ForceWare 56.56 Win2000|XP WHQL
Windows 2000/XP WHQL
This is nVIDIA's new official ForceWare 55 driver. Not NVIDIA released it this time, yet one of their partners did; eVGA.
The driver has already passed WHQL for all cards.
Right now there is a bug in the 56.56 driver that causes a dramatic performance regression from 53.03 (current driver) in the new UT 2004 demo. NVIDIA is working to fix the bug ASAP, a new release is slated on MArch 1st. Mean time, please note that UT 2004 scores are unrealistically low. The scores are fine on 53.03.
The NVIDIA ForceWare Release 55 graphics driver includes many features, enhancements, and bug fixes and gives users a broad range of productivity-enhancing tools. What's nice about this release is the integration of socalled gridlines in which you can devide up your monitor into separate regions for all of your applications. Check this image:
nView Display Gridlines divide the desktop into separate regions, to efficiently utilize the available area.
Highlights of the NVIDIA ForceWare Release 55 include:
- Application/game profiles-image quality and performance settings can be defined and saved for each application. Profiles launch automatically when the program is initiated. Adjustments can be made easily to any existing profile.
- Mouse-over pop-up help for all graphics control panels-an integrated help function provides pop-up explanations of all graphics-related settings.
- Drop-down menu for NVIDIA settings-a new menu item on the right-click drop-down menu takes users directly to a control panel for NVIDIA graphics settings.
- The latest NVIDIA nView(tm) 3.5 software-a new nView multi-display wizard speeds the set up for multi-display modes. nView 3.5 also provides numerous enhancements for more efficiently using a single display including an improved pop-up blocker and enhanced display grid technology for organizing windows on your desktop.
- Easy output of video files to television-when selecting a video file for output, a simple right-click on the mouse pops up a menu to speed start up and simplify the selection of video output options.
- Introduction of PCI Express- support for the latest PC bus enabled through NVIDIA UDA.
Grab it here, we have four mirrors worldwide.
On an additional note, we also serve the 3D Glasses path Edimensional, so if you want tom play in 3D with the new release you'll need to download both the driver and the 3D Patch ! Download patch here.
We also have several threads open on these drivers in our NVIDIA driver discussion forums.