SBK GENERATIONS coming in May 2012
Inno3D GeForce GTX 680 TwinFan Graphics Card
Inno3D collaborated with Hong Kong distributor Esonex Systems Limited for the successful new NVIDIA Kepler product launch on March 24th, 2012. The new product is Nvidia's new generation of graphics cards Inno3D GeForce GTX680 showcasing the core of the Kepler architecture, new architecture is based on a 28 nanometer processor, so that the graphics card operates at a lower power efficiency, this has brought unprecedented extreme gaming performance. In addition to the hardware specifications, Kepler architecture GPU supports the new FXAA TXAA antialiasing and Adaptive the Vsync technologies, this not only shows the delicate and smooth motion, but also improves the visual quality.
Nvidia Asia-Pacific Director of Channel Marketing Mr. Paul Lui was invited to the stage to introduce to the media and guests of the new generation of Kepler architecture graphics.
The powerful performance of the Kepler architecture was fully appreciated by all who attended the product launch and witnessed its performance.
In addition to the debut for Inno3D GeForce GTX 680, Inno3D also unveiled the new generation of graphics card with special coolers. Inno3D has learned the importance of excellent cooling for the graphics card therefore invested resources in the development of the cutting edge design cooler. The new generation of Inno3D's cooler new design dissipates heat more effectively.
The shape of the twin fan is more streamlined and the use of cooling a larger heat sink with removable fan shell design aids to more easy self-cleaning and dust removal. In addition to the air-cooling, in order to meet the requirements on the cooling efficiency of hardcore gamers, at the press conference, a water cooler Inno3D GeForce GTX 680 was also showcased. This cooler is much more than the average air-cooled products. The graphics card gets cooled while at the same time operating more quietly.
EVGA Announces New Global Warranty Policy
This new warranty policy will be automatically applied on any products purchased on or after July 1st, 2011.* Under this new warranty policy, all products will have a minimum of 3 years warranty, and registration is now optional.
The warranty is fully transferable. This means that if an end user transfers ownership of an EVGA product to another end user whether via a private sale, or via a second hand online site or auction site, the remainder of the warranty period also transfers to the new owner.
New bonuses will be available for original owners that do register within 30 days of purchase.
EVGA Global Warranty Key Items:
- 3 Year Warranty Minimum - All EVGA products will carry a minimum warranty of 3 years.*
- Warranty is now Transferrable
Mach Xtreme Technology2.5" SATA II MX-JET ULTRA Series SSD
Mach Xtreme Technology Inc., a worldwide leader in top performance, high reliability and user-friendly designed PC components, today announced improved MX-JET ULTRA Series 2.5" SSD for mainstream users. MX-JET ULTRA Series delivers blazing fast, smooth and stutter free performance at an affordable price point.
The MX-JET ULTRA Series SSD provides outstanding performance, endurance and power efficiency resulting in exceptional user experience. This series is offering users robust data protection with enhanced hardware BCH ECC engine, StaticDataRefresh technology support and data shaping for higher data reliability.
The MX-JET ULTRA drive delivers best-in-class read and write speeds clocking in at up to 270 MB/s read and 180 MB/s write along with the maximum of 15,000 IOPS and superior durability (1.5 million MTBF) compared to previous generation drives. Available in capacities 64 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB, Mach Xtreme Technology MX- JET ULTRA SSDs come backed with 1 Year Warranty and outstanding after-sales service.
MX-JET ULTRA Series 2.5" SSD at A Glance:
- 2.5" SATAII (2.6) MLC Solid State Drive
- 64 MB DDR2 SDRAM cache memory
- Max. Read Performance up to 270 MB/s (128 GB)
- Max. Write Performance up to 170 MB/s (128 GB)
- Max. I/O per second of 15,000 IOPS
- Power consumption: stand-by 0.3W / active 2.3W
- Life expectancy: MTBF 1.5 million hours
- Capacity: 64 GB (MXSSD2MJTU-64G), 128 GB (MXSSD2MJTU-128G) and 256 GB (MXSSD2MJTU-256G)
- Warranty: 1 Year
Sapphire HD 7970 Toxic has 6GB
The card has 6 GB of memory in 24 GDDR5 memory chips, 12 on each side. To power the factory-overclocked 28 nm "Tahiti" GPU and 24 GDDR5 7 GT/s memory us a spicy VRM. Sapphire implemented an 8+3 phase power supply, that makes use of solid-state chokes, and International Rectifier DirectFETs. The VRM draws power from two 8-pin PCIe power connectors.
Sapphire implemented LEDs for each of the 8 vGPU phases, that gives you a real-time indication of their individual loading. These LEDs can be seen through a window on the top of the card.
The heatsink makes use of four 8 mm-thick nickel-plated copper heat pipes, as well as a vapor-chamber plate. It is ventilated by two 80 mm fans.
The card features out of the box clock speeds of 1150 MHz (core), and 1500 MHz (6.00 GHz GDDR5 effective) memory. It includes dual-BIOS, with a failsafe BIOS.
first bios - 1000/1450 Mhz
second bios - 1150/1500 Mhz
OCLab overclocked the card with its included cooler, to 1300 MHz (core) and 1900 MHz (memory), and put it through 3DMark 11. It scored P12463 points in performance preset.
Download Realtek HD Audio 2.68 Driver
The latest download of Realtek's HD audio driver version available for Windows XP, Vista, it runs under Windows 7 as well of course. The HD audio driver version for Realtek chips is available for download from our servers.
This download hosted at Guru3D.com offers all the Windows XP, Vista and 7 binaries, the files contain drivers for the 32 Bit and 64 Bit versions. All Realtek HD audio chips, which are common on many motherboards and in notebooks, are supported.
Driver Package R2.68
Realtek HD Audio Driver support all of Realtek HD Audio Codec .
1. Vista/Windows 7 WHQL Supporting:
ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC886, ALC887, ALC888, ALC889, ALC892, ALC899, ALC861VD, ALC660,
ALC662, ALC663, ALC665, ALC670, ALC671, ALC672, ALC676, ALC680, ALC221, ALC231, ALC260, ALC262,
ALC267, ALC268, ALC269, ALC270, ALC272, ALC273, ALC275, ALC276, ALC280, ALC282, ALC290
2. Windows 2000/XP WHQL Supporting:
ALC880, ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC886, ALC887, ALC888, ALC889, ALC892, ALC899, ALC861VC,
ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC665, ALC670, ALC671, ALC672, ALC676, ALC680, ALC221, ALC231,
ALC260, ALC262, ALC267,ALC268, ALC269, ALC270, ALC272, ALC273, ALC275, ALC276, ALC280, ALC282, ALC290
3. HDMI Device WHQL Support: ATI HDMI Devices
4. OS Supporting: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows7 - x86/x64
5. Pack with Microsoft High Definition Audio UAAV1.0a(5013) For Windows 2000 SP4, XP SP1, XP SP2, Server 2003 SP1.
1.) Driver :
2. Add ALC282.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema v220.127.116.1135 Download
Modern graphics card offer the possibility to decode partially or completely a video stream using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA), in order to reduce CPU usage dramatically. MPC-HC includes an embedded video decoder that uses this technology, to decode x.264, H.264 and VC-1 with hardly any CPU time required.
This project is based on the original "Media Player Classic" and was created after Gabest, the original author, stopped.
The download has both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions in the 7ZIP self extractable archive.
- Use ffmpeg for RealVideo/RealAudio decoding
- Support for SIPR and VP30/31
- Support WMV3 DXVA
- Support for ALAC
- MatroskaSplitter: support for QDesign Music, Sorenson and Cinepak video
- Ticket #552, Add the ability to check if a newer stable version is available using Help --> Check for updates
- Ticket #1668, A keyboard shortcut can now be assigned to toggle custom channel mapping on/off
- Ticket #1738, Support for decoding FLV SWF ADPCM
- Ticket #2065, CMD_GETCURRENTPOSITION command gives the position with an accuracy of 1 ms (only for media files, not for DVD-Video)
- Ticket #2087, Add some OSD messages when resetting the playback rate and changing the zoom level
- Ticket #2111, A keyboard shortcut can now be assigned to toggle normalization and regain volume on/off
Koolance GeForce GTX 680 Water Block
If you are looking for a serious waterblock on the GeForce GTX 680, then Koolance might have an answer for you with a full coverage water block for NVIDIA's current flagship graphics card.
Named VID-NX680, Koolance's block weights 680 grams and features G 1/4" threading, an Acetal top cover and a 'high-performance microfin (0.5 mm) design made of solid copper with anti-corrosive nickel plating.'
The VID-NX680 is selling for $119.99.
LSI Launches Nytro Products
LSI Corporation today introduced the Nytro portfolio, a comprehensive family of solutions that combines PCIe flash technology with intelligent caching and management software to achieve accelerated application performance in datacenters and cloud environments.
The amount of data being stored and accessed worldwide is growing at an exponential rate, outpacing the ability of traditional storage architectures to keep up. This creates bottlenecks, throttling application performance and making it harder for companies to extract the full value from data. Nytro solutions allow datacenters to contend with massive data growth and speed the ability of databases and other applications to access data and provide real-time analytics and reporting.
Nytro products help customers achieve:
- Up to 30x faster database transaction performance
- Over 4.0 GB per second sustained throughput to perform high-speed big data analysis
- Automatic, intelligent read and write caching of hot data to high-performance flash storage
- Significant power, cooling and physical footprint savings, reducing total cost of ownership
- Enterprise-class flash performance and reliability from LSI SandForce flash storage processors with DuraClass technology
- Simple, transparent application acceleration with minimal impact to existing IT infrastructure
- Broad compatibility with existing infrastructure through use of LSI SAS and MegaRAID drivers featuring extensive operating system and management support
The Nytro product portfolio includes:
- LSI Nytro WarpDrive Application Acceleration Cards - second-generation family of PCIe flash adapters for drop-in high performance and low latency to accelerate transactional application performance and response time. Nytro WarpDrive cards range in capacity from 200 GB to 3.2 TB of MLC or SLC flash memory, and combine the award-winning performance, reliability and energy efficiency of LSI SandForce flash storage processors with industry-leading LSI SAS controller ICs. A single Nytro WarpDrive card delivers the I/O performance of hundreds of hard disk drives while requiring significantly less power, cooling and physical space for a reduced total cost of ownership.
- LSI Nytro XD Application Acceleration Storage Solution - combines the LSI Nytro WarpDrive card with Nytro XD intelligent caching software for out-of-the-box application acceleration for storage area networks (SAN) and direct-attached storage (DAS) environments. The Nytro XD solution automatically and transparently caches frequently accessed data reads and writes to high-performance PCIe flash storage, reducing latency and delivering up to a 30x performance improvement over HDD-only storage systems. The result is optimized data I/O rates and faster system and application performance while using existing IT infrastructure for investment protection.
- LSI Nytro MegaRAID Application Acceleration Cards - provide simple and cost-effective acceleration of SAS-connected DAS storage by combining the proven RAID performance and data protection capabilities of LSI MegaRAID controllers with on-board flash and intelligent caching software. Nytro MegaRAID cards automatically move data between integrated flash storage and hard drives to blend high-performance and high-capacity storage without requiring expensive software tuning or rewrites.
- LSI Nytro Predictor Software Tool - provides an intelligent guide for choosing the right Nytro application acceleration solution. Nytro Predictor software helps IT managers and database administrators identify and analyze application "hot spots" of frequently used data to determine which applications can be accelerated and make recommendations on which LSI Nytro product is best-suited for their specific application requirements.
Pricing and availability
LSI Nytro solutions are currently sampling with OEM customers, and are expected to be generally available beginning in the second quarter. Pricing for Nytro WarpDrive cards starts at a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $6,600 MSRP, pricing for Nytro XD solutions starts at $9,400 MSRP, and pricing for Nytro MegaRAID cards starts at $1,799 MSRP.
ASUS EA-N66 Dual Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
The ASUS EA-N66 3-in-1 dual band wireless-N900 Gigabit Ethernet adapter is equipped with a unique 3 x 3 patented antenna design, providing users high speed internet access. With selectable dual band operating modes and speeds of up to 450 Mbps per band, the EA-N66 caters to web browsing, smooth HD video streaming, and lag-free online gaming with ease.
Using custom patented antenna architecture, the EA-N66 minimizes interference and provides consumers the fastest Gigabit network speeds currently available, enabling access to wide-reaching coverage for internet access anywhere around the home.
Operating at 2.4 GHz allows users to download files and browse the web, while the faster and less crowded 5 GHz band handles more demanding tasks such as HD content streaming. The two selectable frequencies therefore optimize performance for the best internet experience. With standard Ethernet cables, users can easily link Ethernet-supporting devices such as desktops, notebooks, multimedia players, or smart TVs via the EA-N66 to start browsing the internet, stream content, or game online without delay.
The EA-N66 works in Ethernet adapter, repeater, and access point modes. As an Ethernet adapter, it can quickly connect to a variety of Ethernet-capable devices with wireless support, operating at up to 450 Mbps per band. In repeater mode, the high-powered EA-N66 can rebroadcast signals to extend wireless range if a direct connection cannot be established, offering better coverage for larger residences with special utility in multi-level locations. Users simply need to scan for the strongest Wi-Fi signal and link it to their SSID of choice. As an access point, the EA-N66 works with wired modems and routers, instantly adding wireless support to an existing network. All of these can be activated easily with the ASUS intuitive user interface in a few steps and with no install disc required.
Zotac GeForce GTX 680 Extreme clocked at 1.2GHz
Zotac's GeForce GTX 680 Extreme Edition was spotted over at Expreview. This new card features a base and boost clockspeed of 1200MHz (vs stock clockspeed of 1006MHz) and 2GB GDDR5 memory clocked at the standard clockspeed of 6000MHz. The standard core voltage is 1.212V and Zotac told Expreview that the card is capable of delivering up to 1.5V to assist in extreme overclocking. According to Zotac, a core clockspeed of 2GHz might be attainable in a best case scenario using extreme cooling, excellent overclocking skills and some luck. Apart from a strong VRM (detailed in the older article), the card is also backed by several nifty features, such voltage measurement points, extreme-cooling optimized BIOS, and adequate-looking VRM cooling. The USB mini type-B connector on the back of the card turns out to be not a connection to an OC module, but a USB connection to the motherboard. ZOTAC is routing the card's SMBUS to its Firestorm OC software over USB. Maybe they haven't figured out [how] this could be done through the NVIDIA driver interface, or they didn't trust NVIDIA. For example, NVIDIA blocks SMBUS access to components that they deem "sensitive".
Intel to launch 7-series chipsets on April 8
DigiTimes reports that Intel plans to launch its 7-series chipsets and its own-brand Z77-based motherboards on April 8th.
Intel has already unveiled several own-brand Z77- and H77-based motherboards including DZ77GA-70K, DZ77BH-55K and DH77KC, while some motherboard vendors are adding Thunderbolt technology to their high-end products to boost their attraction.
Intel is expected to announce Z77, H77, Z75 and B75 chipsets on April 8 with prices at US$48, US$43, US$40 and US$37, respectively and will launch Q77 at US$44 and Q75 at US$40 on May 13. The site also received word that Ivy Bridge processors including the Core i7-3770K will arrive late this month.
It's the weirdest release ever, as you can already purchase Z77 mothebroards in the stores.
Orcs Must Die! 2
Orcs Must Die! 2 begins days after the ending of the original game. With the rifts closed and the magical Order dead, the War Mage finds himself suddenly thrust into a new battle against the mindless orc mob. He has a powerful, if questionable, new companion in the Sorceress, an ex-War Mage responsible for the destruction of the Order.
Orcs Must Die! 2 Features:
- New Campaign - Orcs Must Die! 2 features a full campaign that you can play in single-player or with a friend in co-op. Choose to play the campaign as the War Mage, a headstrong hero who charges into danger, or play as the more nuanced Sorceress, a new hero who keeps enemies at bay with mind-control and magic.
- More Enemies - An army of vile new creatures is set to pour through the rifts, and they've brought all of your favorite trap-fodder from the original Orcs Must Die! along with them!
- More Defenses - Orcs Must Die! 2 has an enormous armory of new and classic defenses, including an all new assortment of magical trinkets. Use your new spellbook to buy defenses and upgrades the way you choose to, building up your arsenal based on how you play the game.
- New Upgrade System - The skull system has been completely redesigned. You will always earn skulls for replaying levels, and the skulls can be spent on multiple persistent upgrades for each of your defenses.
Players wishing to add to the current 3.4 billion dead orc count can download the original Orcs Must Die! on Steam and other PC Platforms. As a special bonus, players who own the original Orcs Must Die! on PC will unlock exclusive content in the sequel.
XBox 720: Blu-ray Inside, 2 GPUs, Internet Required
VG247 has learned that Microsoft has now detailed Xbox 720 to certain partners and has internally confirmed the machine for a Christmas 2013 release.
The next generation Xbox will have a Blu-ray drive, contrary to a recent report. Multiple sources have confirmed this morning that the machine will have two GPUs. One said: It's like two PCs taped together.
We're waiting for final confirmation of specs, but the graphics cards are thought to be equivalent to AMD's 7000 series GPUs, but "not CrossFire or SLI". The GPUs aren't structured as they are in a normal dual PC set-up, in which the two chips take it in turns to draw lines of the same object: Xbox 720's graphics units will be able to work independently, drawing separate items simultaneously.
There will be "four or six" cores to the Xbox 720 CPU, one of which will be reserved for Kinect and one for the OS. Xbox 720 will require an always-on internet connection as an anti-piracy measure. We've also been told that the next generation of Kinect will be built into the device as standard.
LG 55-inch OLED TV to ship in May for $8,000
Oooh goody goody, OLED is finally penetrating the HDTV market. Now initiall it will be expensive, but once it hits mainstream Hmmmmm yummie ! DigitalTrends reports that LG plans to release a 55-inch OLED TV in May with a price tag around the $8,000 mark! These new screens promise better image quality in a razor-thin, ultra light package with none of the limitations of LCD nor plasma.
Sony PlayStation 4 to go x86?
At launch, both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 offered amazing theoretical CPU performance that was significantly higher than that of contemporary PC processors plus GPU performance that went toe-to-toe with discrete graphics cards costing as much as the consoles themselves. If the rumor mill is right, the next generation of consoles will be a lot more modest, and incapable of taking on even today's high-end PCs.
While bad news for NVIDIA, it's probably worse news still for another demographic: current PlayStation 3 owners. The radical shift in architecture, from Cell with NVIDIA graphics to x86 with AMD graphics, means that the next generation PlayStation is unlikely to offer backwards compatibility with existing titles (rumors are already pointing towards Sony removing this feature, in fact). Emulating Cell on the CPU will be impossible, as the CPU simply won't be fast enough.
Console gamers of all kinds may also be disappointed the new machines won't be as tremendous a leap over current systems as past systems have been. Consoles have already been eclipsed by PCs
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H motherboard preview
We preview the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H which is intended for Intels 22nm processors that will be coming out later this year based on Socket LGA1155 however the motherboard also supports Sandy bridge processors like the Core i7 2600K.
While we are not allowed to publish any testing results whatsoever related to Ivy Bridge on this GA-Z77X-D3H, we are able to give you a closer look at the motherboard itself. Have a peek at what is about to launch soon.
Eken A90 an Affordable Android Tablet
If you are searching for a new affordable Android tablet, then check out the Eken A90. Priced at just $157.99 each, the tablet comes jam packed with a 1.2GHz Allwinner A10 processor, a 1GB of RAM, an 8GB of internal storage, a large 9.7-inch (1024 x 768) display and the Google Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 OS.
Measuring at just 11mm thick, the Eken A90 provides a pair of micro USB ports, a 2-megapixel rear-facing camera, a 0.3-megapixel front-facing camera, a 3.5mm earphone jack and a microSD card slot for storage expansion. Additionally, this gadget also supports HD video playback via an HDMI port. [Product Page]