PassMark PerformanceTest 7.0 build 1003
Fast, easy to use, PC speed testing and benchmarking. PassMark PerformanceTest allows you to objectively benchmark a PC using a variety of different speed tests and compare the results to other computers.
Twenty-eight standard benchmark tests are available in six test suites plus there are seven advanced testing windows for custom benchmarking.
Standard test suites
- CPU tests Mathematical operations, compression, encryption, SSE, 3DNow! instructions and more
- 2D graphics tests Drawing lines, bitmaps, fonts, text, and GUI elements
- 3D graphics tests Simple to complex DirectX 3D graphics and animations
- Disk tests Reading, writing and seeking within disk files
- Memory tests Allocating and accessing memory speed and efficiency
- CD / DVD test Test the speed of your CD or DVD drive
Changes in version 7.0 build 1003:
- Fixed a possible crash in the Medium/Complex 3D test.
- Fixed an error in reporting the transfer speed in the advanced network test.
- Fixed an error when running licensed from USB Drive.
- Fixed crash on some systems when opening "print" menu option.
- Fixed baselines info not displaying when selecting for display from the web download interface.
- Fixed OS lacking 32/64-bit info in baseline search.
- Fixed problem with installing a licensed copy of PT to a USB drive.
- New DirectX 10 3D Test (Requires Windows Vista and a DirectX 10 compatible video card)
- Large improvements to the user interface, including near completely reworked main window.
- Can now view the system information from multiple baselines simultaneously.
- streamlined baseline selection dialogue
- Increased the default size of the main window to go along with the graphical improvements.
- Improved baseline search functionality.
- Removed almost all restrictions in the trial version.
- Increased the amount of system information gathered and displayed.
- Improved copy options for quickly getting system information from PT to the clipboard.
- /p option added to use the application directory instead of the user directory
- Added EXPORTBASELINE script option to export .pt file
- Overhauled most of the 2D test suite. Complex Vector tests and Image filtering tests now included.
- Changed fonts and text test to have text which is more representative of a real document.
- Increased intensity of "Windows Interface" test.
- Increased the resolution at which 2d and 3d graphics tests are run to place more load on the video card.
- Prime numbers test optimised.
- String sorting test intensified to use more memory.
- Image rotation test was moved from the CPU suite and added as part of the image filters in the 2D suite to show what is happening.
- Added CPU Physics simulation test
- Added Visualised Physics Test to advanced test suite. This is a customizable 3D representation of what the new physics CPU test is doing.
- Increased unchached memory test from 4MB to 64MB as many CPU's have 4MB caches now.
- Updated image export functionality.
- Install to USB drive menu function.
- Changed Passmark Rating calculation to limit the effect of a single extremely fast system component.