Mozilla Firefox 18 Download
Posted by: Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 01/11/2013 09:59 AM [ 0 comment(s) ]
Download the latest version of Mozilla's Firefox
Firefox users who cannot wait to update the stable channel of the web browser from version 10 to 11, can download the new version from the official Mozilla ftp server or third party download sites early. Please note that while it is unlikely that the final version will get replaced in last minute, it has happened in the past. It is recommended to wait for the official release announcement if Firefox is running in a productive environment, or if you do not need to have access to the new feature set introduced in the browser right away.
The majority of features are only interesting for web developers and developers in general. Firefox 11 supports the CSS text-size-adjust property, and the outerHTML property. Developers can furthermore make use of the Style Editor for editing CSS, and the new Page Inspector 3D View which is available if the computer is compatible with WebGL.Firefox 11 furthermore supports the SPDY protocol for faster page loads, and XMLHttpRequest HTML parsing.The change log lists unresolved issues, among them some that have been noticed by some users in previous versions of the browser as well. This includes the slow scrolling in the Gmail window, or jerky scrolling and text input under certain conditions.It is not really necessary to update the browser right now, instead of waiting the three days before the official announcement is being made. It would be different if stability or security updates were included in the release.
- Support for Retina Display on OS X 10.7 and up
- Preliminary support for WebRTC
- Experience better image quality with our new HTML scaling algorithm
- Performance improvements around tab switching
- Support for new DOM property window.devicePixelRatio
- Improvement in startup time through smart handling of signed extension certificates
- Support for W3C touch events implemented, taking the place of MozTouch events
- Disable insecure content loading on HTTPS pages (62178)
- Improved responsiveness for users on proxies (769764)
- Certain valid WebGL drawing operations are incorrectly rejected, leaving incomplete rendering in affected pages (see 825205)
- If you try to start Firefox using a locked profile, it will crash (see 573369)
- For some users, scrolling in the main GMail window will be slower than usual (see579260)
- Windows: The use of Microsoft's System Restore functionality shortly after updating Firefox may prevent future updates (see 730285)
- Starting Firefox with -private flag incorrectly claims you are not in Private Browsing mode (see 802274). Fixed in 19.
- Plugins stop rendering when the top half of the plugin is scrolled off the top of the page, in HiDPI mode (see 825734)