FarCry Benchmarking Utility
Posted by: Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 05/25/2006 08:19 AM [ 0 comment(s) ]
The HardwareOC FarCry Benchmark is an easy-to-use tool, that makes Far Cry video card benchmarking fast and easy. In 2004 Far Cry earned the "Best Game of the Year" award because of its awesome graphics and gameplay. It was the first game with Pixel Shader 3 support, which later became a standard in many other games.
While the user interface is simple, you can actually change more details than you think. With its one-of-a-kind screenshot feature, you can make snaps from the same frame from different views. You can also use OpenGL instead of Direct3D, or turn on HRD and Geometry instancing.
- Change the resolution from 640×480 up to 2048×1536 (in 6 steps).
- 11 built-in demos.
- Pixel Shader 1.1/2.0/3.0 support.
- 3 graphics quality with a custom one. Note: Maximum quality is the same as you can find in the game, while "Ultra" is an even better custom setting.
- OpenGL or Direct3D rendering engine.
- 8 languages.
- Demo loop for the reliable and stability tests. Values: 1,2,3,4,5,15,25,50,100.
- Screenshots function.
- Change the HDR level between 1 and 11.
- Optional Geometry Instancing and Normal-Maps Compression.
- Change filters (not recommended, read the FAQ).
What's new in 1.5 ?
> NEW: Help file.
> NEW: NVIDIA VGA detection modul.
> NEW: ATI VGA detection modul (Ray Adams, developer of ATI Tray Tools).
> NEW: Add system information module.