PEXVDD voltage control for custom design MSI N470GTX Twin Frozr II OV3 series graphics cards with uP6218+uP6262 voltage regulators
- Added core, memory and auxiliary PEXVDD voltage control for custom design MSI MSI N460GTX Hawk series graphics cards with uP6262 voltage regulators
- Added core voltage control for custom design MSI N460GTX Cyclone series graphics cards
- Added auxiliary VDDCI voltage control for reference design AMD RADEON HD 5870 series graphics cards
- Added fan tachometer monitoring for NVIDIA graphics cards. Please take a note that not all graphics cards are tachometer reading capable. So depending on graphics card and cooling system fan tachometer monitoring can be unavailable
- Optimized NVIDIA driver-level clock frequency monitoring codepath
- Minimum clock limits for all graphics cards have been reduced from 75% to 50%
- Dynamic overclocking, voltage and fan speed limits. MSI Afterburner no longer uses static slider limits calibration and adjusts the limits dynamically when some external factors affect it (e.g. Overdrive clock limits on AMD cards or VGA BIOS fan speed and voltage limits on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 400 cards)
- New temperature hysteresis settings for software automatic fan control mode gives you additional way to improve cooling system thermal and acoustic parameters
- Now fan speed limits (i.e. minimum and maximum fan speeds accepted by VGA BIOS and display driver) are displayed in custom fan speed curve editor window
- Built-in skin sizes have been reduced due to optimized internal skin panels representation and optimized compiled bitmap cache
- Optional skin compression ability in the built-in skin compiler. Skin format reference documentation has been updated to document new compression options
- Minor built-in skins appearance tweaks
- Now MSI Afterburner uses previously undocumented power user oriented startup mode via the task scheduler under Windows Vista / Windows 7. MSI Afterburner launch no longer requires UAC confirmation at Windows startup. Please take a note that Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 runtime libraries must be installed to get new startup mode working
- Now MSI Afterburner automatically fixes startup link if
or is enabled but the registry or task scheduler startup entry is missing
- Startup profile is now displayed in
option floating tooltip instead of the main window
- Now power users can enable optional DirectInput based hotkeys handler via the configuration file. DirectInput based hotkeys processing can seriously reduce hotkey response time in the applications heavily loading CPU (mostly 3D games) and leaving not enough time for processing standard keyboard input message queues. Please take a note that enabling such sophisticated hotkeys handling mode can cause some system security applications (e.g. pro-active application behavior analysis module of KIS) to warn you about possible keylogging threat
- Improved skin engine, now skinned controls support horizontal and/or vertical centering. Skin format reference guide has been updated to document these new alignment modes
- MSI On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 3.7.2. New version gives you the following improvements:
- Now screen capture events are identified visually by text message flashing in On-Screen Display during 0.25s
- Built-in skin sizes have been reduced due to optimized compiled bitmap cache
- Added On-Screen Display profile for Startcraft II : Wings of Liberty
- Added configuration file switch allowing sending MSI Afterburner to system tray instead of closing on
button click option is no longer set in the startup task settings to allow automatically starting application via the task scheduler on laptops or on some UPS models
- Added Korean localization
DeepCool Killer Whale CPU Cooler review
DeepCool Killer Whale CPU Cooler review
DeepCool is devoted to Green & Eco protection offering professional high quality products with innovative design and first class manufacturing. One of their recently manufactured products is the catchy Killer Whale cooler, which was made to extend their Seven Seas domination throughout our Core i7 sockets too.
Contrary to other heatsinks, this product doesn