MSI AfterBurner 1.4.2
Download MSI AfterBurner from MSI. This is an incredible handy overclock utility for MSI graphics cards.
Afterburner is powered by our own Rivatuner engine, but this software comes with a few extra's. AfterBurner will support both ATI and NVIDIA graphics cards, Voltage regulation on the GPU, overclocking on core, shader and memory domains, GPU load levels (ATI), fan speed adjustment, device information .. and a really wicked graphical (configurable) monitor.
So with combined forces MSI will bring you their new AfterBurner overclock software. AfterBurner, as in giving that airplane an extra boost of power. The end-result (we feel) is a great looking user-friendly overclocking experience, with on-the-fly advanced user options .. including something I know many of you will like, VRM voltage control.
- Up to 85% overclocking capability
- Over voltage function to significantly increase overclocking potential
- Core/Shader/Memory clock adjustment
- Core/Shader clock Link/Unlink capability
- Clock/Voltage/Temperature/Fan Speed/Frame rate real-time monitor
- Maximum/Minimum value for easy record of system condition
- Real-time On-Screen-Display information in games
- Real-time information in Windows Tray Icon
- Detach mode for hardcore monitor style
- 5 Profile to easy save/load user customized setting
- Profile hot-key for easy and quick switch in games
- 2D/3D automatic profile switching for difference scenario
- Special Function:
- Advanced fan speed control for different speed under different temperature trigger points
- Mutil-GPU independent or synchronous control for clock/voltage/fan speed
- Information button for graphics card driver version, BIOS version, identification, OSD status and update link
- User Customized skin function
- Apply overclocking setting at system startup
Afterburner v.1.4.2 (2010-01-05)
- Added voltage control for custom design MSI N240GT D5 1GB series graphics cards with uP6262 voltage regulators
- Added voltage control for custom design MSI R5770 Hawk graphics cards with uP6204 voltage regulators
Afterburner v.1.4.1 (2009-11-23)
- Fix incorrect database entry of MSI N240GT D3 series
Afterburner v.1.4.0 (2009-11-11)
- Added initial AMD RADEON HD 5970 series graphics cards support
- Added voltage control for cost down reference design AMD RADEON HD 4870 series graphics cards with L6788A voltage regulator
- Added voltage control for custom design MSI R4770 Cyclone graphics cards series with uP6204 voltage regulators
- Ineffective and slow temperature, clock, GPU usage and fan speed monitoring implementation provided by native AMD's ADL SDK has been replaced with own more effective low-level codepath. Due to new codepath hardware monitoring related CPU performance hit has been reduced drastically on the systems with AMD graphics cards and drivers.
- On-Screen Display and Logitech LCD monitoring modules no longer explicitly read displayed data from hardware and retrieve cached data from monitoring graphs instead. Due to this change CPU performance hit is reduced when OSD or LCD monitoring features are enabled.
- Fan speed slider position and numeric fan speed input field are now being refreshed in automatic fan speed mode only when MSI Afterburner window is active.
- Added configuration file switch allowing power users to unlock unofficial overclocking codepath in AMD display drivers (similar to AMDGPUClockTool, ATITool and RivaTuner overclocking implementation on AMD graphics cards).
Unlike AMD's official ADL SDK overclocking ways, unofficial ones are not limited with CCC clock limit but have some alternate disadvantages (e.g. PowerPlay support limitation).
Please take a note that unofficial overclocking methods are not supported either by AMD or by MSI, so unlock and use it at your own risk.
- Now it is possible to toggle performance profiler status info visibility in hardware monitor window via [Show status] option in the context menu.
- Fixed L6788A database entry for AMD RADEON HD 4770 series graphics cards
- GPU voltage monitoring feature is now locked and not available by default.
Unfortunately some inexperienced users don't understand the risk of running multiple tools accessing voltage regulator at the same time and tend to use helper voltage monitoring features in everyday hardware monitoring sessions in conjunction with third party VRM monitoring tools, intensively writing data to VRM and periodically causing it to enter wrong state due to write collision. Unfortunately such issues are wrongly treated by certain users as instability of our product. To prevent such rumors, since this version voltage monitoring feature is no longer available to beginners by default.
Experienced users understanding these specifics and accepting these risks may unlock voltage monitoring features via new safety option in [General]tab
- AMD RV8xx I2C microcontroller is now being forcibly reset prior to starting new I2C transaction to minimize the risk of I2C collisions with third party tool without I2C synchronization protocol support (e.g. AMDGPUClockTool)
- Added safety option allowing users to disable voltage control feature if it is not needed
- Now Afterburner forcibly changes memory clock for all performance levels at once on AMD graphics cards with equal default memory clocks defined for all performance levels to bypass flickering issue caused by incorrect PowerPlay dynamic memory clock changing implementation on some cards
- Added Catalyst driver family version detection for AMD graphics cards
- Added option to display system time in the On-Screen Display
- Added red and blue editions of default skin
- Various minor user interface and skin tweaks
- Added configuration file switches allowing power users to tweak Afterburner startup process and define startup delay or force the startup to be handled by Windows Vista / Windows 7 Task Scheduler to bypass UAC evaluation window (additional Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 runtime libraries installation is required for task scheduler based startup way)
- MSI On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 3.6.0. New server provides improved desktop windows notification mechanism and also features optional power user oriented task scheduler based startup way
- Added skin format reference documentation. Now third party skin designers may use this local offline documentation to create their own skins for MSI Afterburner. Official MSI Afterburner skin creation contest is approaching!
Do you feel that you can design nice skins for MSI Afterburner? Stay tuned and don't miss your chance to win the prize!
Please bare in mind that this software works with MSI graphics cards and a handful of reference based cards, you could be lucky though ;)