GeIL Black Dragon Dual-Channel and Quad-Channel DDR3 Memory Kits
- 1066MHz CL7, 1333MHz CL6, 7&9, 1600MHz CL7,8&9, 1800MHz CL7, 8&9, 2000MHz CL8&9, 2133MHz CL9.
- 2GB (1GBx2) & 4GB (2GBx2) Dual Channel Kit Retail Package
- 8GB (2GBx4) Quad Channel Kit Retail Package
- PCB: 8-Layer Black Dragon PCB with dual red LEDTechnology: Die-hard Burn-in Technology
- Warranty: Lifetime
ASUS EAH5970 VoltageTweak, EAH5750 Formula and EAH5770
ASUS launched the new ASUS EAH5000 Series, a lineup of three graphics cards that cater to a wide spectrum of needs including extreme overclocking, fast-paced gaming and daily computing. Equipped with ASUS' exclusive Voltage Tweak technology, the ASUS EAH5970/G/2DIS/2GD5 and EAH5770/2DI/1GD5 graphics cards enable users to boost GPU voltages via the SmartDoctor application to enjoy up to a 31% improvement in performance. The ASUS EAH5770/2DI/1GD5 and EAH5750 FORMULA/2DI/1GD5 feature highly effective cooling solutions capable of up to 13% better heat dissipation, and boast ASUS' exclusive Xtreme Design
Jetway P55 HI05 motherboard review
When Intel released the P55 chipset and along with it the Core i5 750, Core i7 860 and 870 processors we already knew that we'd be dealing with a lot of P55 motherboard reviews.
We certainly reviewed our share already and guess what ? We have more in store for you. Today the turn goes towards Jetway with a really affordable P55 offering in that saturated motherboard market -- meet the HI05 p55 based motherboard.
Check out the review here.
Elpida readies 6Gbps GDDR5
Elpida Memory, Inc., Japan's leading global supplier of Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM), today announced that it had developed a 1-gigabit GDDR5 (product name: EDW1032BABG) that operates at a world-class high speed of 6Gbps. The new graphic memory (GDDR: Graphics Double Data Rate) device marks Elpida's first successful step in the GDDR market.
Applications for GDDR memory devices used with GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) are found not only in such graphic processing equipment as game consoles and PC graphics cards but also in equipment that require high-performance computing for use in such areas as science and technology, physical simulation, digital image processing and video conversion.
In August Elpida announced plans to enter the graphics DRAM business based on its acquisition of GDDR design assets from the German company Qimonda AG. The successful development of the new GDDR product in only three months using these design assets was made possible by close cooperation between Elpida's new Munich Design Center in Germany, an Elpida Japan-based technology team and engineers at Taiwan-based Winbond Electronics Corporation.
After concluding an evaluation at the Munich Design Center, sample shipments will start in December and mass production is expected to begin in the second quarter (April-June) of CY 2010.
Elpida is now involved in all areas of the DRAM market - commodity DRAMs, GDDR for the graphics market, high-speed XDR DRAM and Mobile RAM for mobile equipment. By becoming one of the few full-range suppliers Elpida expects to play an increasingly important role in the DRAM market with its "total memory solutions" approach.
Mionix Naos 5000 Gaming Mouse
Mionix, a Swedish manufacturer of professional high-end gaming accessories today unveiled their new gaming mouse, Mionix Naos 5000. Ergonomically designed and stuffed with new and innovative features, Mionix Naos 5000 not only stands out from the crowd, it sets new standards when it comes to comfort, tracking capacity and customization options.
"When we started this project our goal was to create a fully adjustable and innovative gaming mouse with unique features. It has been very challenging and we put in a lot of effort to archieve our goals. Mionix Naos 5000 is a big step forward to become one of the world's leading manufacturer of gaming accessories with a wide range of gaming products that gamers can identify themselves with. We are very proud to be the first Swedish manufacturer of gaming accessories to develop a gaming mouse", says Carl Conradsson, Mionix.
WHERE INNOVATION MEETS PERFORMANCE
The design of Mionix Naos 5000 is interesting due to the fully support to all five fingers. It has been under development since the beginning of this year and has been tested by gamers, both professionals and amateurs in order to find the perfect ergonomic grip.
The new innovative weight tuning system is completely new to the market. Gaming mice with traditional positioned weight tuning systems sometimes gets heavy in the back. In order to prevent this, Mionix Naos 5000 has a centralized weight tuning system that improves the weight distribution of the mouse. Another stunning feature is the S.Q.A.T (Surface Quality Analyzer Tool), a smart tool that measures the tracking quality of the mousepad surface.
Mionix Naos 5000 carries only carefully chosen high-end components. The 6 integrated LEDs supports extensive color options and can be configured from the software among other functions such as adjustable lift-distance, dpi sensitivity, macros and much more. Mionix Naos 5000 also has a built-in memory that manages up to 5 profiles, when you go on LAN just plug in your mouse and start immediately, no driver or other software needs to be installed.
This prominent gaming mouse is named after the star Naos, a blue super giant and one of the brightest stars in our galaxy. Naos means "ship" and is enough powerful to create comet tails and huge clouds of auroras visible from Earth. Naos is constantly moving away from its original position in the constellation of Vela and it spins about 100 times faster than our sun. Since its birth it has covered a distance of 400 light-years. No one knows exactly why Naos has such a high rotation speed, but an explanation to this phenomenon lies in the gravitational interaction between many other stars.
- Truly ergonomic design - Truly ergonomic design with support for all five fingers
- Maximum grip - The rubber coating ensures a maximum grip
- Balanced weight tuning system - A unique weight tuning system for an optimal weight distribution
- 5040 dpi laser sensor - Remarkable tracking performance built for gaming
- 128 KB built-in memory - Bring your settings and recorded macros with you stored into one of the 5 profiles
- Customizable LED light system - Personalize your mouse with extensive color options
- S.Q.A.T : Surface Quality Analyzer Tool - Surface Quality Analyzer tool to measure the tracking quality on a certain surface
- 3 steps customizable dpi in-game adjustment - Set 3 dpi values and switch easily between them in-game
- 7 programmable buttons - The buttons can be assigned to any key, mouse command or macro
- In-game profile switch - Switch easy with a click between stored profiles in-game
- Adjustable polling rate - Tune it all the way up to 1000Hz through the software
- Plug n Play - Completely Plug n Play, software needed only for configuration
- Recommended price: 71,99
NVIDIA Patent Optimizes GPU Processing Speed
"Previously, when a large texture needed to be read, one instruction would be issued, and one shader circuit would need to make several passes while other circuits sat idle," NVIDIA spokesman Hector Marinez said. "But [NVIDIA] patent authors Emmett Kilgariff and Rui Bastos figured out a way to allow for a partial texture load. By breaking the texture load into smaller pieces
Radeon 5700/5800 supplies to pick up soon
Not much time after being released, the ATI Radeon HD 5700 and ATI Radeon HD 5800 series was revealed to be in relative short supply, due to, said AMD representative Chris Hook, Advanced Micro Devices' relative short supply of high-end and mainstream DirectX 11 products. This shortage of components is mostly generated by the yield issues the Taiwan Semiconductor manufacturing Company (TSMC) is currently faced with. The AMD spokesman reinforced the fact that the problem would soon be alleviated.
Windows 8 is coming in 2012
Well, if Windows 8 does not come as a major improvement on Windows 7 (i don't know what that means, as Windows 7 is solid, both in terms of quality and features), it will have a hard time convincing the buyers. 7, besides the features and stability, and everything else, had the advantage of launching on a market splitted between an old OS, although still loved by many/me ;) (Windows XP), and a flawed OS (Vista). Windows 8 will probably find a market dominated by a modern OS with lots of good features and good stability and security. Click the thumbnail
Radeon 5870 QUADFIRE User Video #2
One of our biggest Guru3D afficionado's is BODAR, for his occupation hes in a band but in his spare time prolly one of the biggest techs related to Guru3D. He is alive and and active in our forums a lot and he spends a lot of money on his gear. He recently built a fantastic PC -- totally overclocked and pimped up with no less than four Radeon HD 5870 1024MB card. This weekend he made a second nice video about his new setup and takes you through a good number of benchmarks and user experiences.
- Radeon HD 5870 1024Mb (x4)
- Xeon 3580 @ 4.72 GHz
- 120GB OCZ Vertex Turbo SSD
- 6GB Corsair Dominator
- 1500 Watt PSU
- Windows 7
Also BODAR has a three-way Eyfinity setup. If you are bored on a Sunday morning, go check out the second installment of his video's and if you like to comment him, please do so in this thread. Again nice job Bodar !
FRAPs has been bug fixed, the new build 3.03.
3.0.3 - 21st Nov 2009
- Fixed installer not displaying correctly for some users under Win7
Changes in version 3.0.2:
- Fixed inability to put machine to sleep with Fraps running
- Fixed bug preventing people from updating the benchmark timeout value
- Fixed problem restoring Fraps window to previous position upon startup
- Fixed AUDIODG.EXE consuming large amounts of CPU for some users
Realtek HD Audio 2.37 Driver
The latest download of Realtek's HD audio driver version available for Windows XP and Vista, it runs under Windows 7 too. The HD audio driver version for Realtek chips is available for download on our server. This download offers both the Windows XP and Vista binaries, the files contain drivers for the 32 Bit and 64 Bit versions. All Realtek HD audio chips, which are common on many motherboards and in notebooks, are supported.
Driver Package R2.37
Realtek HD Audio Driver support all of Realtek HD Audio Codec .
- Vista/Windows 7 WHQL Supporting: ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC889, ALC892, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC665, ALC260, ALC262,ALC267, ALC268, ALC269, ALC270, ALC272, ALC273, ALC887,ALC670, ALC275
- Windows 2000/XP WHQL Supporting: ALC880, ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC889, ALC892, ALC861VC, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC665, ALC260, ALC262, ALC267,ALC268, ALC269, ALC270, ALC272, ALC273, ALC887,ALC670, ALC275
- HDMI Device WHQL Support: ATI HDMI Devices
- OS Supporting: Microsoft WindowsXP, Widnows2000, Windows Server 2003, Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows7 - x86/x64
- Pack with Microsoft High Definition Audio UAAV1.0a(5013)
- Add/Fix -- Driver Customizations.
AOpen XC Mini GP7A-HD nettop eschews Atom for Core 2 Duo & NVIDIA Ion
AOpen have reelased their latest nettop, but whereas we
BioShock 2 MP Clip
Ozone SMOG gaming mouse review
Smog is one of the most extreme mouse's I have tested personally in a while and we've seen a good number of them. Smog is as versatile as can be and not only that, it's a very ergonomic mouse with a great feel and guess what, an affordable sales price as well.
The Smog features an ergonomic right handed design, it has an embedded Avago 9500 laser sensor, 7+2 programmable buttons, and a DPI settings 5040 (selectable). The mouse also comes with a rubber left side grip, ceramic footpads, an adjustable weight. And sure, Macro modes for gaming profiles as well and 4-way scrolling.
Check out the review
USB3.0 Controller from Sharkoon
Zalman preps MFC1 Combo fan controller
Zalman is prepping a new multi-channel fan controller, the MFC1 Combo. The fan controller occupies one 5.25-inch drive bay, and comes with a brushed aluminum bezel.
Out of the five independent channels the controller provides, four work on the conventional voltage-control principle, while one provides PWM (pulse-width modulation) control. Each channel delivers up to 7W / 0.6 A. The PWM-controlled channel also comes with a PWM-mode with three speed presets a fourth one can be user-defined. The Zalman MFC1 Combo should be priced at around 40 EUR [via tpu].
MSI Takes H57 Motherboard to mATX Form Factor
MSI is working on a H57-based mATX motherboard which is expected to fight against the Asus P7H57D-V EVO, we just received some photo's from MIS.
The H57M-ED65 features an OC-Genie chip, and enables users to adjust BCLK conveniently. Besides, the board packs two PCI-e x16 slots, HDMI/DVI/D-Sub/DisplayPort connectivities, and supports MSI
GPU-Z 0.3.7 Released
GPU-Z is a lightweight utility designed to give you all information about your video card and GPU.
- Added Infotips for sensors
- Fixed crash when ATI ULPS CrossFire enabled
- Added full support for ATI HD 5970 (Hemlock)
- Added full support for
NVIDIAGeForce GT 240 (GT215)
- Added "ULPS active" note to CrossFire status when ULPS active
- Fixed overclocks via CCC not showing correctly
- Added checkboxes to show availability of CUDA, PhysX, OpenCL and DirectX Compute
- Improved memory type detection for GT 216, GT 218
- Added voltage monitoring support for HD 5770
- Disconnected fan now shows correctly in sensors (when detectable via hardware)
- Improved accuracy of ATI GPU load monitoring
- Added detection for ATI RV380/RV530 cards relabeled to NVIDIA 9400/9500/9600 GT
- Added support for NVIDIA 9300 SE, NVS450, GT 240, GTS 250M, G102M
- Added support for Intel G41