HWiNFO64 version 4.00
HWiNFO32 is a professional hardware information and diagnostic tools supporting latest components, industry technologies and standards. Both tools are targeted to recognize and extract the most possible amount of information about computer's hardware which makes them suitable for users searching for driver updates, computer manufactures, system integrators and technical experts too.
- Fixed GPU logo when switching between GPUs.
- Improved GK1xx fan speed reporting.
- Fixed reporting of GPU clocks for ATI R6xx family.
- Added AMD Radeon HD 7420G, 7520G, 7620G, 7640G, 7660G, 7480D, 7540D, 7560D, 7660D models.
- Added preliminary AMD Kaveri support.
- Enhanced sensor monitoring on BIOSTAR A75 and TZ77 series. \
- Enhanced sensor monitoring on MSI X79 series.
- Added nVidia GeForce GTX 670 and GeForce GTX 690.
- Improved drive and SMART enumeration on systems with Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers.
- Fixed reporting of CPU DTS temperatures on multiple CPU packages.
- Improved nVidia GPU voltage monitoring with nVidia R3xx drivers.
- Added fan speed monitoring on ASUS G74Sx and G75VW notebooks.
- Optimized performance and memory usage in Sensor-only mode.
- Improved handling of RTSS.
Enhanced support of AMD Trinity.
MSI Afterburner 2.2.2 Download
MSI announced today that its Afterburner V2.2.2 overclocking utility and its Kombustor testing utility is now available for all gamers to download worldwide.
This version supports the control of South Island and Kepler card, if you get the card, you may try to play it.
Changes list includes:
- Changes list includes:
- Increased upper allowed power limit for power limit adjustment slider on some extreme editions of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600 series graphics cards
- ATIPDLXX.DLL is no longer included in MSI Afterburner distributive
- MSI On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 4.3.4. New version gives you the following improvements:
o Fixed framerate calculation for DirectX10/DirectX11 applications, which actively use presentation testing during rendering (e.g. Max Payne 3)
MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning review
We review and test the MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning. An all customized PCB, extra features, a fast factory-overclock and that new TwinFrozr IV cooler is bound to make the Kepler GPU empowered MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning a very sexy product.
Check out our full review right here.
HIS Digital Sets New 3DMark World Record
The HIS Digital, HIS 7970 X set a new overclock world record with 4 x HIS 7970 X at 1480/1910MHz achieved 84669 marks on 3Dmark Vantage record.
The 4 HIS 7970 X cards performed to its best with HKEPC OC Lab
NVIDIA reponds to Linus Torvals Remarks
The statement follows on this reaction from the man:
Supporting Linux is important to NVIDIA, and we understand that there are people who are as passionate about Linux as an open source platform as we are passionate about delivering an awesome GPU experience.
Recently, there have been some questions raised about our lack of support for our Optimus notebook technology. When we launched our Optimus notebook technology, it was with support for Windows 7 only. The open source community rallied to work around this with support from the Bumblebee Open Source Project (http://bumblebee-project.org/). And as a result, we've recently made Installer and readme changes in our R295 drivers that were designed to make interaction with Bumblebee easier.
While we understand that some people would prefer us to provide detailed documentation on all of our GPU internals, or be more active in Linux kernel community development discussions, we have made a decision to support Linux on our GPUs by leveraging NVIDIA common code, rather than the Linux common infrastructure. While this may not please everyone, it does allow us to provide the most consistent GPU experience to our customers, regardless of platform or operating system.
As a result:
- Linux end users benefit from same-day support for new GPUs , OpenGL version and extension parity between NVIDIA Windows and NVIDIA Linux support, and OpenGL performance parity between NVIDIA Windows and NVIDIA Linux.
- We support a wide variety of GPUs on Linux, including our latest GeForce, Quadro, and Tesla-class GPUs, for both desktop and notebook platforms. Our drivers for these platforms are updated regularly, with seven updates released so far this year for Linux alone. The latest Linux drivers can be downloaded from www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html.
- We are a very active participant in the ARM Linux kernel. For the latest 3.4 ARM kernel
Google and ASUS7-inch tablet launches June 27
Sources from upstream component makers confided to DigiTimes that Google and Asustek are expected to reveal a $199 7" Nexus tablet at Google I/O, a developer event taking place from June 27-29 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. Manufactured by Quanta Computer, the tablet is anticipated to hit the retail channel in July and projected to hit shipments of at least three million units in the second half of the year.
With Google expected to unveil the details of the devices at Google I/O, Asustek Chairman Jonney Shih will also attend the conference to jointly announce the tablet PC with Google.
Due to its low price, the 7-inch Nexus tablet PC only supports a Wi-Fi connection and does not feature a back-side webcam, but will equip with a front-side webcam for video conference.
The device will also be preloaded with Google's Chrome browser, with compatibility issues having been resolved to allow smoother operation for some software applications.
ADATA XPG SX300 and Premier Pro SP300 mSATA SSDs
ADATA presents two new mSATA SSDs: the XPG SX300 and the Premier Pro SP300. ADATA
CM Storm Stryker full-tower released
Cooler Master reveals the CM Storm Stryker, a new white full-tower case. The CM Storm Stryker has a MSRP of 159.95EUR and will be available in retail stores from mid-July.
Today CM Storm, Cooler Master
Firefox and Adobe Flash 11.3 causing crashes
Adobe's Flash 11.3 plugin is causing issues with crashes or no contents loading in Firefox. Mozilla and Adobe have not been able to resolve the issue, but so far one of the only solutions for those experiencing problems is to downgrade to a previous version of Flash.
Firefox browsers that are currently running on Windows 7 and Vista that experiences crashes/or no contents on flash media sites should downgrade to Adobe
Vizio reveals new All-in-One PCs and laptops
Vizio makes its entry into the PC market with a line of laptops and All-in-One desktop PCs:
A decade ago, VIZIO, an upstart manufacturer from Costa Mesa, Calif., entered a very competitive TV market and went toe-to-toe with established brands. Against the odds, the company persevered and is now the No. 1 maker of LCD HDTVs in the United States.
Given the company
Valve drops Windows XP SP1 support for Steam
- Added warning message for users on XP SP1 or lower, support will be dropped August 31th 2012.
- Grid view now supports applying custom images to games and shortcuts, via the grid item�s context menu
- Fixed a bug where if you were disconnected from Steam, then reconnected, any tabbed chats would paint wrong until you changed tabs
- Fixed clearing login information in case �Don�t save account credentials on this computer� is checked
- Fixed HTTP proxy related download issue
- Fixed client crash related to game stats system
- Fixed button to remove completed downloads
- Fixed html control not drawing if Steam wasn't the foreground application
- Fixed html control being blank for a while on steam startup for some users
- Fixed Steam Cloud download errors in some situations
DOOM 3 BFG Edition Release Date Announced
Antec P193 V3-JP Mid-Tower PC Case
Check out a new mid-tower PC case from Antec namely the P193 V3-JP. Adopting the dual-chamber design, this steel case supports for micro-ATX, ATX and E-ATX motherboards, and features a double-hinged front door, a front-placed I/O panel with 3x USB 3.0 and 2x audio ports, four 5.25-inch external drive bays, one 3.5-inch external drive bay, six 3.5-inch shadow bays, seven expansion slots and has four fans (2x 140mm top, 1x 120mm rear, 1x 200mm side). The P193 V3-JP will become available from June 19th for 19,800 Yen (about $250). [Product Page]
Grill Alert Talking Remote Meat Thermometer
Okay, best hardware of 2012 ? :)
The Grill Alert Talking Remote Meat Thermometer enables you to cook the perfect steak, no matter which method you choose. You just need to insert the stainless steel probes in the center of meat, select the type of meat you are cooking and how you would like it done (Rare, Medium Rare, Medium or Well Done). The Grill Alert Talking Remote Meat Thermometer will alert you when the meat is almost done and then done. The Grill Alert features a backlight display for nighttime grilling. $69.99 is all you need to bring home the Grill Alert Talking Remote Meat Thermometer. [Product Page]
Microsoft Announces Surface
Microsoft unveiled Surface: PCs built to be the ultimate stage for Windows. Company executives showed two Windows tablets and accessories that feature significant advances in industrial design and attention to detail. Surface is designed to seamlessly transition between consumption and creation, without compromise. It delivers the power of amazing software with Windows and the feel of premium hardware in one exciting experience.
- Advances in Industrial Design
Conceived, designed and engineered entirely by Microsoft employees, and building on the company's 30-year history manufacturing hardware, Surface represents a unique vision for the seamless expression of entertainment and creativity. Extensive investment in industrial design and real user experience includes the following highlights:
Software takes center stage: Surface sports a full-sized USB port and a 16:9 aspect ratio
TP-Link debuts TL-SG3424P JetStream Gigabit L2 Managed PoE switch
TP-Link reveals its JetStream Gigabit L2 Managed PoE Switch (TL-SG3424P). TP-LINK, a global provider of networking products, today announced its new JetStream
AMD to adopt 28nm bulk CMOS in 2013
AMD senior vice president and chief technology officer Mark Papermaster revealed the firm will fully switch from the existing SOI manufacturing process to 28nm bulk CMOS:
As for GPU manufacturing, AMD does not plan to make any changes. The current Southern Islands series already adopt Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company's (TSMC's) 28nm process, while its upcoming Sea Islands series will continue to adopt the same process. The Sea Islands series GPUs have already entered tape-out and should start manufacturing at the end of 2012 and will be announced in the first quarter of 2013.
Commenting about whether the Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) Foundation was formed to compete against Intel and Nvidia, Papermaster said that the company's cooperation with ARM is mainly to satisfy client demand for comprehensive functions and to allow quick product development, and is not founded to target any specific competitor.