NVIDIA - GT300 yields are fine ...
Recently a rumor on the web popped up that NVIDIA's yields on the new GT300 chip are lower than 2%
GT300 is the new high-end DX11 class GPU that will empower their upcoming graphics cards.
To put a leash on the rumor a senior manager from NVIDIA is now saying that
Radeon HD 5850 pictured
Though you guys have been able to see this card in several AIB/AIC announcements, here's a reference photo of the Radeon HD 5850. Same shape, same style, a little smaller. You can read all about this card in our reference review of course.
NVIDIA ForceWare 191.03 released
A new driver has been relased by NVIDIA.
New in Version 191.03
- Adds support for OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8, 9, 100, and 200-series GPUs and ION GPUs.
- Accelerates performance in several gaming applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with version 191.03 drivers vs. version 190.62 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
- Up to 12% performance increase in ARMA 2
- Up to 8% performance increase in Batman: Arkham Asylum with GPU PhysX enabled
- Up to 50% performance increase in Call of Juarez: Blood in Bound with SLI enabled
- Up to 14% performance increase in Fallout 3 (indoor scenes) with antialiasing enabled
- Up to 10% performance increase in Far Cry 2 (DX9 version) with antialiasing enabled
- Up to 34% performance increase in Prototype with antialiasing enabled
- Adds SLI support for Darkfall, Dawn of Magic 2: Time of Shadows, Dreamkiller, Fuel, Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim, Need for Speed: Shift and more.
- Includes numerous bug fixes, including the following key fix (additional bug fixes can be found in the release notes on the documentation tab): For graphics cards supporting multiple clock states, 3D clocks correctly return to 2D clocks after exiting a 3D application.
- Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
New in Release 190/191 Drivers
- Installs PhysX System Software version 9.09.0814.
- Supports CUDA 2.3 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications. See CUDA Zone for more details.
We have a discussion thread open here.
Radeon HD 5870 X2 (Hemlock) pictures
We've mentioned the X2 version of the 5870 a couple of times already. Moments ago some pictures of 'Hemlock' actually surfaced.
The card indeed is slightly longer than the Single GPU based 5870,but seems to have better ventilation. It draws its power from one 6+2 pin and one 6 pin PCI-E power connectors.
To get a rough idea on how the 5870 X2 card will perform, have a look at this article.
Well, go have a look .. click on the thumbnails:
MSI Introduces the R5870 and R5850
As top computer gamers are demanding only the very best hardware, all manufacturers in the industry are constantly striving for the efficiency and performance to fulfill these needs. In order to adequately cater to these ever increasing performance demands, now MSI, leading graphics cards and mainboard manufacturer has joined forces with the renowned graphics chip manufacturer AMD and today officially launch the next generation MSI R5800 series graphics cards. The 40 nm GPU supports DirectX 11 and a variety of AMD-exclusive audiovisual and performance enhancing technologies, creating an entirely new series of performance oriented craftsmanship.
The brand new MSI R5870/R5850 series uses more advanced 40nm GPU to implement decisively more transistors within the same amount of space and thereby reaching a new level of performance. In addition the modern 40nm process reduces power consumption and brings about a more efficient overall electrical utilization. By using the advantages of this innovative 40nm process technology, the next generation MSI R5870/R5850 series offers outstanding performance of a new kind.
Support a verity of next-generation graphics standards
Apart from the production process advancements, the entire new MSI R5870/R5850 series is already optimized for the upcoming Windows 7 operating system, and the first one to support the new DirectX 11 / Shader 5.0, thereby taking the immersive gaming experience to a new level, dramatically improving special effects enjoyment. Furthermore the MSI R5870/R5850 also provide for more comprehensive graphics software support. Not only is OpenGL 3.1 supported but also the newest OpenCL standard. This allows the powerful graphics processor to not only render visual effects but also being used on general computing matters which helps to reduce CPU usage resulting in turn to a more effective overall performance.
Brand new ATi Eyefinity technology - single-card triple-screen output
For those gamers who concerned about multiple graphics output, the MSI R5870/R5850 series graphics cards already support the new ATi Eyefinity technology, allowing for triple screen output on one single card; The ATi Eyefinity technology breaks with the former limitations that one graphics card could only support a maximum of two outputs. Now, in using ATi Eyefinity gamers can extend their game play to three displays widen visibility and providing excellent views of every angle putting the gamers truly into the game, and also reach a new level of game play.
Lucid announces multi-GPU Hydra 200 Chip
For the first time ever, motherboard, graphics card manufacturers and users can have the flexibility to use different combinations of GPUs from AMD (ATI) and NVIDIA in notebooks and PCs. The solution delivers faster 3D graphics at consumer price points.
The new HYDRA 200 SoC is Lucid's second generation parallel graphics processor that works with any GPU, CPU or chipset to provide scalable 3D graphics performance in a multi-GPU computing environment. On display for the first time at IDF 2009 (booth 213) HYDRA 200 is faster, more flexible, smaller and more power-efficient than its predecessor silicon, the HYDRA 100.
"We've further refined our HYDRA engine and made it faster and more flexible, allowing for a near limitless combination of GPU's," said Lucid vice president of research and
Razer updates DeathAdder optical mouse
The same ergonomic right-handed design remains, as does the 1ms response time. There is a 7-foot braided fiber cable that resists tangling, and a gold-plated USB connector. For easy gliding, the feet are made of Teflon. The updated DeathAdder mouse from Razer is now available, priced at $60.
ATI dual-GPU Hemlock to cost less than $500
It's now rumored on the web that the Radeon HD 5870 X2 (dual GPU card) that should arrive in November/December will be selling under $500. Hemlock (codename) would be slightly longer than the Radeon HD 5870 card so it is probably around 12" long.
Logic assumes that you can expect 2 versions; Radeon HD 5870 X2 and HD 5850 X2. From a leaked screenshot VRZone claims that from the CCC (control panel, you can see that the card in the machine is clocked at 725MHz core and 1GHz memory and comes with 1GB GDDR5 memories so probably this is the 5850 X2 version. Note that AMD is still finalizing on the clocks and other details so nothing is confirmed at this point of time.
I've tried to cleaup the photo's a little with photoshop to make them a t elast a little bit readable.
OCZ low-voltage AMD Black Edition DDR3 kits
OCZ released two new dual-channel 4GB Black Edition DDR3 memory kits for AMD's Phenom II processors, these modules run at 1600MHz and are available with CL7 or CL8 latencies.
OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today expanded their lineup of DDR3 to include certified OCZ Black Edition 4GB kits for ultimate compatibility with AMD
First Mission in Modern Warfare 2 video
Ooh, sahky cam footage of the first mission in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has leaked onto the Internet today.
Modern Warfare 2 is slated to arrive on November 10, 2009. Check it out, if you like spoilers of course.
Radeon HD 5870 CrossfireX Performance Review
As the dust settles from yesterdays Radeon series 5800 graphics cards release today we'll look into Radeon HD 5870 CrossfireX performance and scaling in a dedicated article covering a large benchmark test suite.
The fun thing about this article will be the fact that it will almost EXACTLY tell us the performance of the upcoming Radeon HD 5870 X2 as well, which is one of the most anticipated cards by Guru3D aficionado's, oh dude come on admit it. Let's head on over to the article where we'll tell a little about Multi-GPU gaming, and then directly without any technical stuff dive into performance.
You can find this article right here.
GPU-Z 0.3.5 released
Our colleagues from TPU released a new versuin of GPU-Z. GPU-Z is a lightweight utility designed to give you all information about your video card and GPU.
A new update on GPU-Z is out and it supports the latest catalyst & latest forceware drivers. Here is the list of changes :
- ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress) fully supported (includes voltage monitoring)
- Added or improved support for
NVIDIAFX5500, 9400 GT, G73, GTS 240, GT 140, FX 1800, GT 120 (Apple), FX 380, FX 350, GTX 295 Single PCB, Quadro CX, FX 5800, FX 4800, FX 3800, GTX 180M, GTX 260M, FX 2700M, G 110M, GT 120M, GT 220M, FX 1700M, G 105M, MCP79MX
- Added or improved support for ATI HD 4730, HD 4650 AGP, M92, M96, M98
- Added clock reading for Intel i910, i915, i945, 946
- Added support for DDR3 detection on G9x
- Added monitoring support for RV7xx based mobile chips
- Voltage controller "slaves" are now called "phases"
- Added Intel Havendale detection
- Fixed BIOS parsing on some newer HD 4870 cards
- Added voltage monitoring support for MSI N275GTX Lightning
Download : click here
HiS Radeon HD 5850 and 5870
Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 Vapor-X
Sapphire is prepping a Sapphire HD 5870 Vapor-X graphics cards. This picture shows the cooler fitted on the AMD reference PCB. Looks cool, and we just love Vapor-X coolers, we hope its real good.
Intel Larrabee Larrabee demo Surfaces
Running an actual pre-production Larrabee graphics card Sean Maloney treated press on a single demo - a motionless camera looking over a shipwrecked boat with pretty water effects and the odd helicopter flying overhead.
This video is from IDF 2009 demonstrating real-time ray tracing on the Larrabee. Let's hope intel has a little more to show next year than just this.
Batman: Arkham Asylum PhysX Patch
AMD GPU Clock Tool v0.9.26.0 For HD 5870
For this interested until we can safely release Rivatuner 2.25, here is the Overclocking and Monitoring Tool from AMD lets you overclock the HD 5870, also you can change the voltages and monitor sensors.
[0.9.25.1] July 17, 2009
- test build - disable device ID check on VBIOS images obtained via ATRM method
[0.9.25.2] July 21, 2009
- test build - Cypress/Juniper thermal sensors
[0.9.26] July 23, 2009
- release build with Cypress/Juniper support
NVIDIA Forceware 191.00 WHQL released
You can now download NVIDIA ForceWare 191.00 for Windows XP, 7 and Vista :
New in Release 191.00:
- Adds support for OpenGL 3.1
- Adds support for CUDA 2.3 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications. See CUDA for more details.
- Includes several new control panel features. Accelerates performance in workstation applications.
- Workstation application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, feature limitations, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
- Supports NVIDAI SLI technology (two-way SLI) for DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboard based system from select OEMs.
- Includes full support for OpenGL 3.1.
- Added support for DDC-Ci/MCCS over the DisplayPort AUX channel.
- Added 10-bits per color (10bpc) DisplayPort support for full-screen applications on supported products.