Stone Giant Public Demo
Posted by: Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 04/23/2010 10:29 AM [ 0 comment(s) ]
BitSquid and Fatshark are excited to announce that the Stone Giant demo, using the upcoming DirectX11 game engine BitSquid Tech, is available for immediate public download.
Key features of the BitSquid Tech (PC version) include:
- Highly parallel, data oriented design
- Support for all new DX11 GPUs, including the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 400 Series and AMD Radeon 5000 series
- Compute Shader 5 based depth of field effects
- Dynamic level of detail through displacement map tessellation
- Stereoscopic 3D support for NVIDIA 3dVision
PS3 and Xbox 360 support will be available in the fall of 2010.For benchmark mode just push enter, f1-f4 changes some settings and f4 shows performance.
With advanced tessellation scenes, and high levels of geometry, Stone Giant will allow consumers to test the DX11-credentials of their new graphics cards, said Tobias Persson, Founder and Senior Graphics Architect at BitSquid. We believe that the great image fidelity seen in Stone Giant, made possible by the advanced features of DirectX 11, is something that we will come to expect in future games.
At Fatshark, we have been creating the art content seen in Stone Giant, said Martin Wahlund, CEO of Fatshark. It has been amazing to work with a bleeding edge engine, without the usual geometric limitations seen in current games.