Kinect Star Wars Launch Trailer
XBMC Media Center 11 Download
XBMC is a software media player and entertainment hub for digital media. While XBMC functions very well as a standard media player application for your computer, it has been designed to be the perfect companion for your HTPC. Supporting an almost endless range of remote controls, and combined with its beautiful interface and powerful skinning engine, XBMC feels very natural to use from the couch and is the ideal solution for your home theater.Currently XBMC can be used to play almost all popular audio and video formats around. It was designed for network playback, so you can stream your multimedia from anywhere in the house or directly from the internet using practically any protocol available.
Addons Framework, API, and Manager
- Added ability for all addons to provide their own web interface (and handling of multiple web interfaces)
- Added support for addons to save their setting values to their own settings.xml file before quitting
- Added support for multi-file selections in the (python) file browser dialog
- Extended Addons API to support adding extension points for Service Addons (xbmc.service)
- Added support for Addon Rollbacks, enabling users to choose previously installed addons over more recent revisions
- Added the ability to search Addons in the Addons-Manager
- Improve XBMC's GUI Engine / Skinning Framework making it even more flexible and powerful
- Added option for auto login of a specific selected user profile (good for kiosk mode)
- Added commands for xbmc.Player().getAvailableAudioStreams() and xbmc.Player().setAudioStream()
- Added support to identify DTS-HD (DTS-HD MA and DTS-HD HRA) profiles in audio stream list
- Add ability for skinners to show buffering progress for streamed/cached files (similar to YouTube)
- Improved mouse support, add better control for dragging of seek / slide / scroll bars, and click handling
- Improve touch interface API and gesture support for XBMC's GUI Engine for all platforms
- Added Dirty Region support to reduce CPU usage
- Added a custom JPEG decoder, at least 2x faster than the previous implementation (cximage)
- Added UDF 2.5 filesystem reading support to XBMC's VFS (Virtual File System)
- Added support for direct playback of ISO image files for Blu-ray Disc as well as video library integration
- Added an option for vertical shift of video image with slider setting
- Added support for color and font styles tag in MPL2 (MicroDVD) subtitles
- Added support for SSA/ASS subtitle tags; italics, bold, and color for SubRip (.srt) subtitles
- Added support for MP4 embedded subtitles
- Added support delay tag in vobsub subtitles
- Gave external subtitles preference over internal subtitles
- Added support for a new extended version of MPlayer's EDL (Edit Decision List) format
- Added PlayerControl built in function to allow jumping to a percentage offset from a key mapping
- Added support for Slingbox
- Upgrade FFmpeg (libavformat and libavcodec) audio/video codec and demux library
- Improved Blu-ray Disc and harddrive playback support of unencrypted bdmv and mpls files without menus
- Removed subtitle caching (as it was only needed on Xbox because of the severe memory restrictions)
- Removed all dependencies of libmms libraries from XBMC's code in favour of FFmpeg native MMS support
- Remove all dependencies of liba52, libdts, and faac libraries from XBMC's code in favour of FFmpeg native
- Added support for NFS virtual file server (vfs) (all platforms)
- Added support for AFP (vfs) (all platforms aside from Windows)
- Added Airplay support for Videos/Pictures (all platforms)
- Added Airplay support for Music (all platforms aside from Windows)
- Added Audio/L16 support for better DLNA UPnP client compliance
- Improved UPnP Renderer
- Added a slider for volume amplification and dynamic range compression during video playback
- Added an option to pause video playback during refreshrate changes
- Extended PathSubstitution from playlists to all files for users of shared MySQL Databases
- Added the ability to adjust the display's refresh rate to match the video's frame rate in OSX (Feature already available in Windows and Linux)
- Improvements made to the adjust refresh rate feature to pick the "best" rate, rather than the closest multiple
- Added DXVA Deinterlacing support
- Combined Files and Library mode for videos
- Add asynchronous threaded background loading of metadata to XBMC's VFS (Virtual File System)
- Added support for cleaning the music library via CleanLibrary(music) command
- Added a "Play from here" context menu button for TV Shows Episodes in the video library
- Added the option to specify the default select (Play, Resume, Show information, Choose) action on videos
- Changed "Set Content" to "Edit Content Settings" after being set
- Added disc stub support for cataloging DVDs, BluRays, etc.
- Added support for scraping Movie Collections, along with the ability to toggle collections on and off
- Improve TheMovieDB.org movie scraper by adding themoviedb.org posters scraping
- Added movie set scraping'
- Improve TheTVDB.com (Multi-Lingual) TV Shows and Episode scraper
- Improve Freebase (English) music scraper
- Confluence: Home screen switched to horizontal layout
- Confluence: Greatly simplified the way FanArt works throughout the skin and the settings for it
- Confluence: Added ability for users to easily add / remove Add-ons as items on the home screen menu
- Confluence: Added codec flagging images for DTS-HD Master Audio and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
- Added ability to handle and allow access to multiple web interfaces at once
- Added option setting to play videos within picture slideshows
- Added dimming setting to the built-in picture slideshow screensaver
- Added support for sorting depending on current locale
- Added advancedsettings.xml option to disable the display of startup splash image (enabled by default)
- Added support for batch requests to the JSON-RPC API
- Added support for requests by notification to the JSON-RPC API
- Make JSON-RPC API compliant with JSON-RPC 2.0 specification ( details)
- Cleanup and improve JSON-RPC API
- Added advancedsettings.xml option to configure the TCP port used by JSON-RPC (default is 9090)
- Improve the features of the default web interface
- Removed Weather from XBMC core and switched to Weather Underground as the default weather provider addon
- Added weather lookup by IP
- Added support for NV12, UVYV, UYVY, and YUV2 rendering (software and ps)
- Added dynamic runtime detection of CPU features (MMX, SSE, 3DNow, etc.) implementation for Windows
- Added DXVA video rendering option
- Improve XBMC's build system to make compiling XBMC much
Download - Click here
GeForce GTX 680 Overclock Guide
Today an article dedicated on overclocking the GeForce GTX 680. You will notice that if you go for long lifespan that overclocking the old fashioned way will not disappoint. A good 1300 MHz on the GPU is certainly something you can achieve quite easily with standard fan RPM. However with NVIDIA's new Dynamic Clock Adjustment technology things have changed a bit. Regardless of that you'll be able to tweak a lot more performance out of the card than you think.
Read the article here.
Galaxy GeForce GTX 680 Hall of Fame Edition
We just show the 4GB edition, but much like Zotac a n-epeen version is in the works as well, the Galaxy GeForce GTX 680 Hall of Fame Edition.
Apparantly Galaxy has shown a prototype of this card. The card uses the same cooling as the one used on its GTX 580 Multi-Display graphics card with three 90 mm fans. The cooler shroud lit with blue LEDs.
An all white PCB uses an 8+2+2 phase VRM, which reportedly makes use of International Rectifier DirectFETs, and high-grade chokes, although still an analog design. The VRM controller will be Galaxy's custom GX31 chip, with software voltage control, voltage monitoring, and power-draw monitoring. The card draws power from a massive two 8-pin PCIe power connectors.
Planex Wi-Fi router first in wall power socket
The MZK-KR150N as the router is called needs to be wired directly to the mains wires inside the socket and as such a qualified electrician needs to do the installation according to the company. The WAN connector is also located here, so in other words, if you can't easily get an Ethernet cable into the power socket, this product isn't for you.
On the upside, you end up with only a Wi-Fi antenna sticking out of the wall socket and that's as much space as the router will take up. As you might've guessed by the model name, the MZK-KR150N only offers speeds of up to 150Mbps over 802.11n Wi-Fi, although the router also has a single 10/100Mbit Ethernet port.
The router has a power and WPS button on its "facia" and there's also a small switch that allows you to set it to router or access point mode. It's actually a really clever solution for extending Wi-Fi coverage in larger homes or offices where a single router won't be enough, at least as long as you can get an Ethernet cable from the router to a suitable wall socket easily enough. What we'd really like to have seen integrated into the MZK-KR150N is support for power line networking, as this would've eliminated the need for an Ethernet cable to be used for the network connection.
The MZK-KR150N should launch early next month in Japan with a retail price of about US$119 (S$150) which is a tad on the expensive side considering the basic spec of the product.
Galaxy GeForce GTX 680 4 GB
Galaxy and KFA2 are working on a new GeForce GTX 680 graphics card.
The photo's show a Galaxy GTX 680 4 GB based on a non-reference design. The card comes with a factory clock at 1.10 GHz (base, boost not mentioned).
The PCB uses a 5+2 phase VRM, which draws power from 6+8 pin power connectors. The VRM appears to make use of International Rectifier-made DirectFETs. Perhaps Galaxy also went off-spec with the VRM controller, and maybe it supports a software interface.
The cooler is an in-house design by Galaxy, too. It consists of a large heat-pipe fed aluminum fin array, ventilated by two 90 mm fans. Have a peek:
GTA V Details Surfaced
According to recent reports on internet, a former anonymous employee of Rockstar North has revealed massive details regarding the much awaited and highly anticipated game Grand Theft Auto V.
1. The protagonist will be one character, and one character alone. His name is (as some rumours said) Albert De Silva. He's a half hispanic man who was once part of a crime family in Vice City. He decided to settle down and have kids in Los Santos. He has one son called Kevin De Silva who is your stereotypical CoD player. He's lazy, useless and shouts racial abuse online and is really into FPS games. Kevin does admire his Dad though.
2. Multiplayer will hold 32 people on the Xbox and PS3. I wasn't told how many were able to be on the PC. Just like in RDR, players will be able to form Gangs. These gangs are not ranked through XP anymore, but via Reputation. Instead of gang hideouts, you can do jobs that range from robbing a launderette to breaking into a military base and stealing state-of-the-art weaponary. The Gang leader has much more control over his or her gang by being able to rank members of their gang and setting more specific objectives to specific members of their gang. Gangs can have their own terratory but this only applies to areas inside the city of Los Santos.
3. The map is about 5x as large as the GTA IV map and the City of Los Santos takes up just under half of this area (so it's a bit bigger than 2 GTA IV Liberty Cities).
The map is (like most GTAs) seperated into three different sections. 4. Planes are flyable, they range from World War 2 fighter planes to Private Jets.
5. Cars and guns are customisable to an extent, for example, you can cusomise a gun to have a supressor on it and you can install nitrous into cars.
Here's some stuff you might like:
1. The protagonist is the 'rich guy' from the GTA V debut trailer. You get to learn more about this man in the second when he talks about his troubles. You only see the protagonist twice in the trailer. First time is the side of his face and second time is when he is driving a Deceptor (Audi R8). The people robbing the jewellery store are just with the protagonist. He is driving the van ready to get away.
2. Gunfights are more realistic. When you are shooting a gun out of a window of a car, depending on how fast it's going you will have troubles aiming due to shaking cameras.
3. The game is due in May 2013. A more specific date has not been decided because the game is still needing 6 months to be fully developed. They will have a playable demo at E3.
4. Police chases are now way more than either running or driving. Depending on how wanted you are, police may bring out riot shields and flash bangs. 5. When someone reaches 4 star wanted level, there will be a radio warning on some stations.
6. Radio stations now do traffic reports that are actually correct. So if you don't know what route to take, you can check the traffic reports on your phone or the radio.
7. The in-game TV now has many more channels
8. The protagonist DOES NOT die unlike in the last two Rockstar games.
9. The underworld actually has a working economy that you can contribute too by buying and selling drugs, weapons and illegal cars in single player.
10. The protagonist can take drugs which will have some effects. But smoking weed on the streetwalk will lead to getting a one star wanted level.
11. Police cars will go after you if you're obviousely breaking the speed limit. Having high speed crashes will also damage your health.
1 star - police follow you on foot and try to make an arrest. No sirens, no car chases (unless you are speeding).
2 star - police will still attempt to make an arrest. If a weapon is drawn then the police will begin opening fire. Police will use stun guns if a weapon is not drawn.
3 star - Chases begin and the police don't care how they stop you, they just want to do it.
4 star - road traps, radio stations and much more hostile police.Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 24 in-game hours for someone matching your description.
5 star - shoot to kill, arrest only if it's made very possible. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 48 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Few missions become unavailable if you are wanted.
6 star - military vehicles come after you. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 72 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Some missions become unavailable if you are wanted.
NVIDIA brings back Dawn
NVIDIA is bringing back Dawn for her 10th anniversary. Dawn ushered in the dawn of cinematic shading with the introduction of the NVIDIA GeForce FX family of GPUs back in 2002.
Her twin sister Dusk brought us the GeForce FX 5900 GPU, but we haven't heard from them in years. NVIDIA has been busy introducing Nalu (a mermaid), Luna (a cybernetic being), and Adrianne, a digital representation of real-life model Adrianne Curry in mor recent video card launches.
Modern Warfare 3 xbox hacked ?
In this video you can can clearly see an Xbox 360 gamers making use of hacks such as walking AC-130's, infinite ammo, superspeed and many more:
So guys, MW3 lobbies are possible on xbox 360 console due to recent leaks etc. In the video you'll see me who's fallen victim to the de-ranking of the guys doing these lobbies who are running around with Walking AC130 Walking Reapers IMS etc unlimited ammo." - Ecko
Salem Opens Up BETA Sign-Ups
Salem is set in a fantastical New England and offers free form massively multiplayer gameplay in a persistent, mutable and online world. With players taking the roles of intrepid colonists from the Old World seeking to make lives for themselves in the New, Salem provides them with unique crafting, farming and building systems inspired by 17th century alchemy. Cast in a mold of cute-gothic Salem's lighthearted art style makes for the perfect contrast to the otherwise grim realities of open player-versus-player combat and permanent death. Experience Squonks, Hidebehinds, Witchcraft and the fullest freedom of a sandbox conceived in Liberty.
Paradox Interactive and Seatribe today announced the opening of Beta sign-ups for upcoming Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) game, Salem. Developed by Seatribe, Salem is set in the New World when pilgrims were the norm and the frontier was still the greatest risk to a person's health.
Prototype 2 - Top 11 Trailer
Mad Catz Cyborg M.M.O.7 Gaming Mouse
Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. announced today the shipping of the Cyborg M.M.O.7 Gaming Mouse for PC and Mac. Being released under the Company's Cyborg professional gaming brand, the M.M.O.7 was recently honored with a CES 2012 Innovations Award nomination and has been designed specifically for use with MMO (Massively Multi-player Online) software.
"Leveraging the award winning Cyborg R.A.T. design, the new M.M.O.7 expands the Cyborg gaming mouse portfolio to meet the needs of the MMO gamer." said Darren Richardson, the President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. "The M.M.O.7 is part of the our long term strategy to build products for passionate consumers."
The Cyborg M.M.O.7 is compatible with Mac OS X version 10.6.6 or later, as well as Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
Cooler Master Sentinel Advance 2 Mouse and Speed Rx Mousepad
Cooler Master, an industry leading chassis, thermal solution, peripheral, and accessory manufacturer storms onto the war torn frontlines with a devastating new duo, the Sentinel Advance 2 Gaming Mouse and Speed Rx Mousepad.
Sentinel Advance 2 - Re-engineered
Featuring the most advanced laser sensor, the Avago 9800, Sentinel Advance II is capable of over 8000 DPI. This opens the door for much higher sensitivity and accuracy levels than was possible before and even extends its benefits to lower DPI settings. This is coupled with an ultra low lift off distance (LOD) to provide gamers with the ability to perform actions in a split-second. This ultra low LOD allows gamers to quickly reposition their mouse without the fear of sending the mouse cursor flying off to undesired areas of the screen.
Sensor improvements also improve the accuracy of tracking on multiple surface types and textures to provide maximum compatibility. Sentinel Advance 2 contains all of the features that made its predecessors great. It includes a 128 KB of onboard memory for profile storage and management, customizable color LEDs, a large palm grip, on-the-fly DPI adjustment, and a modular weight management system.
Engineering a Better Mousepad
A much needed prescription for gaming, Speed Rx uses synthetic mesh that is comprised of nano fibers that are specifically designed for high end gaming grade optical sensors, but works equally well with laser sensors. These nano fibers generate a surface that reduces drag and improves overall tracking. At 5 mm thick, it provides a cushion that helps reduce fatigue. A triple layer heat bonding process greatly lengthens the useful life of the Speed Rx. The underside is coated in an anti-slip grip to keep the mousepad positioned as desired.
The accuracy and advantage of a seasoned veteran await you with the Sentinel Advance 2 and Speed Rx.
The Sentinel Advance 2 and Speed Rx will release on March, 2012.
- Sentinel V2 - MSRP $59.99
- RX-Pad - MSRP $19.99
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge CPU Overclocked 6,274MHz
X79 Motherboards Don't Run GTX 680 in PCIe Gen 3
I was testing this myself earlier in the day while setting up a 3-way SLI GeForce GTX 680 setup, but the cards refuse to run in PCIe Gen 3 mode. There seems to be a little issue with the driver.
Basically, the video adapter does not support PCI Express Gen 3.0 on motherboards powered by the X79 chipset.
SilverStone White SST-PS07
Nice, SilverStone will be reelasing a Series PS07 chassis in all white.
As you can see from the photo's the case carries model number "SST-PS07W".
The chassis will support motherboards in micro-ATX and mini-ITX form-factors. Internally, the motherboard tray is inverted and its PSU tray is located on the top. It features two 5.25" drive bays, one exposed 3.5" drive bay (includes a hot-swap caddie), five internal 3.5" bays, and one 2.5" bay. Cooling system includes two 120 mm 1200 RPM fans in the front, and provision for one 120 mm fan on the rear. The front-panel includes two USB 3.0 ports. The framework of the case is made of steel, its front-panel is made of ABS, with a dash of aluminum.
ZOTAC Working On GeForce GTX 680 with 2 GHz Core Clock Speed
Unless the continuesly subzero-cool it ... I'm afraid it would not be a possibility. However AIC partners, ZOTAC (China) General Manager Mr. Kwai claimed that his company was working on a "Godly" GeForce GTX 680 non-reference design graphics card, with 2 GHz core clock speed.
The card would be designed to demonstrate ZOTAC's engineering potential with non-reference designs. It will be ready by mid-April, 2012. ZOTAC is an NVIDIA-exclusive brand backed by OEM Goliath PC Partner, which also holds AMD-exclusive brand Sapphire Technology.
Well, we'll see ...
Intel to offer new SSDs
Intel, following the launch of 520 series SSDs in February 2012, will release 300 series models, codenamed Maple Crest, in May and 720 series, codenamed Ramsdale, both based on 25nm MLC technology, according to Taiwan-based PC vendors and makers as reported by Digitimes.
With two storage capacity options of 400GB and 800 GB and featuring a PCIe interface, Ramsdale SSDs are specifically for business use, the sources indicated.
In addition, Intel will release 500 series SSDs, King Crest, based on 20nm MLC technology in the third quarter as well as models under the three series, including 700 series Taylorsville (100GB, 200GB, 400GB, 800GB) and 300 series Jay Crest and Oak Crest, in the fourth quarter, the sources said.
Although SSDs are much more expensive than HDDs, replacement of HDDs with SSDs has become a trend and 2012 is a key year, the sources indicated.