Call of Duty: Black Ops 'First Strike' DLC MP Video
GeForce Forceware 266.58 drivers out for download
GeForce Forceware 266.58 Windows XP | 7 | Vista are out for grabs.
Increases performance for GeForce 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. the latest Release 260 drivers. The following are examples of some of the most significant improvements measured on Windows 7. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
GeForce GTX 580:
o Up to 7% in Battlefield Bad Company 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
o Up to 12% in Battleforge (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF Very High)
o Up to 11% in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
o Up to 7% in Dirt 2 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
o Up to 7% in Far Cry 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
o Up to 5% in Just Cause 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF Dark Tower)
o Up to 5% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (SLI
HWiNFO32 v3.67 released
HWiNFO32 is a professional hardware information and diagnostic tools supporting latest components, industry technologies and standards. Both tools are targeted to recognize and extract the most possible amount of information about computer's hardware which makes them suitable for users searching for driver updates, computer manufactures, system integrators and technical experts too. Retrieved information's are presented in a logical and easily understandable form and can be exported into various types of reports.
- Fixed measuring of CPU clock on certain AMD CPUs under Windows 7.
- Improved displaying of CPU and GPU logo.
- Improved measurement precision of CPU Power consumption on Ibex Peak and Sandy Bridge platforms.
- Fixed recognition of Sandy Bridge K-series when used on platforms other than P67.
- Added Smart Battery monitoring into sensors.
- Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASRock P67 and H67 series.
- Added reporting of BIOS EFI capability.
- Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS P8P67, P8H67 and SABERTOOTH P67 series.
- Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS Maximus IV Extreme.
- Enhanced sensor monitoring on GIGABYTE P67 and H67 series.
- Enhanced Ivy Bridge support.
- Added nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti.
- Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS G73SW.
- Fixed possible GPU/Display issues on HP 8730w (caused by GPU I2C).
- Fixed reporting of GPU clock on some nVidia G9x-based GPUs.
ECS H67H2-I very cute very small
Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS) is delighted to introduce the latest Intel based mini-ITX motherboard
Quad Core Fusion Llano faster than Core i3 540
Tech site Donanim Haber received leaked information about AMD's Llano CPUs. They claim that all performance figures came from official AMD documents.
According to the news:
- Dual Core Llano with Winterpark integrated graphic is slower than not only Athlon II X2 250 but also Pentium E6500 in general performance. But It's dramatically (4.7x) faster than Intel platform in general conclusion which includes visual performance and compute capacity.
- Quad Core Llano with Beavercreek integrated graphic is slower than Athlon II X4 640 but faster than Core i3-540. And also Quad Core Llano provides graphics performance between Radeon HD 5500-5600 level with integrated graphic.
- AMD will launch Fusion Llano as A Series Vision Premium processors.
- AMD also working on special graphics technology for Lynx platform
GeForce GTX 560 Ti gets listed in China
The guys at TC mag reported that a Chinese store has a listing on Gigabyte's GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics card. This model has a dual-fan WindForce 2X cooling solution and is equipped with 384 CUDA cores, a 900MHz GPU (822MHz stock), 1800MHz shaders (1644MHz stock) and 1GB GDDR5 clocked at 4000MHz. Outputs include Dual-DVI and Mini-HDMI. The Chinese shop lists the card for 1899 yuan, which equals around $288 at the current currency exchange rate.
It's rumored that this product will launch next week and should be pitted against even a Radeon HD 6950 in terms of performance.
SanDisk debuts 45MB/s SDHC cards
That's nice and fast portable storage alright, SanDisk revealed the Extreme Pro SDHC UHS-I, a new memory card capable of achieving up to 45MB/s read and write speeds. It will be available in 8GB to 32GB capacities with prices ranging from $109.99 to $349.99.
SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), the global leader in flash memory cards, today introduced the SanDisk Extreme
Zalman ZM-VE200 HDD enclosure
Zalman announced the ZM-VE200, a new external HDD enclosure with a 3Gbps eSATA interface. What makes this product a little more special is its virtual drive function, it enables you to store and load ISO images of CD/DVDs. Unlike any other External HDD enclosures, we have spiced it up with world
Transcend updates its SSD lineup
Transcend announced the launch of its upgraded 2.5
GeForce GTX 460 SE review
If there is one release from NVIDIA that can be classified as 'a little weird' it just has to be the GeForce GTX 460 SE, out of the blue this product was injected into the retail sales stream, quietly.
Positioned in-between a 768 MB and the 1024MB version of the GTX the 1024MB SE version is now available. We'll test Zotac's GeForce GTX 460 SE version, armed with a full GB of graphics memory and a slightly faster core clock frequency opposed to the regular SE models. Check out the full review here.
Antec Sonata IV Enclosure
FSP Group Aurum Series 80Plus Gold Certified PSUs
FSP Group, a channel brand distributor of reputed PC and server power supply manufacturer Fortron, unveiled its latest line of high-efficiency PSUs for PC enthusiasts. Named FSP Aurum (Latin for Gold), the PSUs are 80Plus Gold certified, with over 90 percent efficiency at all times.
Apart from introducing a completely new look to the series with a granite finish and gold trim; there are also two new technical developments from FSP. The first one is MIA ICTM Patent Technology for increased system safety and the second, Arrow FlowTM ventilation for improved cooling and performance.
The new series has fixed cables and is available in the following wattages: 400W, 500W, 600W or 700W.
Best-selling games of 2010
The NPD Group has released their list of the best-selling video games of 2010, across all platforms. According to the NPD Group, Call of Duty: Black Ops was the biggest selling game of 2010 (new physical retail only, including PC), pushing "more than 12 million units" out the door since its launch in November 2010.
Confuzing and irritating as heck as to why digital sales were not included.
Top 10 Best-Selling Video Games of 2010 (US)
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, Wii, PC, NDS)
2. Madden NFL 11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP)
3. Halo: Reach (360)
4. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
5. Red Dead Redemption (360, PS3)
6. Wii Fit Plus (Wii)
7. Just Dance 2 (Wii)
8. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (360, PS3, PC)
9. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (360, PS3)
10. NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, PC)
HIS Radeon HD 6950 with 1GB GDDR5
HIS just released a HIS Radeon HD 6950 with 1GB GDDR5 launched, pretty interesting as the reference models all came with 2 GB. It might shave off a little extra money as 1 GB gDDR5 kight cost 40 USD alone.
The card uses a much smaller than reference custom PCB and features a custom cooling solution with a large fan located in the middle of the card. The card has a 800MHz core and the 1GB GDDR5 is clocked at 5000MHz. Outputs include dual-DVI, HDMI and dual Mini-DisplayPort.
Pricing is unknown, but this release is interesting as it might try to fight off with NVIDIA's upcoming GeForce GTX 560 Ti. Photo below, click the thumbnail.
MSI GeForce GTX 570 and 580 Twin Frozr II
MSI released its Twin Frozr II editions of the GeForce GTX 570 and GeForce GTX 580 graphics cards. This custom-cooler has several heatpipes, an aluminium fin array and two 80mm fans, it promises 20
KFA2 GeForce GTX 460 Razor Single Slot review
We test the KFA2 GeForce GTX 460 Razor Single Slot graphics card that is bound to delivers a very decent gaming experience. The Razor single slot solution could be interesting as a small form factor product.
Check out the full review right here.
MSI Afterburner 2.1.0 Beta 6
We're happy to see MSI Afterburner is leading the overclock applications, but where satisfied with what we have now, we plan to go one step beyond everybody!
The most exciting thing in this beta is the support of HD 6970 and HD 6950. Now you can tweak voltage of HD 6970 and HD 6950 by afterburner.
Gigabyte GTX 570 WindForce3X Graphics Card
Gigabyte adds a new WindForce3x model to its lineup, this time the Geforce GTX 570 gets the royal treatment. We tested plenty of these products already and that cooler is very impressive and silent.
The product can be found under SKU code N570OC-13I and clocks in at speeds of 780 MHz core and 1560 MHz on the 480 shader cores, against reference speeds of 732 and 1464 MHz, respectively.
The Ultra Durable VGA PCB by gigabyte makes use of quality components and 2 oz copper layer board. Other specifications are standard. Have a peek: