OCZ RevoDrive X2 240GB review
We test the OCZ Revodrive X2, a concept that is close to that IBIS product, but also is not. Will this RAID based SSD solution be faster, slower or equal in performance relative to that IBIS ? Fact remains, today we'll pass 700 MB/sec of storage performance from something slapped onto a PCIe 4x slots and that is just frightening to test, that fast.
Now sure, it will not be a cheap solution, but never ever was a NAND flash storage unit more compelling and attractive than the X2.
Read our article right here.
Minicute budget gaming mouse
You sometimes wonder how much money a company like Razer makles on their gaming mouses. A company called Minicute send us an e-mail to present Scorpion, a new 2400DPI 6-button gaming mouse. The peripheral is equipped with fancy LEDs and has a weight adjustment system. The company claims the mouse will be available for just $7 (without packing).
Check the thumbnail, at 7 bucks .. not bad man.
UK Plans to Block All Internet Porn
Internet cencorship is getting pretty darn dangerous. THE UK Government is to combat the early sexualization of children by blocking internet pornography unless parents request it, it was revealed today. The move is intended to ensure that children are not exposed to sex as a routine by-product of the internet.
It follows warnings about the hidden damage being done to children by sex sites. The biggest broadband providers, including BT, Virgin Media and TalkTalk, are being called to a meeting next month by Ed Vaizey, the communications minister, and will be asked to change how pornography gets into homes. Instead of using parental controls to stop access to pornography - so-called "opting out" - the tap will be turned off at source. Adults will then have to "opt in."
Crysis 2 Singleplayer Trailer - Be The Weapon!
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Vietnam now on Steam
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam, is now available on Steam for $14.99.
- 5 Brand New Maps: From the rice fields of the Phu Bai Valley to the napalm scorched earth of Hill 137, five distinct Vietnam-based maps each bring a fresh visual and gameplay experience.
- 6 Immortalized Vehicles: Skim the treetops in the iconic American helicopter. Drive the sturdy Russian T54 tank and the nimble US PBR "Pibber" patrol boat, plus three more vehicles immortalized in the Vietnam war.
- 15 Characteristic Weapons: Charge into battle with 15 new weapons modeled on their real life counter-parts, including the rare Navy SEAL XM22 machinegun and the characteristic M79 "Blooper" Grenade Launcher.
- Rocking 60's Soundtrack: Listen to 8 radio channels in-game, featuring 2 hours of time typical tracks, including "Ride of the Valkyries" and "Fortunate Son" by CCR.
True War Dialogue: All-new voiceovers for both American and Vietnamese forces, based on authentic communication from the Vietnam War.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam is also available at the EA Store. Other digital distribution portals, like Direct2Drive, have it listed for release on December 21st. Here's the launch trailer.
eVGA P67 Classified motherboard spotted
Earlier on we received a photo from eVGA on their upcoming Sandy Bridge based P67 Classified motherboard. Check it out, six mechanical PCie x16 slots, proper positioned 8-pin power headers and check out the angled ATX motherboard connector, finally somebody who's doing that.
Overall a good and familiar looking motherboard, we assume there's an NF200 IC on their due to the many logical x8 PCIe slots.looks good, check out the thumbnail.
MSI R6850 Cyclone Power Edition First Look
MSI in the near future will be releasing a Radeon HD 6850 called the Cyclone Power Edition. We snagged a couple of photo's of the final product for you guys. The product will be based on the military class component selection including the new SFC (Super Ferrite) chokes. The card looks robust and well built. It will have 6 phases available on the GPU area and another phase for its full Gigabyte of memory.
Early reports have shown that this card was able to achieve 1000 MHz on the core and 4x1200 MHz on the memory, based on a core voltage tweak at 1.2V. Sitting on top of the GPU is of course known Cyclone cooler.
The MSI R6850 Cyclone Power Edition will get four connectors, two DVI connectors, one HDMI and of course a display port connector. Pricing has not yet been announced but we expect it to hover at 160 EUR.
Zalman CNPS 9900 MAX review
Hitachi launches 7 mm thin HDD
Fractal Design Arc Series Mid-Tower Cases
Fractal Design announced the Arc Series of cases. The new Fractal Design Arc Series of cases create a niche of their own; a combination of stellar performance and cooling options with stylish, minimalistic looks and an overall understated elegance. This new Arc Series Midi Tower format offers plenty of cooling options, up to 8 fans of various sizes can be installed. Unique for its small size, it also offers room to mount a thick, dual 120mm radiator in the top panel.
Elegant top and front panels are both easily removable and pre-fitted with fan filters to ensure a dust free interior. The sleek black interior is matched and contrasted with white expansion slots and HDD trays. Similar to the Define Series, all the HDD trays are fitted with anti-vibration silicon grommets. The upper HDD cage is removable and rotatable, which enables support for even the longest graphic cards.
Tangled cables are a thing of the past as the Arc Series offers an innovative, convenient, and great looking way to hide them away. The motherboard mounting plate has rubber covered holes in which you can easily route the cables to a compartment behind the motherboard, which has more than ample storage space.
- Stylish, minimalistic front panel with alu-look
- Optimized for performance, massive cooling and water cooling support
- A total of 8(!) fan slots (2x 140mm in front, 3x 120/140 in top, 1x 120/140 in bottom, 1x 120/140 in rear, 1x 140/180mm in side panel)
- 3x 140mm fans included (1x in front, 1x in rear and 1x in top)
- Support for dual 120mm radiator in top, even thicker radiators up to 60mm in thickness
- 8x white painted HDD trays, with silicone mounting
- Upper HDD cage is removable and rotatable
- USB 3.0 support in front panel
- Excellent cable routing and cable routing covers
- Easily removable front panel with clip on fan slots
- Extra, vertically mounted expansion slot, suitable for fan controllers or non-input expansion cards
- 8x 3,5 inch HDD trays, compatible with SSD!
- 2x 5,25 inch bays, with 1x 5,25>3,5 inch converter included
- On top of front panel: 3x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0 and Audio I/O
- No PSU included (removable filter below PSU)
- M/B compatibility: Mini ITX, Micro ATX and ATX
- 7+1 expansion slots with sleek white painted brackets
- Supports graphic card lengths up to 290mm when removable HDD-Bay is in place
- Supports graphic card lengths up to 470mm without removable HDD-Bay
- Supports CPU coolers with height of 180mm
- Supports PSU
JEDEC unveils 300MB/s Universal Flash Storage (UFS) Standard
JEDEC announced the Universal Flash Storage (UFS) standard, a new specification for flash memory-based storage in mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. The final specification is expected to be ready in early 2011. JEDEC Solid State Technology Association, the global leader in the development of standards for the microelectronics industry, today announced that it is moving towards publication of the next-generation flash memory standard, Universal Flash Storage (UFS). Major progress achieved at recent JEDEC committee meetings provides visibility on the anticipated UFS interface, which has been designed to be the most advanced specification for flash memory-based storage in mobile devices such as smart phones and tablet computers. Developed to help address the ever-increasing demand for improved device performance, UFS has been designed to initially enable data throughput of 300 megabytes per second (MB/s), and support command queuing features to raise the random read/write speeds. The standard will be finalized for public use within the next three months.
- An explosion of data-intensive applications for mobile devices is driving the need for versatile storage solutions, and currently available flash storage options might not have the span to match overall system performance planned for future generation platforms. UFS will provide a dramatic change in architecture to increase performance while maintaining the benefits of low power consumption offered by existing solutions such as eMMCTM.
- The new standard will be based on a high speed serial interface targeting up to 2.9 gigabits per second (Gbps) with up-scalability to 5.8Gbps. UFS will initially offer three times the interface speed of the prevalent eMMC interface, which is comparable to serial ATA-2. Moreover, UFS will offer the promise for significant reductions in device power consumption due to a low active power level and a near-zero idle power level.
- The new standard also will support multiple commands with command queuing features and enabling a multi-thread programming paradigm, unlike conventional flash-based memory cards and embedded flash solutions such as eMMC, which process one command at a time, limiting random read/write access performance.
Speaking from a recent technical committee meeting in San Francisco, Mian Quddus, Chairman of JEDEC
Razer Scarab mousepad
Razer shows off Scarab, a new hard gaming mousepad that succeeds the Razer Destructor. This new mouse mat promises more accurate tracking thanks to the Razer Fractal 2.0 textured surface and offers an improved rubber base. The Scarab measures 350mm x 280mm x 3mm (W x L x H) and is bundled with a reinforced carrying case. It will start shipping in January 2011 for $39.99.
The Razer Scarab gaming mouse mat is the much anticipated sequel to the Razer Destructor.
To create a mouse mat that is on par with the performance capabilities of today
Catalyst 10.12a hotfix adds Radeon HD 6900 support
AMD uploaded Catalyst 10.12a hotfix, this new update adds support for the Radeon HD 6900 series and introduces support for 5x1 AMD Eyefinity display configurations. You can download it over here.
AMD Catalyst driver support for systems running Windows
Portal 2 VGA 10 Trailer
Radeon HD 6950 CrossfireX review
Where we are a little puzzled about the Radeon HD 6950 all by itself, but in CrossfireX this solutions seems to kick ass massively. See with two Cayman PRO GPUs on board you effectively can double up everything without being extremely CPU limited.
Joining us today in this article is a R6950 board from Gigabyte, this is a reference board with a Gigabyte sticker really. Since we do not continuously want to report about reference performance we decided to get the Gigabyte board as leading card in this review. So on the next page we'll chat a little about multi-GPU setups, we'll walk through the Gigabyte bundle and then head on over to check out variables like power consumptions, heat, noise and of course all game tests ... the results will not disappoint, no Sir.
Check out the full review right here.
Thermaltake TR2 Bronze Mainstream PSU Series
Thermaltake introduces the brand new TR2 Bronze series of mainstream power supplies. With the 80 Plus Bronze certification these power supplies offer up to 88% efficiency and the 99% Active Power Factor Correction guarantees lowest power loss. The TR 2 Bronze series comes in six wattage models thereby catering to individual user needs. The 380W, 450W 500W, and 600W models are specifically targeting mainstream setups, while the TR2 700W and 800W models are certified for 2-way NVIDIA SLI and ATI CrossFireX supporting more demanding enthusiast and gaming configurations.
The entire series use a dedicated single 12V rail with built-in PCI-E 6pin and PCI-E 6+2pin connectors for support of all high end graphic cards available on the market today.
With high quality 105
Sparkle GeForce GTX 580 V-Go Graphics Card
SPARKLE announced the world's first independent produced GeForce GTX 580 V-Go Graphics Card. Since the release date, there's no independent produced GeForce GTX 580 graphics card from AIC, because it is very difficult to pass the extreme rigorous tests and verification conducted by NVIDIA. All the GeForce GTX 580 graphics cards which users now can buy in market are the reference boards, by definition all brands GTX580 series graphics cards are identical. As NVIDIA's add-in-cards partner and global strategic partner, with the strong R&D and manufacturing capabilities, SPARKLE took the lead in passing the NVIDIA original product performance testing, thermal performance and noise testing, product reliability/compatibility testing, burn-in and a series of strict validation, to become the world's first AIC manufacturer which can self-produce the GeForce GTX580 reference boards.
SPARKLE GeForce GTX580 V-Go provides the user with the perfect quality from the reference board, but also integrated with SPARKLE unique design style. The graphics card uses blue PCB design, double purple DVI-I + mini HDMI output interfaces, changing from the black PCB with the white color of output interface from the reference design, so that entire graphics card is elegant with dynamic appearance.
As the world's most powerful gaming graphics card with single chip, the SPARKLE GeForce GTX580 V-Go adopts NVIDIA latest Fermi architecture, with 512 CUDA cores, 1536MB GDDR5 high-speed video memory, so the DX11 performance and image quality of SPARKLE GTX580 V-Go's have been improved tremendously, bringing film-like realistic to DIY gamers. The Sparkle GTX580 V-Go uses Vapor Chamber thermal cooling design, thermal cooling efficiency of this design is far more than the copper heat-pipe cooling, bringing cooling and quiet operation.
Self-confidence From The Strength
Strong research and development capabilities has been the proud and important resource of SPARKLE. .Accounted for 44% of the company's human resources, the SPARKLE R&D team has established a global technology, talent, experience and quality management research and development platform. SPARKLE has a strong production and manufacturing capacity, with 1,200 members standard operating lines, the average monthly production capacity exceeded 600K pcs. In the back of strong support, SPARKLE GeForce GTX580 V-Go can go to the market massively in the near future, meeting the need of high-end gamers and industry users.
Professional With The Pursuit of Excellence
SPARKLE GeForce GTX580 V-Go follows the leading edge technology and outstanding design and delicate process of SPARKLE graphics cards. SPARKLE graphics cards constantly improved in performance management, thermal efficiency, noise control, and operational stability, and many other aspects to meet the need of high-end gamers and professional users.
Inno3D iChill VC26 cooler for GeForce GTX 580 and 570
Some photos of the upcoming iChill VC26 cooler from Inno3D are out on the web. This new cooling solution will be used for GeForce GTX 570 and GeForce GTX 580 graphics cards, it features a copper base, five heatpipes, and 112 aluminium cooling fins. The VC26 is equipped with three orange fans; two 80mm PWM fans at each side and a 90mm PWM fan in the middle. Additionally, the side of the cooler features an iChill logo that's illuminated by a blue LED.
In addition,it features all-in-one aluminum fins on PCB for strengthening cooling of power supply and memory. As Inno3D revealed,IChill VC26 cooler can make the full-loaded temperature of reference GTX 580/570 drop by a large margin,at the same time,the noise is in good control.For the time being,it remains to be seen whether Inno3D will introduce IChill VC26 cooler-based GTX 580/570.
Check out the thumbnail.