Unigine Heaven DirectX 11 benchmark 2.5
Unigine Corp announced its release of the first DirectX 11 benchmark "Heaven" that is based on its proprietary Unigine engine. The company has already made a name among the overclockers and gaming enthusiasts for uncovering the realm of true GPU capabilities with previously released "Sanctuary" and "Tropics" demos. Their benchmarking capabilities are coupled with striking visual integrity of the refined graphic art.
Heaven benchmark excels at providing the following key features:
- Native support of OpenGL, DirectX 9, DirectX 10 and DirectX 11
- Comprehensive use of tessellation technology
- Advanced SSAO (screen-space ambient occlusion)
- Volumetric cumulonimbus clouds generated by a physically accurate algorithm
- Dynamic simulation of changing environment with high physical fidelity
- Interactive experience with fly/walk-through modes
- ATI Eyefinity support
* Added Professional edition
* Improved support of various GPUs
* Added support of indirect occlusion (SSDO) to simulate real-time global illumination
* Improved stability on multi-hour runs
* Fixed Windows GUI launcher compatibility issues
* Improved quality of ambient occlusion
* Fixed minor content glitches
* Added user manual
* Improved Windows installer
The professional version is primarily targeted to companies, hardware reviewers and all enthusiasts who need to perform a robust and thorough GPU performance and/or stress testing in the convenient way.
Heaven Pro version features include:
* Command line automation
* Reports in CSV format
* Stress testing mode (benchmark looping)
* Technical support
* Licensed for commercial use
- The Tessellation feature REQUIRES a GPU with DirectX 11 support!
- ATI Radeon HD 2xxx and higher or NVIDIA GeForce 7xxx and higher (recommended: NVIDIA 8800 / AMD 4800 series)
- 256 Mb of video memory
Earlier this month the company has announced full support of DirectX 11 features in its top-notch 3D middleware. Updated Unigine engine supports Windows 7 and has successfully incorporated the groundbreaking DirectX 11 capabilities, including the following core features:
- Hardware tessellation
- Shader Model 5.0
Unigine has published the second release of Heaven Benchmark, a DirectX 11 GPU benchmark based on the Unigine engine. Heaven Benchmark 2.0 is more complex than the first edition, it features a heavier tessellation load, major engine optimizations, new objects, more dynamic lights, and other improvements.
- Heavier tessellation load
- Several major optimizations of the engine
- Added new elaborated objects in the world
- Physics-driven flags
- More dynamic lights
- Enhancements of some old assets
- Introduced "moderate" and "extreme" tessellation modes
We also have a discussion thread open here on this technology demo slash benchmark.