MSI shows list of six-core compatible motherboards
MSI released a list of its motherboards that fully support the six-core Intel Core i7-980X "Gulftown" processor.
Model List and BIOS Version Supported
- Eclipse Plus: A7566IMS.110
- Eclipse SLI: A7520IMS.1C0
- X58 Platinum SLI: A7522IMS.370
- X58 Platinum: A7522IMS.370
- X58 Pro: A7522IMS.8A0
- X58 Pro-E: A7522IMS.8A0
- X58M: A7593IMS.350
To provide consumers more comprehensive upgrade services, MSI, the world-leading mainboard and graphic card manufacturer, announced today that all MSI Intel X58-based mainboards will support the latest Intel Core i7-980X Extreme, the 32nm B1 stepping native 6-core CPU. So in the beginning of product design, MSI's total consideration about upgradability is shown, and also the greater scalability to consumers is brought.
On the market, the Intel Core i7-980X Extreme processor, which adopts the cutting-edge 32nm process and B1 stepping, is the first native 6-core CPU for home and office use, and the multi-tasking performance provide by the CPUs will bring users the most impressive experience of performance. The MSI X58 mainboards have been a heat on the market and earned innumerable awards from worldwide media since they were launched for their outstanding specifications and performance. Another heat is expected from them for their full support and compatibility with the Intel Coire-i7 980X Extreme CPUs. As reasons above, MSI X58 mainboards will undoubtedly the first choice for the overclockers thirst for the extreme performance!
In Win Ironclad Full-Tower case
In Win introduced the Ironclad, a new full ATX steel with five 5.25" bays, support for up to six 3.5" HDDs, a 2.5" bay for SSDs, and eight PCI expansion slots The motherboard tray features holes for cable management and a hole at the CPU area to make it easier to swap coolers. The case ships with three 120mm fans and one 220mm fan, and features pre-drilled holes for watercooling tubes.
There are 8 expansion slots, with the 8th one making installing double-slot graphics cards on the last expansion slot easy. Each slot cover has a vent with dust-filters. Dust filters also make it to other areas such as the PSU air intake and the front grill.
The case has vents on almost every side. Fans include one 120 mm front, a rear 120 mm, a top 120 mm fan (while the top has slot for two 120 mm fans), a large 220 mm fan on the side-panel, which also has holders for four 120 mm fans instead of the 220 mm fan. Some panels also come with noise-dampening foam padding. Right below the expansion slots and above the PSU, there are four holes for water-cooling tubings, for two independent loops. The front-panel is located on the top, and has FP audio, two USB ports, two eSATA, and an IEEE-1394a [via tpu].
GeForce GTX 480, GTX 470 Details Leaked
Website VR-Zone claims to have received what are supposedly the final specifications for the upcoming Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 and GTX 470 GPUs. The site lists the following information:
- GeForce GTX 480 : 480 SP, 384-bit, 250W TDP, US$499
- GeForce GTX 470 : 448 SP, 320-bit, 225W TDP, US$349
There's also a leaked photo of the GTX 480 on the web but let me say, just stay tuned for the official release of the GeForce GTX 400 which is only seven days away.
Disney Interactive goes for it and creates a Need for Speed facsimile with new additions in this new Split/Second Street Racing Game. The features that separate this new game with the NFS saga is the massive destruction/events that you can taste in-game
Along this new features:
- The City is Your Weapon - Alter the dynamics of the race within a made-for-TV city rigged to blow
- Every Lap is Different -Devastating events that change the track, create new routes and new obstacles
- Action Arcade Racing -Fast paced, intense racing action
You can check out the Video Preview of the Game (is not out yet) here. It will be available for PC and XBOX360.
Dragon Age: Awakening is Out!
The First Expansion Pack for the Original Dragon Age is out, called "Awakening", the new stories starts where the original Dragon Age ends, with lands destroyed by the Darkspawn and your mission to rebuild the Grey Wardens.
Awakening will carry on the tradicion of "Import Character" that started with the First Mass Effect Game and Proceed with Mass Effect 2, being an Bioware Game that was to be expected, you can even import a Dead Character from the original Dragon Age, but the game will manage to somehow tell the story of you surviving.
Awakening is somehow shorter than the original Dragon Age and will carry on with Oghren as the only companion from the original game, there are cameos of some characters depending of our decisions.Awakenings will be available for purchase as a Digital Download on steam and other means, for PS3, XBOX360 and PC.
Gigabyte Launches USB 3.0 contest
Gigabyte today announced the start of the GIGIABYTE USB 3.0 & 3x USB Power web contest,
PowerColor HD5770 Eyefinity 5 card official
Spotted and shown in our CeBIT 2010 report, PowerColor now officially introduces their Radeon HD5770 Eyefinity 5:
The HD5770 Eyefinity 5 features multi-display eyefinity technology, enables up to 5 monitors to be operated from one card through its five mini displayport onboard design. Gamers can easily make use of this unique feature and have different display configurations to enjoy a wider field of view and get more done at the same time.
This unparalleled graphics solution takes advantage of the HD5770 series features, clocking in at 850 MHz core speed and 1200MHz memory speed, the card is ready to tackle all the latest game titles and enable a superior gaming experience. With support for Microsoft
ASUS Eee Box EB1501U and EB1012U with USB 3.0
Sure, it takes a while to figure out the difference between ASUS
Six Core Phenom II X6 clock speeds unveiled
The web is serving some more info info about the clockspeeds of AMD's upcoming six-core Phenom II X6 "Thuban" processors. Apparently a couple of BIOS updates from Gigabyte revealed the clock frequencies of AMD's upcoming Thuban processors. Here are the bold figures:
- Phenom II X6 1035T will run at 2600 MHz / 2.6 GHz
- Phenom II X6 1055T will run at 2800 MHz / 2.8 GHz.
- Phenom II X6 1075T will run at 3000 MHz / 3.0 GHz
That makes the fastest model 333 MHz slower than Intel's Core i7 980X processor. Considering the architecture it's save to say that AMD will not be blowing away Intel performance wise, but the six-core Thuban processors are clocked fairly high though and as such they will deliver a really good punch as performance will no exception be great and knowing AMD, pricing will be MUCH better than Intel's offering.
Put really simple, AMD typically charged 45~50 USD per core. I'm smelling a 300 USD six-core processors!
Razer debuts mouse for lefties
Razer issued the the DeathAdder Left Hand Edition, claiming this is world's first gaming mouse designed with the professional left-handed gamer in mind. It should be available soon for around $59.99 (59.99EUR).
- Ergonomic left-hand design
- 3500dpi Razer Precision 3.5G infrared sensor
- 1000Hz Ultrapolling / 1ms response
- Five independently programmable Hyperesponse buttons
- li>On-The-Fly Sensitivity
Internet Explorer 9 Platform Preview
Microsoft launched just recently it's new Internet Explorer 9 Platform Preview program, this new site allows you to try the new IE9 that has, between a lot of new things, HTML GPU Acceleration, that's right, Microsoft implemented 3D acceleration to Internet Explorer, really, in an effort to compete with Firefox and Chrome the new Internet Explorer also offers the following:
- Improved ACID3 test
- Hardware Background compile of java script
HTML5 with GPU Acceleration
So, that's it, give it here, the main site also offer Demos so that you can test all of this new technologies.
Be adviced, it is only a Preview and it's not even BETA, but, the new GPU Acceleration should be interesting.
NVIDIA Forceware 197.13 out for grabs
NVIDIA issued a beta Forceware driver. This is a WHQL-candidate driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, and 300-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.
This driver resolves fan speed issues reported with version 196.75 drivers. NVIDIA asks that you remove 196.75 drivers and update to either 196.21 WHQL drivers or to this 197.13 WHQL-candidate driver.
If you currently have 196.75 installed, please first uninstall it before installing 197.13.
New in Version 197.13
- Adds support for Next Generation ION.
- Adds support for GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340.
- Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.
- Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 22.214.171.124 (for supported GPUs).
- Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
- Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
- Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
- Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
- Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
- Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
- Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology
- Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.
- Enhanced SLI support for Metro 2033, Supreme Commander 2, Unigine, and World of Warcraft
- Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.
- Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
- Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
- Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with the new Adobe Flash 10.1 beta. Learn more here.
- Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports CUDA Toolkit 3.0 features and performance enhancements. See CUDA Zone for more details.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology* on DirectX 9 and OpenGL.
- Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more here.
- Download these FREE PhysX and CUDA applications now!
- Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
We have a discussion thread open on these drivers right here.
ECS A890GXM-A (AMD 890GX ) review
ECS A890GXM-A (AMD 890GX motherboard) review
The AMD 890GX based motherboard chipsets proof their strength and by all means is really fun to work and play around with. When you plant the two chips from AMD on a mainboard from ECS, they'll try to do some more stuff. It's the ECS Black series style - with a bucket load of features like integrated graphics sub-D, DVI, HDMI and display port connectors, passive cooling, 8-channel sound, dual GigE Ethernet, Crossfire ready, and pretty decent overclockabilty.
Check out the full Guru3D article here.
ASUS P7F7-E WS supports four graphics cards
ASUS introduced the P7F7-E WS Supercomputer, a new workstation motherboard designed for Intel LGA1156 Xeon 3400, Core i7, Core i5, Core i3 and Pentium series processors. The motherboard features the Intel Ibex Peak 3450 chipset + NVIDIA NF200 and supports up to four graphics cards. The motherboard is equipped with SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 support, and features two Quick Gate ports that enable you to easily connect USB devices to the motherboard.
|Model||P7F7-E WS SuperComputer|
|CPU Socket||1x LGA1156 socket for Intel
EVGA Classified SR-2 is a dual-socket motherboard announced
By Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 03/17/2010 12:14 PM | 0 comment(s) ]
eVGA today officially releases a board we've been talking about a lot. They launched the Classified SR-2, nicknamed "mother of all motherboards". This is a dual-socket Intel 5520 chipset based server motherboard dressed up for hardware enthusiasts, it supports 4-way SLI, has 8-phase PWM, support for up to 48GB DDR3 memory, USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps.
The motherboard uses the new, huge HPTX form factor that measures 15" x 13.6". EVGA warns the motherboard will only fit in wide ATX cases with 9 or more expansion slots, and that it is possible that mods may be required for a correct fit in the chassis. You can check out the full specifications over here.
We are proud to present the EVGA Classified SR-2, the absolute ultimate for the extreme user. It takes everything that made the X58 Classified 4-way SLI motherboard great and doubled it up. Now you can experience the ultimate in overclocked multithreaded performance by way of Dual 1366 sockets which allow for hyperthreaded Intel Xeon CPU
Non-WHQL ATI Catalyst 10.3 released
By Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 03/17/2010 12:13 PM | 0 comment(s) ]
Typically ATI does not release NON WHQL certified drivers, but as it seems ATI will release a beta today which we'll post once available. The driver should help out with a LOT of performance improvements for several game titles. The non-WHQL driver features a couple of enhancements that weren't ready in time for the WHQL driver, this includes Eyefinity 6 (which we'll actually review soon with six monitors) updates and a performance enhancement for Alien vs. Predator.
Here's an overview of the new features in Catalyst 10.3:
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
By Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 03/17/2010 12:07 PM | 0 comment(s) ]
More game news, EA sent out a press release announcing that Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight is now available in stores and via digital distributions. Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight hits North America today and Europe on Friday, exclusively for PC.
Metro 2033 ships
By Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 03/17/2010 12:05 PM | 0 comment(s) ]
A game that I have been looking forward to very much is Metro. The guys behind it are programmers from the STALKER team, who left the software house and started this new project all by themselves. And the end result at least graphics wise is really good. THQ sent out a press release announcing the North American release of Metro 2033, the post-apocalyptic shooter developed by 4A
Based on a novel by the Russian author Dmitry Glukhovsky, Metro 2033 combines classic first-person-shooter action with elements of survival horror and intelligent plot and character development not seen before in gaming, to create a true genre original. Metro 2033 is now available to purchase at retail stores around the world for both the Xbox 360
Guru3D.com © 2016